International Library of Photography / Fraud

I would like to know if there is any legal recourse we can take for this fraud? When talking to the lady on the phone, she was very curt. She said the items are free but you have to pay shipping. The cordless drill shipping was $39.00. I told her to forget it as I was going to report them to the Better Business Bureau. All that I received for $28.90 was a 3 inch and a 4 inch auger. I had to order auger extenders. I had to pay for the shipping which is $7.95. I originally ordered mine by e-mail.

Va

Comments

• Ph
      23rd of May, 2009

This company is a BIG SCAM!!! I ordered a book and paid $80 for it and never received it. If anyone knows what I can do legal or steps to take that be great, also how to get my money back.
    The book I bought was America's Most Beautiful Babies book.
    Thanks!
    phothala.chanthavysouk@mnsu.edu

• Ta
      29th of May, 2009

THE INTERNATIONAL LIBRARY OF PHOTOGRAPHY RIPPED ME OFF ALSO. MY PHOTO WAS TO BE PUBLISHED IN A BOOK THEY CALLED "ENDLESS JOURNEYS" WHICH WAS TO BE PUBLISHED IN THE FALL OF 2008. I PAID $69.00 FOR IT AND STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED IT. HOPE THEY GET BUSTED SOON!!! THANKS, TAMMY@ tskeho@windstream.net

• Fr
      21st of Aug, 2009

The Better Business Bureau of Madison, Wisconsin has informed me that the former www.picture.com HAS WENT OUT OF BUSINESS. They ripped me off also, I pre-paid for a book I Never Received. DO NOT DO BUSINESS OR ANYTHING with the INTERNATIONAL LIBRARY OF PHOTOGRAPHY. THEY ARE A FRAUD and a RIP OFF! The International Library of Photography is starting to pop up under different names, Read the Fine Print Carefully on All "contact and about us" website papes.

• Ak
      24th of Feb, 2012

I even saw these people tryiing to sell my picture online through several websites. They had a message with a phone # to call. It said that "arrangements" could still be made if I wanted to purchase an item(calendars, mugs, t-shirts, etc) When I wrote them a letter through the "Pictopia" website, they actually wrote me back. Of course I didnt' tell them who I actually was, or that I was the legal owner of the picture at hand. I entered my photo through an insert in the Tampa Tribune in 1997. My photo was published in an anthology in the spring of 1998. Yes, the copywright date is on the pic, when you print it at the library with my name attached permanantly. When I wrote to them, the wrote back, saying " We cannot fufil your request to purchase this item, due to copywright restrictions. We do not have a contract with the copywright owner" ... So, if they don't have permission to sell it, then what is it doing on several websites ? It also has the incorrect copywright date, and they keep updating it every year. It should currently say @ 1998 - 2012 (Anthology : Windows to the World ~~ "Which Way is Up, Ma?"