International Award Advisors / Payment Notice $3,175,536.00 - Scam/Fraud

1 NC, United States Review updated:

I received the International Award Advisors letter on Friday and sent off the $20.00 check as requested before the deadline for the Transmittal Authorization. The paper work looked pretty official to me and a friend. However after further investigation I'v found that it is some kind of SCAM/FRAUD. I received the exact same letter that was scanned and shown on this site.

By now this Paul Terry should have collected about $3, 175, 536.00 after all the money he's scammed out of people.

Is there anyone out there listening what can be done?

Br

Comments

• Do
      24th of Feb, 2009

I received the same $3, 175, 536.00 award letter today, 2/24/09, which also requests the same $20 requirement. Golly gee, I wonder if the transaction file number 20083014311 with a postmark deadline of March 6, 2009 also matches the notifications everyone else got.

I suggest that Mr. Paul Terry, or whatever his, her or their real name(s) is or are, give me the amount stated on his, hers, or their notification minus the $20 that he, she, or they need from me to "properly" process the issue of the reward.

Whoever thought up this scam, is or are the idiot(s), & ultimately he, she, or they will end up on the incarceration side of this situation. However, he, she, or they should not be concerned; the bail will be set at $3, 175, 536.00 per individual involved, with a processing fee of $20 per person, before the bail amount can or will be accepted. Also complete restitution of the numerous $20 "nominal research and compilation fee" payments made to "IAAj" must be returned, to each person who sent any money, including accrued interest. No problem there Mr. Paul Terry, or whoever you are, right?

• Do
      24th of Feb, 2009

Total agreement!

• Mi
      12th of Mar, 2009

I agree with everyones complaint. I received a Payment Notice on March 7, 2009 and it said that I was to receive $3, 175, 536.00 if I send the $20.00 for nominal research and compilation fee by cash, check or money order. My Transaction File No: 20093397582 and I had to make sure that the postmark is by midnight: March 21, 2009. I hope who ever is doing this to us gets put in jail for a long time (the jerks). I thank god I didn't send the $20.00 to them. I deceided to check on-line first, because their have been a lot of scams around.

• Li
      14th of Mar, 2009

I have sent you a 20 dollar money order and i keep reseving letteres that i have to send a nouther 20 dollares .i think i might have to contack a lawer about suwing you for fales avertisment say i won and then nevere reseving a payment .or a conformation on my winninnges.thank you linda cook,

• Li
      14th of Mar, 2009

i have sent you money and never heard back from you .so i will contack a lawer on a fales avertisment.

• Em
      18th of Mar, 2009

my mother received a letter in the mail for not only this international award advisors but also award notification commision that one says that you need to send 11.98 for a processing fee that they have. and this company my mom sent two letters for the 20.00 because they said that one was a processing fee and the other was a wire fee and to hurry and send it by march 24th. Unfortuanately some one took advantage of several people and it will catch up to them. We just need to all come together to get a law suit so we can get the money this person owes us. lol.

27th of Mar, 2009

thank god i did research ididnt get scamed now im tearing up the letter putting it in the garbage

27th of Mar, 2009

THANK GOD I DID RESEARCH I WOULD OF GOT SCAMED NOW IM THROWING THE FALSE ADVERTISMENT IN THE GARBAGE

• Tr
      31st of Mar, 2009

3/31/09
    I recieved the very exact same letter today. ( My husband was excited and thought it looked very official too! I decided to call the better business bureau of myarea and they said if there is ever a processing fee it is a fraud!!! But I also tried to look the company up online and found your complaint.

I just wanted to add to it and let others know, if they ask for money do NOT send any, it is FRAUD.

I am so sorry to all who fell for this bogus scam, I really wish something could be done.

Lori

1st of Apr, 2009

I WILL LIKE TO THANK YOU ALL FOR YOU COMMENT BECAUSE I WAS ON MY WAY TO SEND THE 20 DOLLERS UNTIL I LOOK ON LINE AND CAME TO THIS I HAVE KIDS AND I NEED ALL MY MONEY SO THANKS AGAIN PS . MONIES I.D. NO IS 20094446075 THE PERSON WHO SEND ME THE LETTER IS JUNE AGUIAR MARIE.

• Da
      13th of May, 2009

Mr. Paul Terry tried to scam me. Transaction File No: *20096298142*
    Total Payment Now Pending: **$3, 175, 536.00**
    Response Deadline: May 21, 2009.
    I thought i actually won something. But really, i won a payment to a schmuck . He didnt get a dime from me. Thanks everyone for posting your experiences. If anyone is a lawyer and would like to take this case...Let Us KNOW! it would be fun to watch him lose!!
    Danielle Mancini-

• De
      14th of Sep, 2009

I also received the same letter today in the mail (9/14/09) stating I would win $2, 500, 000. Says my identification was "occured" on September 11th, 2009. Signed by official signature "Carol Walker". Thank you to all who wrote their comments here...boy am I glad I checked the internet before sending off my $20.
    Denise, New York

• Ha
      6th of Oct, 2009

Anyone that gets a letter through the USPS (US MAIL) should contact the Postmaster General (Post Office) and file a complaint through them. I believe it is still a felony to use the US Mail in the commision of a crime.

John

• Ni
      5th of Nov, 2009

THIS IS SAD WAT THEY DO TO PEOPLE THAT GO THROUGH THESE STUFF AND TRY TO FIGHT AND JUST USE PEOPLE LIKE DAT DONT BELIEVE IT YALL IF IS SAYS A LARGE AMOUNT OF MONEY DONT DO IT OK BELIEVE ME I WENT THROUGH THIS OK

• Mi
      27th of Nov, 2009

Well it looks like they took a 200+ day break. changed states and are at it again. No way I'm sending the $20 requested. Funny alsro rec'd a letter of same nature from differnt company (Prize Information Buerau) out of Las Vegas. Maybe they only get 6 months in jail. and are out again to prey on other. They'll get thiers some day. Remember our deeds supposedly come back to us 10 fold !

• Ro
      2nd of Dec, 2009

Ok well I go tmy two (IAA and PIB) yesterday. But my International Award Advisor was Carol Walker... Go figure maybe Terry has more than just himself in on this thing. Well I deffinatly learned my lesson from a friend so I came online to check it out. Thanks to all you guys who posted this is definately a way to put a stop to these people! I know I'll put them up if I recieve anymore... OOO by the way if these actually were real I'd be 5, 776, 450.00 richer between the two... I think I'll stick to the lottery or gambling. At least I know what I'm doing there

• Ge
      11th of Dec, 2009

i also got a letter in the mail today saying that i won 2 million dollars my husband and i both was happy and we decided that we would look this company up online to see if this was real or not and here we find all these coments about the scam i too is very glad that we didnt send in our money all though we wanted so bad for it to be true.

george and veronica foxworth

Port St Joe, fl.

• Sn
      12th of Dec, 2009

I received a notice on 12/11/09 from PIB(prize Information Bureau) and decided to check on the web to see if this was possibly a scam since it advised me to send back $20.00 for basically a processing fee. Sure enough got a grade "F", big-time scam. Today I get the same type of letter from "Award Account Notification" specifying that I am a confirmed winner of $3, 327, 450.oo. I just have to send in $20.00 for again a processing fee. I go on-line again and see George and Veronica Foxworth's complaint and I 'm dealing with the same international advisor, Carol Walker, except now she is the "Corporate Compliance Officer". I think the old adage to remember here is, " If it looks too good to be true it probably is". Thanks everybody for letting people know what's going on and hopefully they won't be able to get their "$20.00 processing fee anymore. When you think about it that adds up pretty quickly.
    Jean

• Yo
      21st of Dec, 2009

IF YOU WIN ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY NO ONE WOULD CHARGE YOU PROCESSING FEES THEY COULD DEDUCT IT FROM YOUR WINNINGS, SO ALL THESE AWARD LETTERS ARE ONLYGOOD FOR ONE THING WIPING UP THE ### THEIR PRODUCERS ARE SHIPPING OUT
    ROY GREEN VENTURA, CA.

• Sw
      14th of Jan, 2010

I received a letter today from C A International Award Advisor, stating that I won

$2, 500, 000, 00. I was excited thinking about all the things ; I could do for my

family. I knew this had to be a fraud, because the BBB, stated that a cash prize winning

or prize of any sort does not require money exchanged . The only obligation of the

winner is filing a1099 tax and signing a affidavit that gives then total responsibily of

the taxes for the cash winnings. But I still wanted to confirm my suspicions, they were

accurate. Another red flag was, there was no telephone number; no mailing address

only the P.O. Box .

Why couldn't this have been a letter of confirmation from Publishers Clearing house?

Your our next $10, 000, 000.00 winner!!

P.S. I will be

But before I started to get to happy. I logged on the website to make sure this was

a legitimate company