[Resolved] Intelius / scam and fraud

1 CT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-211-9749

After running a $9.95 address/phone search (one time charge), i find six months later I've been paying $19.95 monthly for "home Protection services by Intellius." 1. shame on me for paying bills this carelessly. 2. This organization is all over the web with charges of fraud and somehow managing, in a smarmy fashion, to initiate this monthly billing.

I plan to dispute all these charges as "intentionally misleading and malicious 3rd party fraud." I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE who has had the same experience to DISPUTE the charges with your credit card company. Given these circumstances you stand an excellent chance of winning this dispute and Intellius refunding, or at least settling for reparation.

• Resolution statement

• Intelius Customer Care's Response, Dec 28, 2009

If you would like additional help, please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 10:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.

• Intelius Customer Care's Response, Aug 26, 2010

If you received a receipt via email the report would have been processed. You can close and reopen the browser, the report will be stored on the website to view for the next 45 days.

Please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 5am – 8pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.

• Intelius Customer Care's Response, Nov 17, 2010

I am sorry to hear that you were not able to find the information you were looking for. You can certainly contact the customer support team for assistance in locating that information.
    Please call 888-445-2727 Monday to Friday from 5am to 8pm and Saturday from 6am to 4:30pm. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.

• Intelius Customer Care's Response, Mar 15, 2011

Comments

• Gl
      27th of May, 2008
    Intellius - fraudulent charges

At first I thought "how ironic, a security type company linked to afraudent charge scam" but now after looking at the complaints from the AP9 24ProtectPlus company they are linked to I know that this is dirty, slimy, and CRIMINAL.

I purchased a one time person search from Intellius and now have been billed by AP9 24ProtectPlus in the amount of 14.95 per month for the last five months.

• Li
      17th of Jun, 2008
    Intellius - continuous billing
    Intellius

This company clearly does not want to be reached. Bought their services for a "one time Only" criminal background check. Finally had to cancel my bank card and pt charges in dispute as they contined to bill me $19.95 after repeated efforts by phone-which they seldom answer- and Email-goiod lck if yo can get them to stop billing. Do not employ heir services or yo willregret it-Linda McKinnon

• Bo
      8th of Jul, 2008

I too got defrauded by Intelius. I used their information services for a long period of time and as I was checking my credit card statement I noticed some unusual charges from companies I did not recognize. After a morning on the telephone to those companies I found that they were Intellius companies with revolving charges to my credit card. These companies were: 24ProtectPlus; PMIdentity; PrivacyMatter; and Valuemax. Again, be VERY careful if you use this company for ANY information.

• St
      9th of Jul, 2008

Again, see http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/05/29/naveen-jains-intelius-prepares-to-go-public-how-much-of-their-revenue-is-a-scam/

These guys are theifs! Stay away

• Ke
      22nd of Jul, 2008

Never use Intellius. I did and found that I was being billed $19.95 a month, on the credit card I had given Intellius, for a non-service from a company called PMIdentity I finally got the charges off my bill, but how many pay without noticing this charge ?

• Ed
      2nd of Sep, 2008
    Intellius - refund 19.95 for subscription

my name is edith m jackson i was charged 19.95 for a scription i did not order refund my credit card back please . thanks !

3rd of Sep, 2008

i would like my refund for this rightnow to straightend out my checking account and also want to cancel

3rd of Sep, 2008

when will i get my answer and where

• Sh
      18th of Sep, 2008

I too paid $4.95 for a telephone number search. The following week I was billed $19.95 for a subsciption to their services. I have sent them an email (phone was on hold forever) requesting a refund and visited them with a "shame on you" when your business is to protect consumers.

• Wi
      21st of Sep, 2008
    Intellius - not provide services promised
    California

They show details available and will be shown with payment. After payment (actually) additional $5 with no explanation - they gave the name and basic home infor which was the same for everyone on the list. I already had both names for the address. They then show that more info is available for $44 more. What a rip off - do not use this service.

• Li
      30th of Oct, 2008

I too have been charged 19.95 per month for allowing a .99 search on Intellius so that my grandson might try to find his biological father's phone number. During that quick transaction (we never found the phone number) we made no agreement to sign up for "protection services" for $19.95 per month, but this has been charged on my credit card ever since. When I called the phone number that appeared on one of the credit card charges, I was put on hold for extensive periods until I nearly gave up. Finally, I got through to someone whose only response was that it was my responsibility to check my credit card for any fraudulent charges and to contact my bank. After a 20 minute discussion, the phone operator hung up on me. How can these people get away with this with no prosecution?

• Ka
      13th of Nov, 2008

In June I contacted Intellius for a one time background check, they have been billing me an additional 19.95 per month. They indicated that I had signed up for a monthly subscription and have fraudulantly charged my credit card for 6 months. Can't get them to stop. My credit card company will no longer honor their billing charges.

• Ga
      22nd of Nov, 2008
    Intellius - unauthorized charge for "memberhsip"
    Bellevue
    Washington
    intellius.com

I posted several days ago that Intellius had been charging me for a "membership" which I did not purchase or agree to. I emailed their customer service with a demand for a refund. Fair's fair so I think it's necessary to post that Intellius responded in 2 business days that they were refunding the money and canceling the membership, which is exactly what I requested.

1st of Dec, 2008
    Intellius - unauthorized credit card charge
    Clearwater
    Florida
    Phone: 727-796-4113

I just received my Capital One credit card statement for period Oct 25 to Nov 24, 2008. There is a charge on Nov 4 for "Intellius Subscription 877-974-1563 WA" of $19.95 which I did not request or order or agree to. Tell me how to get this off of my credit card, and whether I should close this credit card immediately?
    Martha Lyons

• Ka
      16th of Jan, 2009
    Intellius - unauthorized purchase
    Intellius

They charged me $19.95 for some kind of Identity Protection, I don't have credit cards just my Visa debit I don't NEED or want this, I authorized one service for a flat $5.95 fee ONLY. I contacted them demanding my money back, that they are being reported to the BBB and Attorney General. I hope they go bankrupt!

• Tr
      18th of Jan, 2009
    Intellius - Unauthorized CC Charges
    Intelius.com

Intellius charged $19.95 to my credit card for a subscription that I do not want nor did I ask for it.

• Vi
      29th of Jan, 2009
    Intellius - Money Taken Without Authorization
    Vivian Bell

Money has been taken from my bank account in the amount of $19.95 and I was charged $43.95 because of this. I am furious because I have to pay for money that was not in the account at the time. My money needs to be put back into my account because I did not give permission for it to be removed. This is not the right way to do business.

• Es
      2nd of Apr, 2009

Did you get your money back?

• Pr
      28th of Apr, 2009
    Intellius - charging me for a subscription i didnt sign up for
    Intelius
    Intelius.com

I just ordered a phone number and about a week later i was subscribed to some identity theft thing for 19.95 per month. I did want to subscribe to this. Nor do I even remember being shown that i was subscribed to this. i did contact the company and cancel it out. However I do think this is a scam.

• Md
      28th of Apr, 2009
    Intellius - scam - charged my account
    mda
    Kentucky

Everyone who is scammed by this business needs to file a complaint with the FBI. It is interstate banking, thus falls under federal jurisdiction. They also gave my card number to a third party that we charging me. The link to file a complaint is:
    Don't be shy... this company is scamming untold thousands of people who are not looking closely at their accounts.
    Michael A.