Interactive Brands / quad-cleaner

1 TX, United States Review updated:

Quad-Cleaner is actually a "Rogue" software. Rogue programs inform you to have problems in your computer, which don't even actually exists. They are made to scam money. When the software is bought, they will either do nothing (Actually, the software does nothing), or they will make the software pretend to do something about these "virtual non-existant problems". Sorry, but you have been scammed. :/

I found an ad on Kongregate.com too about this one. I used a Firefox Add-on called WOT (Also known as MyWOT or Web of Trust) to check it's reputation, and bingo. It was showing orange light, which means bad reputation. It's really helpful. You should also get it already if you don't have one.

-Juze

PS: I found this complaint with Google. The ad on Kongregate was actually from Google, so Google failed. :D

Ju

Comments

• Li
      19th of Oct, 2008
    Interactive Brands - They keep calling me
    Interactive Brands
    Qu├ębec
    Canada
    Phone: 807-614-5845

Someone from your phone number 807-614-5845 keeps calling my number and won't talk, please stop this practice!

• Wa
      16th of Apr, 2009

I was told the charge would be $19.95. It was more than $72.00. They are ripoff artists. My computer need some help and they capitalized on my gullibility.

• Mi
      21st of May, 2009

same thing happened to me! i should have listened to you guys! i will listen-up from now on. thanks much! LittleCrow

22nd of May, 2009

Hey bud, I spend a lot of time researching the net about unethical companies on the net. They don't have the best reputation online. Nevertheless, I have to admit that i had bought from them Avast professional. They are a true reseller for Avast. My experience was good.
    I tried their QUAD registry cleaner, not bought it yet, however, their scan seems credible and is not a "rogue" software.
    I also contacted their customer service for QUAD questions and they were in a "selling" mode but answered all of my questions.
    theytold me that any question could be addressed to them directly. Maybe if you were overcharged you should try to reach them.
    Here's the number I used 1-888-448-6882, absolutely Free.
    I hope it will work for you.
    Jason

• Su

STAY AWAY FROM QUAD REGISTRY CLEANER

The program will erase your hard drive.

The "uninstall" program does a DELTREE.

Instead of simply deleting the three files it installs, it amazingly does a DELTREE on the entire directory.

If you dont use the "default" location, it does not create a subfolder for itself. So... in my case it the three program files were installed at the ROOT of "program files" .

When I "uninstalled" I watched helplessly as it began a DELTREE of "program files" deleting ALL MY PROGRAMS. There was NO "cancel" button. I finally realize that I could remove the battery on my laptop, but most of my programs were already gone.

I called them... and they have the rudest, most incompetent people in the world. They insisted that the program would not delete anything from my computer, unless I "registered" it. They were rude and clueless.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS THING!
    STAY AWAY
    STAY AWAY

• We
      30th of Jun, 2009

This comment is totally false and tries to scare users. Suex, you should be banned from this site. You are lying through your teeth. QUAD registry cleaner creates a directory called "QUAD Utilities" as a sub-directory within the "Program Files" directory. In the QUAD Utilities directory, QUAD registry Cleaner creates a directory for itself. So, safe and easy to uninstall with the scary thoughts that you are pretending. If you would be a real blogger, you would not do ### like that!
    I hate to do that, but I have to proof to the world that you are lying; you will see attached the screenshot of the directories creeated by QUAD.
    But, if you are a real customer, than contact the QUAD team for some help or a refund (within 30 days or purchase); you will see... they are good and competent; nothing like you said. Details (Phone #) attached as well!
    Cheers.

• Su

HaHa.. Imagine that...

3 hours after I email the software company and tell them about my report to complaintbords.com... a new user named "web-genie" joins and makes a rebuttal to my report.

This should show how they operate...

5th of Jul, 2009

Hey bud,
    I think you should post facts and proofs rather than trying to destroy company's reputation and valuable post from other users.
    I let me to think that you are revengeful rather to helping other users.

• Jz
      6th of Jul, 2009

I agree that Quad-Cleaner is actually a "Rogue" software and their sellers are very untrustworthy. The free application informed me that my Registry had more than 2.000 problems. Obviously I did not believe it, but I suspected that it had created some problems to force me to buy the ID license to activate the cleaning. Fortunately the ID license did not work, therefore I did not harm any more my registry. I wrote to them and because they were not disposed to honour their refund policy I denounced them to VISA and I hope that they will not obtain a dime from me. I hope that VISA will do something about these fellows.

• Ri
      15th of Aug, 2009

This is a trojan. It almost infected my computer from a site dealing with outboards! The link was false and I did not notice the address was different to the one suggested until a second after the link was pressed. I nuked it immediately but it has already pissed me right off by. It is an incomplete install so rogue remover and hijack this here I come. The sites and companies have been reported to every professional site as malicious I have ever been near including high level Gov. sites in US, Can, Aus, France and UK.

I am now getting email messages from this bunch of thieving pus suckers.

Note that it thanks me for downloading something - which I would never do, and tries to suggest below that it is just an advertisement :-

We want to thank you for downloading QUAD Registry Cleaner. We have an exclusive offer for you, one that will allow you to analyze your PC and clean your Windows Registry! Activate QUAD today and save 40% on the regular price. This exclusive offer is available for a limited time only, so act now to get your computer running at its original speed.

$39.95AUD

40% Discount

Activate
    Now!
    Regular Price $69.95 AUD

Analyse & Repair your PC with QUAD Registry Cleaner

QUAD repairs, removes and improves:

* Slow PC speeds
    * Associations with invalid files

The advantages of using QUAD:

* Accelerate your PC
    * Faster Windows boot time
    * Improve the stability of your desktop
    * Eliminate blue screens
    * Simple and intuitive interface
    * Automatic backup system
    * FREE automatic updates
    * And much more!

New Email Market Update | Unsubscribe | Abuse | Privacy Policy

This email was sent to ***********************************, if you are not interested in receiving further advertisement from this publisher, please click the Unsubscribe above, or send mail to: Interactive Brands Inc. - PO Box 178 - St-Laurent, Quebec H4L 4V5 Canada

This is the unsubscribe link -

http://www.newemailmarket.com/emailcollector/default.aspx Ha bloody Ha.

No need to hurt the reputation of bottom feeders - they are absolutely not legit - if you are for real you don't have to lie and write virus type code just to get your produce (payload!) on to someone's computer.

So the end result?

Stay away from this SCAM!!

29th of Aug, 2009

Are these ratings true or what?
    What about this one?
    Why experts have tested their application and it did work?
    Please help, I'm confused here.

• Cu
      29th of Aug, 2009

I am sorry. For your troubles I am going send you a 2010 Honda Civic.

• Fi
      9th of Apr, 2010

I work for this company and everything ive read above is completely wrong. I can tell when people have a serious lack of intelligence.

If you got billed too much for something why would you send an email? I would call right away especially since we have a free international 1800 number. We have business hours that are posted on all our sites. Use your head and learn how to use computers before you tarnish the name of a legitimate business.

• Ju
      10th of Apr, 2010

Duh, I think I'm going to end this once for all.

I was one of the very first people who answered. This is 1 year old, and you should all just go away. Before doing that, read this:

Rated red, stay away, don't complain, 24 phishing ratings and listed on clone-programs. Also contains malware.

McAfee SiteAdvisor fails, but read the comments anyway:

The awards are fake, like on other rogue programs. They will scam your money, so don't even try. Of course they will be fighting back; they want your money. And I will be also fighting against these. Install WOT to your Firefox (Google them), be safe, now I'm off. Ffs.

• Ze
      23rd of Jan, 2013

In response to Mr. "web-genie, "

I have to say, for someone whom doesn't even know "suex's" situation personally, you seem to promote yourself as an expert on many presumptuous variables of which, you may not even know.

Sure, maybe "suex" is a little misinformed about the directories issue to which you refer but at the same time you are, none the less, playing just as many guessing games as "suex."

I'm quite experienced with software and have dealt with plenty of my share of rogue "crap-ware, " especially in the form of registry-cleaners, from many so-called "legit" companies such as "Zookaware, " for example, of whom I had the pleasure of being one of their many victims of fraudulent charges. They initially promoted all the "Bells & Whistles" with their "Reg-Zooka" product but in the end only caused me one headache after another, including hitting me with an unauthorized charge to my bank account for $30 an entire year and a half after I closed my account with them and subsequently got a refund (again, just another one of those little red-flags which most consumers don't realize until its already too late). And I've got the bank statement to prove their unethical business practices. The fact that they refunded the unauthorized charges to my account is a blatant admission of guilt alone, never mind the rest of their shady enterprise, namely the fact that it took me countless hours of scouring the internet to find a measly customer service number that doesn't even exist on their main site...I'm just so glad that nightmare is over.

If more & more consumers become aware of the level of impropriety and meretricious behavior that obviously exists in this market of cut-throat scammers & companies that think they can get away with murder, so to speak, because there are simply not enough laws and oversight already in place to protect consumers, then so be it. WE ARE BETTER OFF WITHOUT THEM!!!

I think its about time and well overdue that these companies should be held to a much higher standard of conduct and most certainly should be held accountable when there is cause for concern.

"Suex" is not the first, and until the laws change in favor of the consumer, certainly will not be the last victim of this inherently pervasive problem that isn't going to go away simply because of a few comments from a couple of nay-Sayers, whom would rather detract attention away from the underlying issues with a callow statement than to actually encourage rational solutions as well as greater responsibility and accountability from the companies that create these products in the first place.

And lets not forget about the the fact that, less than two years ago it was discovered by SC Magazine that the "Solaria" Fund was a front for "Daniel Assouline" and "Michael Dadoun, " those behind UpClick and Interactive Brands, which was used to acquire "Lavasoft."

Sorry but the verdict on reg cleaners thus far, is still far from being favorable, to say the least.