International Award AdvisorsBeing ripped off

1 Review updated:

Times are very hard for me and i'm living in dire times when jobs are slim and finding work to support my family and paying bills is difficult. Somewhere out there i have been targarted because of my situation and i think that other people who find it hard to make ends meet have been targeted also.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Huntington Station, NY
Retired older adults, people with bad credit, or just having a bad time finaically are in the system out there somewhere just waiting for those scammers who know how to get that kind of information so that they can build a persons hope in thinking that they have won lots of money when it's all a lie. This letter had me believing that i would get $2, 500, 000.00 but it was too good to be true until i checked it out on the internet. Just how do these scammers get my address is a puzzle to me. THESE PEOPLE NEED TO BE STOPED

Bo

Comments

• Me
      Feb 09, 2009
    International Award Advisors - Scamed and ripped off
    International Award advisors
    Bartlett
    Tennessee

I received several letters from this company telling me I was guaranteed to win 2, 500, 000.00 and to send 20.00 check cash or money order for a processing fee. This company is fake and the checks and letters are fake. I am 7mts pregnant and really could use this money and my family and I were very excited only to find out it was all a lie.. 20.00 is alot to someone like me and I hope someone out there is doing everything they can to find these evil people and put them away... If you or anyone else recieves a letter from this company file a complaint!

Meghan

• Mr
      Mar 15, 2009

I LIVE IN SHREVEPORT LA THEY SENT ME THE SAME LETTER AND THEY ASKED ME TO SEND THE SAME AMOUNT AND I WAS AT FIRST SOMETHING TOLD ME TO LOOK IT UP ON THE COMPUTER AND THESE ARE WHAT I FOUND THEY SHOULD LOCK THESE PEOPLE UP FOR TAKING ADVANTAGE OF PEOPLE LIKE US

• St
      May 08, 2009

I would like to know where the cops are on all this know someone in New York is making alot of money and all they have to do is go and wait for them to pick up the checks and bust thier A$$, glad i look here befor i send my money

• Ri
      Jun 16, 2009
    International Award Advisors - Sweepstakes Winnings Scam
    New Orleans
    Louisiana

I have received six (6) in all documents from this company, with each requesting a payment of $20 be sent along with the letter for different fees, i.e. "reporting fee", etc. Each letter states that I am a confirmed recipient of millions of dollars to be awarded by the company, and that I am to return signed documents with the payment enclosed.

I was initially contacted by telephone to "verify" that I am the prosed recipient. I'm certain that I only verified my address, and nothing more. I was told that in a few days I would receive written notification by mail, and ever since, the fraudulent mailings have been coming.

I did fall victim to sending an initial money order, but when the subsequent ones arrived, five on the same day, and all requesting a returm payment of $20 for "processing, " etc., it was then that it hit me and I felt like an idiot.

• Ex
      Jun 16, 2009

You are in a tough spot. The mailers will never end. If they send you return envelopes for your payment send it back to them empty with no return address on it. At least you will know you are making them pay for all their postage.

• De
      Jul 13, 2009

I LIVE IN FLORIDA AND GOT THE SAME LETTER AND WAS ASKED TO SEND THE SAME AMOUNT OF MONEY. I KNEW SOMETHING WAS NOT RIGHT AND THOUGHT OF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT WOULD
    FALL FOR THIS. IT MAKES ME SICK THAT SOMEONE WOULD DO THIS AND I WILL FILE A COMPLAINT!

• Fi
      Jul 23, 2009

I received about 6 letters this week alone form this company claiming I won some diferrent amounts of monies and prizes and after reading this blog I defenetly think this is a scam. Please if you knlow how I can file a complain or sue them let me knlow asap. I am from New York City and my email is: [protected]@yahoo.com, Thank you in advance.

• Li
      Sep 09, 2009
    International Award Advisors - Sweepstakes Scam
    Bedford
    Ohio

I recieved a letter stating I won $2.5 million dollars and all I had to do was send them $20.00. I googled the company name to see if it was ligit and it brought me to this website. I'm glad I investigated this before sending them $20.00.

• Zi
      Sep 14, 2009

send in $20 for processing and you've won 2, 500, 000. they sent a ridiculous "official document" with seal and everything.

• Sw
      Sep 22, 2009

Maryse Wasmanski 1919 Lynnbrook Drive, Sw Huntsville Alabama 35803 Phone [protected]

I got a cash payout notification and sent in a $20.00 processing fee by check. (I was dumb but with my life problems right now I thought maybe god was looking down on me.) My judgement was telling me not to but I was just so hopeful. I was told I definitely won. Now I get another cash payout notification where I could win up to $3, 178, 000. Apparently I have not already won. Now they want another $20.00. Now they are saying I am just eligible. If I sent them another $20.00 that would be another $20.00 I am out. Stupid once but not twice. However, I feel really ripped off. How many more processing fees would they ask me for? Even if they eventually paid something out, how much would they have collected by victimizing people like myself? Why would they need to charge me processing fees in the first place? If they need a processing fee, they could take it out of my winnings or charge the other sweepstakes companies.

Oct 06, 2009
    International Award Advisors - Fake Prize $$
    Alabama

We received a notice in the mail from this company stating that it was confirmed that we would be getting $2.5 Million dollars, all we had to do was send them $20. WHAT!?! If you win something, you shouldn't have to pay for it!! These ppl are crazy! If you get a letter from them, file a complaint & shred the stupid thing! Is there any legal action we can take against these jerks??

• Ta
      Oct 06, 2009

I just got a an award notification today and thought I'd better check this out. The notification had an address on the back but no phone number to call to verify this company. So it's a scam, theyre not getting my $20. Thanks to all who have sent their comments.

Oct 13, 2009
    International Award Advisors - Letter IMPLYING I'd won $3,175,536.00
    Huntington Station
    New York

Letter, top of which has "Payment Notice" blazing across what looks like a check written to "Confirmed Recipient" above my name and address, arrived today (10/13/2017) with a deadline for me to send them $20.00. That check and my signature on a "Transmittal Authorization" slip will then make me "fully eligible for prize opportunities stated in Prize
    Enumeration and Documentation (entry directives) which will be rushed to me..." Earlier in the letter, it states: "..is your Official Notification that you have been definitely qualified and confirmed eligible to immediately receive $3, 175, 536 Cash/Prize Payment Enumeration and Documentation (last 6 words in bold face type) win opportunities, which will be transferred to you upon receipt of your signed..."

This is definitely intent to defraud people out of $20. I'm 78 years old and $20 is important to me. Is there some protection against these people?

• Vj
      Nov 07, 2009

I received the same letter on November 5, my birthday, with the same amount of money with the same amount of fee due. I knew this was not true, so to verify it to myself, I went to the internet and behold, I see the very same complaint from the 78 year old. This is really ridiculous, and it continuously confirm that: if it is to good to be true, then it is not true. Thank God for the internet. I agree with the person, it really should be a law against doing this that perputrators cannot get around if sued.

• Ra
      Nov 17, 2009

I have recieved the same letter and they wanted me to send the same amount. i was scamed before while i was pregnant and i dont think its right for these people to take advantage of poor people like me and promise this money and we not recieve it so i would like to know how i can sue these people for the amount they promised me maybe if the get sue for $4000000.00 they might stop this scam. I really need this money maybe not that much but still they deserve to get hit hard in there bank account. so please help me find out how i can sue them.
    Rachel in WV

• Ho
      Nov 24, 2009

I agree that something should be done if all the contest are just scam. I guess it must be a profitable racket for the receivers of the fees. I've ignored all doubters, but as I have begun searching the contest on the internet, I am dissapointed more and more by the complaints of scam. I have received the mailings daily since February 2017 and some have been very persistent on me responding to the final wins. I would like to think that at least one of the contest is real. Well, I don't have twenty dollars to send or waste anyway. Are there any legitamate contest or matchgames out there?

Best wishes

• Sg
      Nov 27, 2009
    International Award Advisors - letter
    international award advisors
    po box 8050
    Huntington Station
    New York

i recieved a letter today stating that i had won in access of 2, 500, 00 in monies and prize opportunities. they me an id number and said they needed 20.00 for required report processing fee. i never entered anything and so i desided to check this place out. i am always geting things of this type either on my email aor in the mail. please tell people to check these things out before sending any money for them. my mon always said if it looks to good to be true then it uaualy is.

• Ca
      Nov 28, 2009

I recieved one today on 11-28-09. i thought it was real till I seen we had to send them $20.00, that just not right. where is the law ? You can bet I will report this.I sure could use this 2, 500, 000.00, but we all could now, I have a cp grandchild that will never walk. Carole in Alabama

• Mr
      Dec 02, 2009
    International Award Advisors - Award Account Notification
    New York

I received a notice via mail from this company stating that my "identification as a recipient for reported cash award entitlements totatling over $2, 500, 000.00 has been confirmed!" It asked me to send a document back to them with my signature to validate the receipt of the prize money - "Money and Prize Eligibility Notification" and included and International Award Advisors Official Record number 0112707 stamp, and a claim document record number: DOC # [protected]. It also asked me to send a "processing fee of $20." It stated my "exclusive prize ID # [protected]", and an international tracking bar code with the same number. The letter was signed by a "Carol Walker, Coorporate Compliance Officer". The document looks very real, despite the vague fine print on the back of the letter.

After doing some research on the internet, I found that many other people had the same type of document with the same wording, and discarded it as a scam. I hope this information is helpful in hopefully apprehending those responsible.

Dec 02, 2009

I have just received the identical notification. Thanks for posting

• Sh
      Dec 24, 2009

this company is driving me nuts!! i tried to get my name off thier mailing list and still everyday or every other days nurmerous letters!!! enough already!!!

• Wi
      Jan 12, 2010
    International Award Advisors - Scam/Fraud
    po box 98779
    Las Vegas
    Nevada

I received this award today in the mail, that I won 2, 500, 000.00 apparently I am the winner of this money and as soon as I send in $20.00 I will immediately start receiving payments. Little did they know, I received 3 other notices that day winning a car, $3million and something else so I went on line to a post office look up site. There is no such post office box of 98779 in las vegas. People check things before u send anything. Thanks to ur comments I was able to see for myself it was a scam.

• Eg
      Jan 13, 2010

So glad i was able to search them up, To find out this is a scam!! DON'T BE FOOLED!! BE CAREFUL!!!

• Te
      Jan 20, 2010
    International Award Advisors - Prize notification
    Terry McCreary
    Bradenton
    Florida

I received a prize notification letter from International Award Advisors and decided to check them out before I submitted any of my hard earned money for any contest. Thank goddness I did!!! Found out that this company is running a SCAM!!! I am just so glad I checked them out and would advise anyone who receives this notification to PLEASE check them out and report them!!! THIS IS A SCAM AND DO NOT PARTICIPATE IF YOU ARE ASKED TO SEND IN ANY MONIES!!!

• Su
      Feb 08, 2010
    International Award Advisors - WANT $20 TO BECOME ELIGIBLE FOR 2 MILLION 5 HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS
    NONE WAS LISTED
    POST OFFICE BOX 8050
    Phone: NONE LISTED

THIS DOCUMENT IS SENT AND SIGNED BY CAROL WALKER AND I SUSPECTED THAT THIS IS A SCAM.
    1 NO BUSINESS NAME IS LISTED

International Award Advisors - U. S. Mail Fraud
    P. O. Box 8050, Huntington Station, NY [protected]
    Gainesville
    Florida

I received a letter on February 8, 2017 from Carol Walker with the International Award Advisors saying that I was a recipient for a cash award of $2, 500, 000.00 and I needed to send them a $20.00 processing fee. I don't understand how these people keep getting away with this!! I thought that using the U. S. Mail was a federal offense!! Why can't we stop these people!

There are so many scams out there now, that every time I receive anything I google it and check it out. And 95% of the time it is a scam!! Why can't the Government crack down on these people?

As usual, THE CRIMINAL HAS RIGHTS AND THE VICTIM HAS NONE! No wonder they keep doing it because they never have to pay for their crime!

• Gw
      Feb 10, 2010

I just received a letter today along with an Official Document stating that I had won $2, 500, 000.00. It was from the International Award Advisors. I knew immediately that it was a Scam. The three Key things that stuck out were (1) Send $20.00, opportunity and sending cash.
    Immediately I looked up International Award Advisors on the Internet. Sure enough, I was right. It was just to good to be true. I am 66 years and have been scammed enough in my life.
    I wounder if it is a real Carol Walker. These people should go to jail for what they are doing!!!

• Te
      Feb 10, 2010

I recieved a professional well written document letter from International Award Advisors advising me I was recipient os $2, 500, 000.00. Wow, all I needed to do was return document along with a $20.00 processing fee to the address P.O.Box 8050 Huntington Station, NY [protected].I returned the letter with a note "you pay process fee, I pay when I get the check, Trust me". This is such a scam.

• Bo
      Feb 12, 2010
    International Award Advisors - 2.5 million winner send $20.00
    p.o. box 8050
    Hunington Station
    Phone: non showing

As other sweepstakes scams I won, but need to send money to process my
    winnings. A true winner never needs to send any money for any reason.

Mar 02, 2010

I received 3 notification letters for prizes for prize awards for $2, t500, 000. $3, 233, 000 and $2, 945, 421.00. All of them requesting $20 processing fee.

• Ra
      Mar 09, 2010

Just received letter stating I won 2500, 000, 000 in money and prizes. But after reading all the complaints about this company, I think I'll keep my $20.00 they're requesting as
    a "processing and report fee".
    I just find it odd that there is no phone number or even website that I can contact for verification. I'm supposed to blindly send money to a company I never heard of; a contest
    I never entered nor know of. And now I have all these complaints from people who received the exact letter I received, declaring it a scam.
    Thank you for the heads-up!

Ralph

• Ro
      Mar 10, 2010

This letter tells me that I've won entitlements totaling over 2.5 Million dollars. They then tell me to send $20 bucks as a processing fee. in the envelope that they provide. Total scam!

• Sk
      Mar 16, 2010

lol!! I just got one of them today that said the same thing and has the same document #[protected] and is signed by Carol Walker. I say hunt this asswhipe down and hang her or him from the highest tree in Texas!!!

• Sk
      Mar 16, 2010

I think it is pathetic that there is people out there that do this kind of crap to hard working innocent people who struggle enough as it is in this economy.

• Vk
      Mar 31, 2010

I RECEIVED THE SAME LETTER STATING THAT I HAD WON THE SAME AMOUNT OF MONEY AND HAD TO SEND $20 AS WELL. I KNEW THAT BY REVIEWING THE MATERIALS RIGHT AWAY THAT IT WAS A RIP OFF. THE FUNNY THING WAS THOUGH, THESE PEOPLE ACTUALLY CALLED ME AS WELL AND INFORMED ME THAT I HAD AS WELL RECEIVED A $25K GRANT. I HAD THEM LEAVE A MESSAGE ON MY HOME PHONE (WHICH IS UNLISTED) AND THEY LEFT THE MESSAGE WITH ME TO CONTACT A "JANICE" SO AND SO, THEN I CALLED AND THE PERSON THAT I ASK FOR WAS SUPPOSEDLY ON THE PHONE BUT THE NAME SHE ANSWERED WITH WAS "JAMIE" SO AND SO...WELL, LONG STORY SHORT, THEY AS WELL HAD MY ROUTING NUMBER AND CHECKING ACCOUNT NUMBER WHICH I NEVER GIVE OUT...SCARED ME SO BAD THAT I HUNG UP AS THEY WANTED PERMISSION TO PUT THIS MONEY INTO MY ACCOUNT, BUT I CONTACTED THE PERSON I DEAL WITH AT THE BANK AND ADVISED HER TO CLOSE THE ACCOUNT IMMEDIATELY AND TOLD HER THE REASON...SCAMMERS I HATE.

• Vk
      Mar 31, 2010

I seriously don't understand how these people go to sleep at night with a clear concience. Just imagine how many letters that probably were returned to them with the $20 and that is what keeps them in business. It makes me sick as they target people that seriously have to manage every dime that goes in and out of their home...like me, I am disabled and on limitd income. But I know they can't catch them all, we just need to be smart enough to tell all that we know that this is CRAP, PURE CRAP and educate others to do the same, IGNORE AND DO NOT SEND MONEY, BUT PLEASE COMPLAIN ABOUT THESE SICK AND THIEVING INDIVDUALS. THAT HELPS IN GETTING THE WORD OUT. IF IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE THEM IT IS...YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY ON THE FRONT END OF WINNING MONEY UNLESS YOU CHOSE TO, YOU DO HOWEVER HAVE TO PAY TAXES ON ANY WINNINGS.

• Fi
      Apr 18, 2010

Is just a shame that they can get away with all this, I bet they make millions n people like us who are just looking for an apportunity to excell. Real nice and commited to our family and never bother no one, I tell you I dont know how to get to thi scompany but I assure you if I ever get rich I will sue them for all they got I say this because, they say you have to have money to make money, now I am very careful who I give my account number or credit card number too. I learned my lesson

• Na
      Apr 19, 2010

I received a letter & "Official Document" that I had won $2, 500, 000.00c guaranteed. The letter included an exclusive I.D. #. The signature @ the letter's bottom is Carol Walker Corporate Compliance Officier. A $20 processinf & report fee is required . A return envelope is included. To be sent to International Awards Advisors, Notification & Disbursements Department, P.O. Box 8050-Huntington Station, NY [protected].

• Za
      May 11, 2010
    International Award Advisors - this is bull crap!!!!
    international award advisors
    ftoglethorpe
    Georgia

i received an award account notification saying that i won 2.5 mill and they also asked that i included $20 for a processing fee...i think thaT if i really did win that much money they would take the $20 out of my winnings...but i feel sorry for people that actually fall for this. IF YOU READ CAREFULLY IT STATES "RETURN THE MONEY AND PRIZE ELIGIBILITY DOCUMENT" ...THE WORD ELIGIBILITY IS THEY KEY WORD, THIS IS HOW THESE SCAMMERS GET AWAY WITH SENDING THIS OUT...THE LETTER IS STATING THAT YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO WILL...NOT THAT YOUR AN ACTUAL WINNER!!! i just wonder if there has been a winner out of the people that actually sent in the money and therefor they were eligible and they won?????
    BUT ALL IN ALL THIS IS SCAM...BOTTOM LINE!!!

• Pa
      May 12, 2010

Becareful these scammers are so good.

If it sounds too good to be true it probably is.