Intellis / Unauthorized debit card charges!

FL, United States Review updated:
4.35
I used Intellis to purchase some information and got nailed by a company called 24 protect plus for an unauthorized $14.95 I sent Intellis an E-mail asking them if they were in on the scam and to inform them that if they did not apologize for allowing 24 Protect plus access to my Debit card info and to send me proof that Intellis had terminated their association with 24 Protect plus that I would submit my story to several Internet scam sites. I never got a response from Intellis so as far as I am concerned Intellis is also a scam.

Comments

Em
  20th of Jun, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
When you say "purchase some information" do you mean e-mail addresses for the purposes of spamming people? Because if so... not saying you got what you deserved, but, yeah.
Ja
  29th of Jul, 2008
I also got 3 charges from them for $19.95 each and they said I accepted a $10 cash refund (which I have yet got but never even clicked on that when my total was $7.90 for a ONE TIME LOOK UP) and by doing so I agreed to their montly charges, I got the thing cancelled but now I am fighting to get back my money.

I will go along with a class action lawsuit with anyone on this, they need to be stopped.
Jo
  2nd of Nov, 2008
I was on your site and thought I made a purchase for $6+ and the next thing I find a debit to my credit card of $19.95 which I did not want a year's subscription

This was on 8/27/08 and I wish to cancell this service so what do I need to do?
Kr
  29th of Jan, 2009
I WAS ALSO TAKEN BY THESE PEOPLE AND HIT FOR$35 AND CANT EVEN GET ON THE WEBSIGHT TO FIND MY DAUGHTER
Cm
  26th of Mar, 2009
I also was charged 2 times by 24 protect plus, and demanded my money back!!!
Pa
  2nd of Jul, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
YES, I AGREE WITH ALL OF YOU. THEY WORK THE SAME SCAM WITH EVERYONE THEY THINK THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH IT OR WILL JUST GIVE UP THE DEMAND FOR REFUND.
I REPORTED THEM TO THE FCC. I SUGGEST YOU ALL DO THE SAME. THE FCC ACTUALLY EVEN FOLLOWED UP AND CONTACTED ME BY PHONE. OF COURSE BY THEN, INTELLIS HAD TAKEN ME SERIOUS AND REFUNDED ALL MY MONEY TO ME.
THE SCAM: THEY LEAD YOU TO BELIEVE THAT YOU CAN GET A REPORT VERY CHEAP. THEN THEY BILL YOU FOR $30, $40 OR $50 OR MORE. WHEN YOU TRY TO CALL THEM, WELL AT LEAST WHEN I CALLED, TWICE, I GOT "THIS NUMBER IS NOT IN SERVICE".
SO THEY PREVENT YOU FROM SPEAKING WITH THEM. I ALSO MADE A REPORT TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU. IF FCC GETS ENOUGH COMPLAINTS, THEY WILL INVESTIGATE THEM AND SHUT THEM DOWN. THIS IS IMPORTANT MY FELLOW VICTIMS!
El
  4th of Aug, 2009

Intellis - unauthorized debit card charge
ID Protect Monitoring Service

After a 95 cent intellis search for an ex schoolmate, I was charged $24.95 for membership in "24 Pro Plus" credit monitoring service. I disputed this charge and the money was refunded a week later. Three days after the refund, another intellis company "ID Protect Monitoring Service" charged me $19.95 without authorization. I tried to contact them, but upon selection of the appropriate menu item, the line goes dead. Intellis is a rip-off organization and the managers should be in jail.
Fi
  11th of Aug, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I also agree with everybody here. As Paula said they run the same scam on everyone. Intellis is bascially a scam website and needs to be shut down by the FCC. They are conducting illegal and unauthorized credit card charges on anyone that signs up for their services. They are a info service and it's not worth it signing up with them no matter what info you need. They also have another side scam company called www.Valuemax123.com that will also conduct illegal unauthorized debit card charges on top of Intellis . They will charge you $19.95 or more every month of unauthorized debit charges. DO NOT SIGN UP OR GIVE YOUR CC # WITH THESE PEOPLE YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!! Contact the FCC or BBB to make sure these people are shut down immediately. Enough complaints and these crooks will be shut down and sent to hard time in prison!!
Ph
  17th of Aug, 2009
I used Intelius to try to find a phone number for a relative I'd been out of touch with for years. The search was something like 99 cents. But they (actually something called Identity Protect) subsequently charged my credit card $19.95 per month until I noticed the charge 4 months later. My bank says I can stop payment on future transactions they try to make, but in order to get back any money I've already paid them, I'll have to file a dispute and change my debit card number (a pain because I have a number of legitimate automatic debits tied to this card)! I called the company (877-974-1563) - the first time I was cut off and the second time I had to wait a half hour until I got to a live person. She told me that the 99 cents was a promotional rate (instead of $4.99) and with the promotion, I had agreed to sign up for Identity Protect. She stated that I would have to have gone through 4 confirmation pages in order to agree to the coverage and get my report. I honestly don't recall this process and certainly wouldn't have knowingly authorized a $19.99 debit monthly for something I wasn't going to use. I checked the confirmation emails I received from the company and they do, indeed, mention that I'd signed up for Identity Protect, but don't mention a fee. So partly my bad, for not reading the fine print and paying attention to my email confirmation. But they do set it up in a way that it's easy to ignore the fine print (in my opinion). Finally, the operator I spoke with did refund 2 of my 4 payments - which essentially means that I've learned at $40 lesson to read fine print and carefully inspect all confirmation emails.
Pa
  19th of Sep, 2009

Intellis - credit card fraud
MVQValMax
Connecticut

Intellis sold my credit card number info to a company called MQV ValMAX.

After 9 phone calls they will not issue credit and continue charge my card.WhenI asked them where they got my info from they said Intellis who denies selling the info Who do you believe.
Ma
  19th of Sep, 2009
plz stop this non-sense
Hw
  21st of Sep, 2009

Intellis - fraudulent charges for idprotect
intellis
Washington

Intellis is somehow connected to fraudulent charges to my credit card for a service called Int idprotect. Thus far I have been charged four monthly fees which total over $80. My bank has been slow in investigating the charges. I'm left to try to fix this.
Au
  22nd of Nov, 2009
I was also charged $ 19.95 for 3 consecutive months after agreeing to only a $0.99 one time charge on my charge card. I sent a complaint to them (Intellis) and to my charge card company to challenge the charges. I did have two removed, but it took much effort on my part.

Joan
Austin, TX
Sh
  24th of Jan, 2010
Please note there is a web site called "[redacted]". Check out this site before you buy anything on line or in person for that matter. I also learned the hard way to read the fine print on everything !!! 01/24-2010 Also file all your complaints with this site as well. /link removed/
Du
  10th of May, 2010
I have now joined you guys in being a victim of this scam. Luckily I found this site before I called Intellis to get a refund. It was hard to get through to a live person. When I did I was very demanding on what I wanted. I told her from the start that I did not agree to the terms, I know that what they are doing is a scam, and I have a full page of previous situations to prove it. She stopped my future payment right away but said that she could not refund the $19.95 because I agreed to the terms of the monthly charges. I told her that I did not want this service nor did I ever, I simply looked up an old friend so why would I think to check that I was going to get an identity watch monthly service. A company cannot link one product to another, poorly mark the terms and conditions and then hold people accountable. I then reminded her of the information on this page and that they have already been reported to the FCC and the BBB and that I was not here to negotiate. I wanted my refund. She put me on hold for a short time, when she came back she that a manager had authorized a $19.95 refund that will apply in 7 to 10 days and that all ties between me and Intellis have been ended. We will see if they stick to their promise.
Ma
  20th of May, 2011
I use the service often for the .99 cent charge. However it is a fight evry time I do so.
Marshall Gross Tiburon CA
Am
  10th of Jan, 2012

Intellis - fraudulant billing
Brewster
New York

I got duped into $60.00 of payments for a $1.95 service. I have been trying to reach you by phone but I've been put on hold for 51 minutes then cut off. I want to cancel my membership NOW.