[Resolved] Intelius / unauthorized subscription

1 WA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-877-974-1563

My name is Patricia Ammon. I was charged for subscribing to your company when I did not. My name is the only name on the bank account used and I did not sign up! Please return the $19.95 in my account and take me off your list. If ever my name appears again, it will not be me and don't put me on again.Thank you for your cooperation with this matter.

Sincerely,
Patricia Ammon

Resolution statement

Intelius Customer Care's Response, Oct 16, 2009

It sounds like you have also accepted a third party company’s offer that is advertised on the Intelius website. If you no longer wish to be enrolled in that third party company’s service, please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Bu

Comments

Na
  22nd of Sep, 2008

INTELIUS SUBSCRIPTION 877-974-1563 WA
Was on my account, I never subscribed to your serivce. Please reverse charges and remove me from your database. A dispute has been opened with my CC company.

Mi
  2nd of Oct, 2008

De
  19th of Nov, 2008

I was also tricked by the Intellius Subscription service. I looked up one name for a 99c special deal, thought I read the fine print carefully to make sure I wasn't signing up for any additional charges, but then found monthly charges from Intellius for $19.95. Unfortunately, I didn't realize what it was until now, the day before the 3rd charge would have gone onto my credit card. My credit card company told me they could not dispute the charges because it was a recurring charge. The Intellius people cancelled my charge for tomorrow and told me that was all they could do. I asked to speak to a supervisor and the person came back on the phone and said their supervisor had cancelled the charge from a month ago. So I still paid the $19.95 charge from Sept 08, but got $40 dropped/stopped. My opinion? Intellius must make millions of dollars this way from unsuspecting people!!

Le
  24th of Nov, 2008

on November8, 2008 you charged my American Expres cards an amount of $75.80 for a "subscribtion and membership fee" that was not called for and never authorized by me. Kindly issue a credit for this amount at once.
I am certain that this was an error on your partr.

Thank you, Lee P. Merel

Sy
  7th of Feb, 2009

My name is Sydney Mitosinka. I was charged by Intelius for $19.95 a month for a subscription that I did not want. It has been taken out of my bank account now two months in a row without permission. I am very upset about this and I am going to contact the BBB to see if there could be some ramification for this. I have tried to contact Intelius by phone but only remained on hold for about thirty minutes without speaking to anyone. I expect them to discontinue this unauthorized use of my debit card and return the two payments they have deducted from my bank account.

Lo
  5th of Jun, 2009

They too tryed to charge a Walmart visa card that I had for my daughter to use, got lucky cause they couldn't get the charge, my daughter use it for her graduation and run it down to to $11.00 and the Intellius company was declined and sent me email to add funds in the account so the Intellius subscription could be up to date, go figure, my daughter did a .99 check on a phone # that kept bugging her and Intellius wanted to hook her up with a monthly charge as well, I canceled the card cause there like leeches, you can't get them off you. Had trouble with them a couple years ago (got me for 2 months) finally got them off the card with no pay back but noticed a few months later they started charging again, so if you get them to stop charging and don't cancel your card, keep an eye on it cause when your not looking they'll get you again without your permission, there theives man, leeches, sponges.
Larry