International Furniture Liquidators / Very dissatisfied services!

I am writing to complain about this International Furniture Liquidators - Wheaton. They provide furniture is imported from various parts of the word and I continuously had problems with their furniture. I have order 3 dining sets, 2 couches, and and entertainment set. All had imperfections and damages. Their policy is very rigid and requires the customer to report all damages within 48 hours. It is impossible to know whether or not the furniture is 100% good condition within 48 hours because if the furniture was poorly made it won't show until a few weeks after. I returned to the store more than 4 times, because of the furniture was chipped, cut or damage in some way. In addition, their delivery days require the customer to wait long hours of 12 pm - 7 pm and they are unable to give a more specific time of delivery. In my personal experience, I was told it was going to be delivered between the hours of 12 - 7 pm and they showed up around 7 pm. Unfortunately since the place I live at is gated, the guard did not allow them in since they had come so late in the evening on Christmas Eve. I was so upset about my day being wasted, the company made a special deliver on Christmas Day. Recently I was delivered a couch and damages didn't show until 1 month afterwards. I contacted the company and they refused to replace and pay for the damages and says it is our responsibility to repair the couch. I feel that this company is very unreliable and does not give the quality furniture the advertise to their customers. International Furniture Liquidators should be reported for their dissatisfied services.

More International Furniture Liquidators Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Mr
      29th of Nov, 2007

It seemed like this person is very selfish to want somebody to work on Christmas Day and constantly nag about imperfections when
    they possibly happened after the 48 hour time period.

• Pe
      19th of Dec, 2007

I want to complain about this complaint... I'm not affiliated with this company at all, but stuff like this frustrates me beyond belief. If you want to have quality you have to pay for it. If you want a discount. Dont complain about discounted furniture. Furthermore, how does "damage" appear after 1 month. If you don't know how to take care of your stuff, it isn't the stores fault. Stop complaining, they delivered your stuff on Christmas.

• He
      13th of Jan, 2008

International Furniture Liquidators is a rip off!

Let me share my experience:
    This afternoon at around 3:30pm I saw signs outside the store indicating discounts of up to 75% off. Therefore, after seeing several showrooms, I decided to buy a dresser marked down to $299.00. The sales associate Mr. Yuyit told me that this particular dresser was a great deal, he said that usually retails for $900 dollars.

I decided to purchased it and bought it with my Visa Card. I told the sales Associate that I was coming back with a rental truck in one hour to pick it up. I did so, and as soon as I arrived, the manager (Robert) approached me and told me there was a mistake in the price and that I needed to pay an additional $100 dollars more if I wanted to take my dresser home.

I explained that I had purchase it , he told me that the price was a mistake.

So I had no other choice that to get my money back because I was not going to pay extra for something I had already purchased.

Robert was extremely confrontational and yelled at me saying that I had to pay $100 dollars more or that my only other option was to get my money refunded.

It seems to me that this company is relying on people to purchase their furniture at at reduced prices and once the customer has incurred in the expense of hiring a truck to pick up their furniture, the salesman or manager attempts to coerced the customer to pay additional funds.

• Bb
      5th of Mar, 2008

I purchased an entire livingroom set from this company and they delivered it to me March 4, 2008. When the furniture arrived, I noticed that it was not what I had purchased. The couch looked as though someone cut it and then repaired it. The back of the furniture was torn. I spoke to the owner Simon who told me that he was not in the business of loosing money for nothing. He acts like I have 1800 dollors just to give him for nothing or like Im just going to pay full price for damaged furniture. He then told me that it would take 30 days to get my money back. I was highly upset due to the fact that it only took these people .5 sec to swipe my card and get my 1800 dollors. I would like to get my money back and actually be sitting on a new couch within 30 days.

THIS COMPANY IS BAD FOR BUISNESS!!!

• Ze
      5th of Apr, 2008

I recently purchased items from this company and I wasn't looking for a discount I was looking for good furniture. They did deliver the furniture, but the furniture was damaged by the movers that they employed I did call and report the damage the same day it was delivered. They damaged my mirror, dressor, headboard and footboard. They replaced the mirror the dressor drawer doesn't fit properly because it was taken from another dressor they said they would paint over the damage for the headboard and footboard. I was outraged that they thought I would except there remedy for their damaged. I'm presently suing them for my money to be returned and they can come and get the furniture.

• Ke
      4th of Jul, 2008

You Broke ### maybe if you stop shopping in the clearance section and buy the good stuff maybe you wont complain so much. I don't work for them, I am a proud customer and they treat me like family but I know the great employees there are laughing at you miserable ###s for putting this on the internet.Maybe if you stop complaining on the internet and use that time working so you can afford the quality furniture, they will treat you with so decenty and order.

It really pisses me off to see barely making it fools trying to ruin the reputation of a GOOD QUALITY store. I commend IFL for the work they do and they will continue to have my business.

• Di
      10th of Apr, 2009

I had the same experience. I paid $4k for a bed set and an italian sectional. And upon delivery, the deliver guy knocked a hole in my newly built condo and the sectional was actually made in China. We went to the store and check the displayed sectional and it was actually made in Italy and it's indeed leather. But the one that is sitting at my condo right now it's made out of POLYESTER!! This is a completely rip off, and I will file through the FTC for a consumer report. I hope they will do a thorough investigation on IFL because of their scamming technique.

• Be
      16th of Nov, 2009

so... pick it up at the store...

6th of Dec, 2009
    International Furniture Liquidators - defected Loveseat
    International Furniture Liquidators
    701 Russell Avenue
    Gaithersburg
    Maryland
    Phone: 301-355-5955

On 11/22/09, I purchased a couch for $500 from the Gaithersburg branch (301) 355-6955. Paid $80 for delivery but when I got the couch it was ripped and the store don't refund the merchandise,

• Ha
      5th of Mar, 2010

Do Not Buy furniture from these stores. They are ripoffs.

Last Saturday I liked this living room furniture set in Rockville. The guy, who introduced himself as the manager, told me he will try to give me a good deal for 3K+tax. He got a phone call and he was on the phone for more than 20mintues. I was tired of waiting for him and I went to Wheaton. The store did not have the same furniture I liked, but the guy who helped me agreed to sell it 2K. I paid in full with my card, and they agreed to deliver it for this coming Saturday. Apparently yesterday I got a call from them and told me that they cannot deliver the furniture cause it is already sold to someone else before me. I tried to talk to both "managers" to convince them that this is not my problem and they should deliver the furniture. I even called the main office, but they all said it is "human mistake". What I know is when any item is sold, there should be "SOLD" sign on the item. What I think happened here, maybe someone made a better offer after I made the purchased, and they decided to lie by telling me someone already made offer before I purchased the furniture. You call this a good customer service? No, I dont think so. All I can say is these stores and people are ripoffs!!!