Intellus / unauthorized chages on credit card

1 Seattle, WA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877-974-1563

I used their services to find a phone number of an individual that i had lost contact with. In doing so I gave them my credit card number--using that number they enrolled me in some ID protection service for 19.95 a month--my card was charged in May and again in June.. I have disputed the charges through my credit card company and also gone to their website and suspended my enrollment in their ### service. There are lots of complaints against them.

More Intellus Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• La
      3rd of Dec, 2008
    Intellus - Didn't receive info or refund
    Intellus
    California
    intellus.com

I paid $19.95 for a criminal search of the records and never received it or an acknowledge of my order although my credit card was charged. Emails to their customer service site were not answered and I was never contacted. BIG RIPOFF!!

• Ho
      22nd of Jul, 2009

WARNING!!! Intelius is selling people's personal information, including your credit card numbers. BE CAREFUL WITH WHOM YOU DEAL! In May 2008, I used Intelius and by June fraudulent charges were being made on one of my cards. As soon as I closed it down, fraudulent charges began on another of my cards. I closed everything down. All fraudulent charges were routed through Great Brittian, but ultimately began in North Africa.My credit card company's Fraud Unit told me that credit card numbers are sold on the black market of the internet. Unscrupulous companies, like Intelius, need to be shut down.

• Ar
      11th of Aug, 2009

These are very bad people. If you get involved, even to a minor degree, you are going to suffer unbelievable grief. STAY AWAY AT YOUR PERIL! This outfit is a blood-sucking maggot "firm" that has no scruples or sense of right or wrong. This is flat-out a preverted, no good pus sucking outfit that the Federal Government should be after big-time. How the hell are they able to continue to operate and screw people over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, ad naseum. DO NOT PATRONIZE THIS SITE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. If you choose to do so, ask the Pope to say 5 "hail marries" for you. You're gonna need all the help you can muster up!!!

• Ar
      11th of Aug, 2009

When you hear/read of internet "ripoffs", think Intellius. Unbelievable ripoff, mother###ing, ###s, that if I were king, I would hunt down and eliminate without prejudice. Where are the green berets and/or the seals when America really needs their services. NOT overseas, but right here in the US, eliminating social firms such as Intellius from the ripoff hall-of-fame.

• Tr
      13th of Aug, 2009

I ordered a account with Intellus and I cannot access my account.

• Ki
      28th of Aug, 2009
    Intellus - Unauthorized charge
    Intellus
    Washington

I have a charge, I believe it will be a recurring monthly charge, of 19.95 on my credit card. I would like it removed. I tried to contact the company, the address is blocked.

What can I do?

Best,

Kim Devlin-Brytz

• It
      21st of Oct, 2009
    Intellus - Poor information and multiple billing
    Washington
    intellus.com

Dont get taken from this company. The database that they are using is out of date and they will bill you once you have signed up. Your better off doing the research yourself and using other background checks. Save your money

• 1o
      1st of Dec, 2009

Once again, I have been victimized by these scumsucking tactics. Just because I was trying to locate relatives when my mother-in-law was dying, these crooked misanthropes. I am retired, on a fixed income; I don't need this kind of crap. I am having a hard enough time making it financially, without opportunistic criminals like this. I will be contacting the Federal Trade Commission, the Better Business Bureau, & of course, have already talked with my credit card company. I have no intention of being another of your sources of steady income, you ###!

Jane Songer, Wichita, Kansas

• Co
      5th of Apr, 2011
    Intellus - unauthorized debits from account
    intellus
    Brooklyn
    New York

INT*INTELIUS SB 877-974- 03/10INT*INTEL $19.95
    unauthorized debit from my account!!! what can be done about this? help!!!

• Sc
      19th of Jun, 2011

cant find a way to cancel service