[Resolved] Intelius Identity Protect / intelius

Intelius is conducting a massive fraud. I used their service one time to find a high school friend, which cost me $2.95. However they started billing 19.95 a month for their Intelius Identity Protect subscription. Unfortunately I get a lot of junk mail, therefore I never noticed the cheerful email I got from Intelius regarding my subscription to their service, which I never subsribed to. Even in this email they never mention anywhere that there will be a monthly charge. Intelius is a total scam. The operators/owners of this company are basically conducting a systematic fraud of innocent consumers. I had written to Intelius in March regarding this matter, and I requested a full refund for all the charges made to my credit card. Unfortunately they have not even bothered to write back or even acknowledge that they got my mail. On their website there is no way you can cancel the service you never ordered from them. They don't even address the issue of closing your account in their FAQ section. I can;t believe the fact that these guys are getting away with this, despite the fact that they have duped thousands of people.

• Resolution statement

• Intelius Customer Care's Response, Aug 22, 2011

Please call 888-445-2727 Monday to Friday from 5am to 8pm and Saturday from 6am to 4:30pm. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.

Fa

Comments

• Ni
      1st of Dec, 2008
    Intelius Identity Protect - I didn't realize I was being charged

I had used your services to inquire about some information some months ago, but I did not realize that I get charged $19.95 every month since then. I spoke with my bank and was informed that I have been charged for the past 6 months and I feel that I should be refunded for something that I didn't know about or use

• Bs
      4th of Sep, 2009

They do give you a way to cancel on line. Add the word /manage after the website address. We need to put a stop to these crooks.

29th of Sep, 2009

I had the same problem. They sent an email saying my search had failed but later in the email they say I have a new service. Only when the billing starts do you see the 19.95 a month.

I called and said they can't start billing me based on an email as I never clicked anything that said I agreed to 19.95 a month.

They said they would cancel the order and I said that wasn't good enough I wanted a refund. They said it was non--refundable.

I told them I'd retract my recommendation of their services and dispute the bill with my credit card supplier. After a short spell with her supervisor they promised a refund.

This is NOT the way they should run a business in the security field.

• Co
      25th of Oct, 2009

Interesting that Intelius Customer Support shows up here with a smiley attitude and cheerful disposition, yet they are THEIVES.

There is NO WAY TO CANCEL your original service...

But you CAN resubmit bogus name, address, credit card info.

I thought it was hysterical that I could submit bogus credit card information, and they ACCEPTED IT.

9th of Jan, 2010

OK...What the..? I just discovered the billing charges after getting an email saying that they were protecting me from theft. Isn't THAT rich. I will call customer service and I will contact my bank. People, check your bank statements! The law is on your side.

17th of Feb, 2010

you are all a bunch of f*cking idiots who can not read. These sights use you cause your all dumber than a bag of sh*t.

• Mo
      1st of Mar, 2010

I did not know I signed up for protection please cancel!

• Mo
      1st of Mar, 2010

I did not realize that I signed up for monthly protection. Please cancal.

• Gi
      29th of Mar, 2010

To: mazdaman2009

Why did you sign up to comment on this site when you use language like that. This site needs to be monitored to get rid of people like you!!

10th of Apr, 2010

Please, don't post any more. Take that language to YouTube. Don't bring us down with your use of profanity. We know we got taken...maybe our fault. But you don't bring a solution.

10th of Apr, 2010

Solution: Called Intelius. Asked how I got on their program. They didn't know. I explaned to the rep that I believe they made a mistake but in good faith I would agree to pay one month and ask them to refund 11 months and cancel my membership. He talked to his supervisor and said that because of my suggestion they would be happy to refund 11 months. Next day I had 11 refund in my bank account. I was sure this was not the first call this rep had recieved. I was reasoned and respectful and he treated me in kind. I had thought out this game plan well before I called. Make no threats...these guys already hate their jobs and probably their company for putting them in fires way. They may take it out on you. This guy was one of the good ones.

• Gi
      10th of Apr, 2010

I received a full refund fromparent company of MVq Saveace and Intellius (Advanced Marketing). I sent a msg via their site and I received a response witin 24 hrs stating I would receive a refund of $125 and it showed up on my credit card stmt within a couple days.

• Fe
      22nd of Jun, 2011

Complete Fraudsters. I signed up for a weeks trial. I called in to have them cancel. The person on the line said that I have not even logged into my account and that I should atleast log in once. I said I dont want to, please cancel. He said he has. Today after 1 year, I get 1 email from them and I called them right back. They say it was never cancelled and that they had been charging me $20 every month.
    This time the guy too insists that I havent even logged in once. I said, cancel it and send me a confirmation email. He says, you will have to log into the account to see if it has been cancelled or not.
    I want to file charges . Any suggestions are desperately needed.
    Thanks

• Bi
      18th of Aug, 2011
    Intelius Identity Protect - Unauthorized charges

Used site for a one time charge of $2.99. Site said it was a one time charge, they are now charging me $19.95 a month. As soon as I used it the first time, I sent them an e-mail stating I did not need or want their service beyond that one time and to not make any further charges to my credit card. They have now charged me twice. How do I stop them?

• Bi
      18th of Aug, 2011

They are doing this to me too. I have never received an e-mail from them. I don't know how to log into or even the address of their site to complain or cancel. I want this monthly charge stopped, this is fraud! I was never told that I would be charged every month for a one time transaction!!

• Gr
      30th of Dec, 2011

Identity and Credit Protect COMPLETE Fraud.
    They will try to take your money even after you cancel!
    This is a scam. I had to search a few people in order to fill out a job application (government jobs need the last 10 years of everyone you have lived with, worked with, etc). I decided to take advantage of their "7 day trial" in order to finish my application.
    After I finished my searches I cancelled my account...so I thought.
    I followed their instructions and did as I was told. I received an e-mail of cancellation..
    Two days ago I was charged $19.95. I just called their customer service and was told that when you sign up, you are supposedly signed up for 3 other services!! And if you don't cancel all three, you will be charged $19.95 every month! WOW. I, still very calmly, said I was never notified of this multiple membership...not even by e-mail! And she told me that when you fill in your e-mail you give them the right to sign you up for all 3.
    In short, this is a scam. DO NOT sign up for ANY free trials. These are the sort of people that will ALWAYS have a gimic. DO NOT try 877-974-1563 Int* Intelius Sb (also known as Identity and Credit Protection).
    FRAUDS.

• Gr
      30th of Dec, 2011

877-974-1563 or Identity and Credit Protect COMPLETE Fraud.
    After I finished my searches I cancelled my account...so I thought.
    FRAUDS.

• Cr
      28th of Apr, 2012

This company is a complete scam, the people that work there DO know what they are doing, and they are taking advantage of businesses and individual persons. I did the OPPOSITE OF ALL THE ABOVE. I signed up for credit protection and monitoring, and fraud protection. I used to own a business 3 years ago, and recently needed to see if the business name was still listed in the online Yellow Pages (( which it was!) But on one of the sites, underneath the ad of my business name, there was a reference to my own personal name, saying go to Zoominfo.com for personal background info (paraprase)...by Intelius. I had NO IDEA I was signing up for a company that told me they were protecting my identity, and then giving away my personal information and identity info at the same time they were supposedly protecting it. After I gave them my social sec number etc, they use it against me! Do not sign up for this company anyone! cr123

• Cr
      28th of Apr, 2012

See above, this was my complaint, I just did not register yet.

• Da
      8th of Jul, 2012

Why would Intelius charge my credit card after they refused to accept it due to general decline prompted by its automated processing system. We all should take them down through legal action and that way the owners would be sent to jail for a very long time. Hence, it will serve as a deterrent factor to other similar companies who enjoy ripping their customers apart rather than keep to the norms.