INTERNATIONAL CLAIM DEPARMENT / North american lottery

1 Canada Review updated:
Phone: 1647-219-7758

I recieved a letter to day stating that i won $55, 000.00 and a check for $3, 955.00 and that i had to send them $2, 900.00 for taxes. It says tha i entered a contest at Niagara Casino (never been there) and that i won, but i have to call Mr. Bob Clems at [protected] first, so i called and it said mail box was full. it uses the address 200 Casino Sq, Niagara Falls. the check says its from Advanced Control Tech. Inc. 760 Veterans Circle, Warminster, PA, 18974. If any one else has recieved one like this let me know what to do about it. I know this is a scam i have been looking it up since i got the mail.

Comments

• Ti
      29th of Jul, 2008

I received the same mailing. The first time I called it stated that the mailbox was full. Then I attempted to call back about 2 hours later and spoke with someone directly. The gentleman informed me to go and cash the enclosed check. Then I need to send $2, 900.00 of this check via Money Gram to pay the taxes on a $55, 500.00 check. Since this mailing was dated 6/30/08 and I just called, he informed me that I would need to try and get this done today so that they may issue the check to me prior to the last day of this month.

I am a lil iffy on this because technically I am not using my money to pay the taxes but that of the check they issued.

I am very interested to know if anyone has actually went through with this.

• Jc
      7th of Aug, 2008

I, too, received the same letter and it seems to fit it like a "t" .
    The letter was dated 08/04/ 2008 and when I called the first and second time a message said that the mailbox was full and to call back latter. They sent me a check of `$1955.00 and 1200.00 was to go to the taxes. I will cash it first and wait for it to clear before I take any money out before it clears. Then if it doesn't clear then I haven't lost any money and my thoughts about it was true... IT'S SOUNDS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE...
    jc

• Jc
      7th of Aug, 2008

I am very leary about this, but I will cash the check and wait until it clears!!!

• Br
      2nd of Sep, 2008

My check was 4700, we called SQUARE 1 BANK in NC, and it is in fact a scam... DO NOT CASH THE CHECK THEY ARE INSUFFICIENT FUNDS!!! So then I called MR. Tim Parker and swore at him ALOT!!! And trying to call back and swear more NOPE NO ANSWER just straight to a recorded voice saying there was no more room to leave a message !!!1647-869-2492 is the number if ya feel like yelling at some one!!! Feel free to contact us with any questions!!! Thanks, The SCAM CATCHERS !!! B & J

• Gi
      13th of Sep, 2008

I got the same check! ($3, 900) and i'm supposed to deposit it and send 2, 900 for taxes.

14th of Sep, 2008

We recieved the same check and knew from the get go, it was a scam. We called and spoke to Mr. Bob Clems and he informed us that it wasn't a scam, and to prove it, just go to our bank and cash the check. Well, the trick is...A bank will cash any check...However if it turns out to be a fake, its your ### not his. The Bank will investigate you for fraud, and will make your account insufficiant for the amount they paid you for the piece of paper a.k.a. the big lotto winnings check.

My dad and I decided to scam the scam artist, so I called Bob using spoof ID making it look as if Western Union was calling him. I told him that the money was sent to him and was on hold but the sender asked for an insurance payement of 200 dollars to be sent to him via western union before the money sent to Niagara Casino was released...So this ###in' idiot sends us the 200 bucks. We scammed the scammers. Serves those ###ers right! Thanks for Red Lobster for the family and a movie night...It was truly a great day!

• Da
      3rd of Oct, 2008

I received a check for 3, 955 today, 10/3/08, and was asked to mail 2900 for taxes. I'm glad I came across this website and realized it was a scam before it was too late. Thanks for getting the message across. With so many people needing extra money in todays economy, these people are like vultures waiting for a victim, knowing that there are people out there so desperate they want to believe it is for real.

• Mi
      3rd of Oct, 2008

I recieved not one but two checks in the mail today. One was for $4980 and the other was for $3980. One was for the North American Lottery and the other was a secret shopper scam. I was suppose to contact so and so yada yada yada. So I started to research and discovered these checks are all ligit banks and companies. Both companies on the checks were listed in the yellow pages. yet the businesses in the letters are false. Check the BBB.Org. The banks are real banks. The checks look so real. Call the bank and call the company on the checks. Research through yellow pages and better business bureau. They will inform you as to whom to speak about reporting these matters. These scammers are trying to ruin your credit as well as your life by tying up your and the authorities time if you are investigated. If you are able to get the money and send them thier portion, they leave you holding the bag. If you cash it and spend the money your credit suffers. If the account of the check that you try to cash is closed or already on the watch list then your time and the authorities time is taken up. With banks having fraud protection for its customers and consumers the banks take the fall because in the end, the company on the check is reimbersed for the writing of the bad check due to fraud (the company loses nothing) and the scapegoat(you the target) if you are able to cash it and you spend the money, you have to pay it back or if they forgive it then the bank takes the loss. And the scammers win. When the bank takes the loss so that companies and honest consumers win it affects the economy such as now. This scam works somehow because they are doing it. They ( the scammers) are making money off of this or they wouldn't do it. And it works. Even if they profit just a little without getting caught, it cost the banks, companies, small businesses, the authorities and you the consumer. Once again, the banks and companies on the checks and do the reasearch. The scammers can be stopped.

• Ka
      8th of Oct, 2008

ok so i got one too for 3955 and im supposed to send 2900 dollars for taxes ive seen what everybody is sayin that it is a scam has anybody tried to go to a bank and cash it?? it sucks it looks so real

• Db
      26th of Oct, 2008

I recieved one of these checks as well today. Glad me than my husband. I knew it was a scam because my niece recived on last year just like it. She cashed it and ended up owing all the money to the bank and was investigated for fraud. It almost cost her her job because of the investigation. DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT CASH THIS CHECK tear it up or contact the authorities. The banks are real but the accounts arn't. Please take head my niece's life was nearly warned over this and she is a single mother what ### buckets.

• Mr
      1st of Apr, 2009

Look at the check under a magnifying glass, you will see the word VOID in several places. DO NOT CASH!!!