[Resolved] Intelius / unauthorized charges on my account

I was charged by Intelius Peoplesearch $15.85 which I expected to pay, but also included on my American Express bill were charges of $69.90 and $19.95 for one month = $105.70. I paid this charge in order to not damage my credit record. Now this month
I received a bill for $19.95 again for membership which I never wanted or asked for. I want to be credited for the $69.90, $19.95 and $19.95 and taken out of your "so called" membership.

I expect action with 10 days or I will have my attorney contact you.

Holly Anderle

• Resolution statement

• Intelius Customer Care's Response, Oct 15, 2009

Please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.

Comments

28th of Oct, 2008

I've been charged 6 amounts by Intellius on my Kroger Master Card without permission since June 2008. I keep complaining to my credit card company about this trying to get all these charges off my credit card. I lost my job 3 months ago and I cannot keep getting these charges. Plus finance charges. This is ridiculous. The amounts are $49.95 (july 1), $4.95 (July 1), $19.95 (July 8), $19.95 (August 8), $19.95 (September 8), and $19.95 (October 8) for a total of $134.70. This has got to stop. If these charges are not removed from my credit card account, I will be contacting the State Attorney General's Office. I have been diagnosed with breast cancer and have been undergoing treatment for 10 months.

0 minutes ago by Anne Napier [send email]

0 minutes ago by Anne Napier [send email]

• Wi
      17th of May, 2009

This is confusing, are all the comments above directed to the company "Intelius" or "Intellius" It appears to me there are two different companies -- the one with the double L may be a scam using the similarity of name to the legit company to draw people in. Does anyone know for sure?

• Si
      27th of May, 2009

I guess that I am in the same boat as you guys. I never order a subscription, but paid the cheap .90 for a lookup when there was discount. Now I have been entered into a 9.90 subscription for protection, a subscription for 19.95 for intellius look up and 19.95 for background check. I dont own a business and dont need to do background checks. I have had 2 pays of 19.95 taken out of my banking account within 8 days. I have gone to the site to cancel the membership but isnt even a link to cancel. No one answers the telephone or responds! The only thing I can do is close my account. Like some of you I am recently unemployed and these charges are killing my small savings.

• Th
      10th of Jun, 2009

I was charged by Intelius 19.95 for 10 months which I NEVER authorized. I went to my bank to make out a fraud complaint against the company and found two other charges also 19.95 a month for 7 months by a company named Valuemax.I called Valuemax and they told me they got my card number from Intelius. Then the banker saw another charge by a company named Protectplus of 19.95 for 1 month. They told me Intelius gave them my numbers also.They said they would refund my full amount in 2 business days which they did. I also asked them to send me a confirmation email and they did. I tried to get Intelius on the phone. No answer.I made out a fraud complaint against them at my bank and I haven't heard from them or seen a penny of $200 they are trying to steal from me.So far it has been 4 days.I will post here to let you know when I suceed.So folks ALWAYS check your monthly bank statements.

• Vo
      23rd of Jun, 2010

File a complaint with the BBB, I got all my money back!