[Resolved] Intelius, Inc / possible fraudulent charges

5 9991 E Country Shadow Dr, Tucson, AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 520-762-9125

In January 2007, I ordered a background check on myself and my credit card was charged $117.45. Two days ago, I received TWO emails from Intelius that my "recent" background check report was available for viewing for 30 days. I went into Intelius and looked at my account, and it showed one report in 2007, and my credit card information for a card that was closed in September 2008. I contacted Intelius and "Stephan" did not know why I was sent the email (yeah right) and I have no recent charges to my account. I have filed a "phishing" complaint with the Attorney General and Better Business Bureau, as well as contacting the credit card (closed in September 2008) company about my concern for unauthorized charges. I would steer away from these people. This type of "phishing" should be prosecuted. I believe they were trying to get updated credit card information and/or zapping me for another $117.45 charge.

• Resolution statement

• Intelius Customer Care's Response, Oct 15, 2009

Intelius customers come to our website and input their account information by choice, we do not phish for information.

If you require additional assistance, please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Go

Comments

• Sc
      14th of Oct, 2009

Intelius does not Phish for any information. They purchase their information from public record sources and sell exactly what they purchase.