Intellitus / Their website is designed deceptively

1 United States

Intellitus is a company that provides background checks, address, phone number, and public records for a large portion of US citizens. I used their service to try to find a person i had lost contact with, to clear up a small claims issue.

Their website is designed deceptively enough that when you search for a name, you get lots of hits for that name. However, there is no real way to know if these people are the same unless you purchase a 49.99 background check.

I was convinced from my search results that i had the person i was looking for, when i purchased the report i was disappointed to find that these were in fact, not the same people. (although they had the same name, lived in the same city, etc.)

Realizing that i had wasted 49.99 for a report on the wrong person and realizing that Intellitus didnt even HAVE the right person, i emailed their customer service in hopes of a refund.

The declined to refund my money, citing terms of service that state "all sales final" type of thing.

I feel like i was swindled out of my cash, as their website's search feature seems to be designed to make you think they have information they dont.

Just another online pseudo-legitimate company with yet more questionable practices. It will be a long time before i whip out my debit card for some product online again.

Ha