Intercargo/freight forwarding / Lack of service

1 London, England, Greater London, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: 01908312322

Intercargo charged our credit card and then, despite promises to pick up packages, failed to pick them up. After numerous telephone conversations and more promises the whole company started to look like a scam so we cancelled the payment with our credit card company. The company did not return calls and did not communicate with us in a responsible manner. Do business with these people at your own risk. Do not make cash payments. If the parcels have been picked up there does not seem to be any way to track them.

An

Comments

• Br
      22nd of Oct, 2009

I inadvertently left my carry on bag in the UK and a friend used Inter-Cargo to ship it back to me. It contained my lap top, a Bose headset, my IPOD and my portable Sat Nav. While in their custody they "lost" the bag and after many frantic phone calls they "rediscovered" my bag. They then sent it on to the US and when it arrived I discovered it was the wrong bag. Someone (an employee of Inter-Cargo) had sent a bag full of old journals, a fraudulent act. Needless to say I am trying to find out what happened although it is clear that my bag was stolen by an employee. What is also puzzling is that I cannot find any information on Inter-Cargo and am stone walled when I try to contact whoever is the head of customer service. Not only are they an incompetent organization I wonder if they are a front for some illegal activity.

• Ra
      27th of Oct, 2009

we too are having a bad experience with Intercargo. We are trying to ship out some personal items to Niger where we work. The parcels were collected from our UK home as arranged but now it is impossible to get a straight answer out of them as to when the parcels will arrive. They said 7-10 days it has now been a month and we still have no details of how or when the parcels will be shipped. We have already paid in full and I am beginning to wonder whether we will lose our money and our personal belongings!!! I will never use this company again. I have just complained to BIFA so we'll see what they say...

• Ca
      6th of Jan, 2010

I had exactly the same problem with them. I already submitted a complaint here with the details.

• Ca
      1st of Dec, 2010

WHICH Intercargo are we talking about, because there are quite a few Intercargo's out there. The one that is pretty decent are Intercargo.co.uk NOT Inter-cargo

• Tr
      4th of Apr, 2011

Intercargo.co.uk is really a disappointment and crap service. I sent two boxes from the UK to Vietnam (17Jan) and only received one so far (18 Feb). And until now (4 April), I haven't heard anything about the missing box, which contains all my valuable books I have collected in the UK (26 kg). I emailed them, called them but all I have received so far is just their ignorance. The receptionist doesn't put through to their manager since she knows I want to ask about the missing cargo. I sent them the claim form almost a month ago, but have heard nothing! I'm contacting BIFA now regarding my case and ask for compensation and just request for an investigation result. Imagine you sent your things home and half of them lost just because of the unreliable shipping service. Too much frustrated and please stay away from Intercargo.co.uk if you don't want to lose your shipping because of a silly choice!

• Je
      5th of Jul, 2011

i sent 3 x 30kilo bags to thailand from UK, it contained my x girlfriends stuff, took 2weeks, when through customers ther said its £600 tax, dont know who scaming who now, customs, my x or intercago, well i didnt send any money to clear the stuff, and there is no way to know from intercago, if goods were collected or not. what a company, never use them, today is 5th jully 2011

• Fr
      14th of Oct, 2011

my wife sent some personal stuff from kettering in the UK to South Africa, they came home to pick it up as promised and up till now we are yet to receive the luggage since the 30 Sept 2011. They promised 7-10 working days. What a waste of time. I was told they percel have not left the UK what a scam