International Merchandise Services / Undelivered cash price

1 South Africa Review updated:

I would like to believe that i am one of the poor people conned out of my hard earned cash.These people put a scratch competition in the magazine and my wife and self thought the Heavens have finally smiled on us.We made the necessary deposits to the given bank account so that they can send the prize to us.

Well the rest is history because we did not recieve the prize.
Such is life but people out there becareful.
Thank you for this space.

Anonymous

Johannesburg.

Comments

• Je
      24th of Nov, 2010

I'm so glad for the internet at times like these.I too was promised a guaranteed prize of R115 000, 00.Thank God that I decided to do a little bit of investigating myself.Anyway, what an eye opener when I read so many complaints of this so called company who goes by the name of International Merchandise Services.To think that I was considering sending the money for the goods promised, what a close call.I'm glad I went with my gut on this one.To think that there are people in this world who wouldn't think twice of stealing from the poor just infuriates me.I'd also like to know how they could put their rubbish in the MNET guide.I intend to investigate this matter further with MNET.

• Ph
      18th of Feb, 2011

I also scratched a price in a magazine, they said to deposit money in order for me to receive the price I have won.
    useless to say, I received nothing, is somebody investigating this company? do they even exist?
    P Barnard

• Hl
      18th of May, 2011

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY EITHER WHETHER TO BELIEVE U OR NOT.AS IVE ALSO RECEIVED SUCH PARKAGE, AND I DID AS IT SAY BY DEPOSITING R159, 90.UR COMMENT HAVE TAKEN MY SPIRIT DOWN.BUT HOW CAN A SCAM USE SUCH WAY, THAT CLAIM LETTER LOOKS ORIGINAL AND EVEN EXPENSIVE .IN THE OTHER SIDE I DONT THINK IS A SCAM.TO WRITE AND PRINT A LETTER IS COSTY AND TO POST.INTERNATIONAL MERCHANDISE SERVICE IS EXISTING...

• Je
      5th of Jun, 2011

Experience has taught me that when something is too good to be true, it usually is. I' m so glad that I didn't fall for their scam. Always do your homework if you're not sure about something. Like you, I went on the net and found out that it was indeed a scam and I was so disgusted with the perpetrators.That wouldn't have been my last money, but for many, it was. So before I send them any money, I would think twice and I'm glad I did. It's still your decision. so I guess you have to do what your gut tells you. Just remember, there are so many scams out there and everybody's after your money. Think about it, if they have 100 people fooled, how much money can they make? Something worth giving a gander, wouldn't you say?

5th of Jul, 2011

I also received a letter stating that I had won an amount of R120 000.00 which was going to be paid in 5 instalments provided that I send an amount of R139.00. Instead I was posted a "diamond" penchant necklace. Three weeks later I recieved another letter claiming that I had won an amount of R46 000.00 or any of the large prizes. To this I did not send any money, but five weeks later, I received a letter stating that there was a large parcel in a box that needs to be collected, and I need to pay an amount of R139.00. I paid this amount and when a receipt from the post came for me to collect, I thought; this is it. Guess what? the same "diamond" necklace. Today(05/07/11) I got another letter. These people must be investigated. from Sabelo Fulephu . Emndeni South. Soweto

• Mo
      8th of Jun, 2012

I also received many letters stating that I have won R115 000, 00 and R46 000, 00, which will be sent with my order that I place with them. Only the order came which was half broken and of no sense to return for a return, as the return cost more than the item itself. For the past seven years I have entered this competitions and every time when I am announce and notified as a winner I do not get the prize but my money is in their account. Until now it is still going on. I have contact Wayne to lodge my complaint via e-mail in 2011, It does not take one year and six months to answer a e-mail. after reading all these bad report on e-mail I think that these people must be stop and investigated by the Hawks as their bank account is getting fill with other peoples money. I am so disgusted that they have taken me for a ride. M Pandy

• Po
      5th of Nov, 2012

I am a girl of 20 years and I receive a letter saying that I have won R48, 000, 00 and a car from International Merchandise Service. I immediately went on the Internet to my surprise I was introduced to the SCAMS they are doing. Now I don't know if I should believe any this that I received from them. I thank all the people that opened my eyes to all this, to even think I was going to pay the money that they asked for.

• Fe
      2nd of Jul, 2013

Hi there

Me and my friend want to open a case at SAPS but we need more people to be taken seriously cos they wont be bothered with a R300 but if we are more people, it may be thousands, even millions they have scammed - we can make it happen? (Please see my post)
    Enough is enough already!!!
    Let me know
    Regards
    Jenna S

• Tk
      11th of Jul, 2013

Ooh, gosh! This scam is serious neh! You are right to say we must come together to null these ###. I've fallen a victim several times, giving them a benefit of the doubt. I've just receive one of their letters claiming to have won R8 498 158, 00 and to pay R169, 90 remittance for the check. Hence now I decided to Google and all of you are here! Thanks God. We perhaps need a suitable platform to solicit more people. I bet, this is not South Africans. This is huge than we think.
    There was this advert on the newspaper some weeks ago, "Madam Gloria, a psychic" to help reading your future and assist you with luck, love etc. They will send you a fake letter about yourself (all jargon) and how soon lady luck will be knocking at your door, then the next is you receiving all these IMS "winning" letters. Ja, neh! Le rona re rata tjhelete. Mehlalo ke dinoha, mesenene ke batho!
    By TMan

• Td
      19th of Sep, 2013

Go log a submission with carte blanche http://carteblanche.dstv.com/storysubmission (Lets get these a55holes)