[Resolved] Intelius / mix up on charges

I waited to speak to customer relations of company so long, I went to sleep, was 20 minutes and did not get response.
I recalled and waited another 20 minutes and did not get a response.
I was charged $57.90 for a report for persons address and phone number. was led to believe that I could get current address and phone number, although I already had address of person. I was charged $19.95 for report I asked for, then either by my misunderstanding or wording by company I was charged $57.90 for report I did not need.
Please refund $57.90 on my credit card am/ex was charged on 06/01/08.
Dwayne goode dwanepharm@msn.com phone [protected] or [protected] conway, arkansas 72033

• Resolution statement

• Intelius Customer Care's Response, Oct 16, 2009

Please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you with your account.

Comments

• Ai
      16th of Jun, 2008

It's not really a complaint, I just want to UNSUSCRIBE the account. It's not what I'm looking for, so please close or cancel my suscription IMMEDIATELY.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

• Am
      2nd of Jul, 2008

NO complaint!!! PLEASE CANCEL MY SUSCRIPTION IMMEDIATELY!!

THANK YOU FOR THE HELP.

• Ne
      17th of Jul, 2008

Please unsubscribe the intelius subscription
    for 19.95. Its not what i wanted.
    thank you.

• Pa
      19th of Jul, 2008

cancel subscription and return $49.99 to my credit card account as you did not tell me anything that I needed to find out and as a whole your claims to being able to help people seem to be pretty bogus.

• Cl
      6th of Aug, 2008

please discontinue billing me for unwanted and outdated services...
    i will expect you to discontinue billing me as of 8-6-08...

if i happen to see a billing on this current billing cycle on my checking account i will hand this information over to the local
    fraud division at the police department ...

DO NOT BILL AGAIN !!!

sincerely
    Clayton D Parsons...

6th of Aug, 2008

We want all of our information removed from your sight . phone, address and relationship info
    under both names in bay city, mi immediately if we want it public we will make it public or sue you over the privacy act

• Aj
      10th of Aug, 2008

Intelius Revealed as a scam

It turns out that the facts are in and there is no question that Intelius is a scam. What they do is outright theft from consumers. For all of the details, see the excellent blog at: http://www.techcrunch.com/2008/05/29/naveen-jains-intelius-prepares-to-go-public-how-much-of-their-revenue-is-a-scam/

Many people on blogs and comments have said they felt that these guys at Intelius deserve to be in jail. Read the TechCrunch story and the various comments and decide for yourself. There are also numerous web site where consumers have complained about these guys.

• Th
      11th of Aug, 2008

I called less than 20 minutes, I received someone assisted me name Mark. He explained cancelled my subscription and refunded the money from previous charges. THIS IS NOT A SCAM. THIS SERVICE is trying to assist you to avoid bad situation. So please.

• Be
      13th of Aug, 2008

iwaslead to belive a demo charge of 9.95. no one said anything about being charged 19.95 this needs to be refunded immediatly and cancel my account as you have it set up so we cant . i want my money back now. and noone ever answers your damn phone, i have already called the better business bureau

• Te
      13th of Aug, 2008

I have made numerous attempts to contact intelius customer service over the phone only to be put on hold.
    Intelius is a joke, I paid $70 in attempts to locate someone. When I went to the next step which charged $49.95, I got no more information than with the $2.95 offer.
    I have been charged a total of $42.95 for subscription fees which I feel need to be refunded.

I am requesting this subscription be cancelled immediately... and please answer your phone calls, don't put people on hold for 20 minutes or longer.

• Wi
      15th of Aug, 2008

I was billed $49.95 for a Background Report on MYSELF. I am 85-years-old. They listed me as ages 90 and 48. I have tried over two months to get a refund. They keep e-mailing for me to call their number for help. I keep E-mailing that I have never out of a dozen calls at all hours of day or night been able to get thru. I ask SUPERVISORS to phone me. Zilch. I give up.
    I did get a reversal of a subscription charge of $19.95, which is advertised as FREE. I also had two other recurring monthly charges that I have no memory of authorizing. I finally got those cancelled.
    This outfit is far more trouble than it's worth. BUMMER! wfz

• Pi
      17th of Aug, 2008

I was charged 19.59 for something i didnt even order i want my money back and my Account Closed immiedietly

• Ro
      22nd of Aug, 2008

Please unsubscribe my subscibtion to intelius. I'm not aware I even subscibed to the service .
    Thank, you
    Robert Earl

• Nu
      2nd of Sep, 2008

sibrina stowe de fernandez SS:200582597DOB:03-13-69 previous address:1436 Dekalb Av.Publisher LaChic.Revista para mujeres.Order#14075441 Please:I cannot inf. regard. this person please help. Att.Nubia

• Mi
      9th of Sep, 2008

[ just got burned! Have tried to call and ofcorse no ansere.I want my money back.

10th of Sep, 2008

I demand a refund of the $19.95 immediately. I did NOT agree to this and I am in the process of reporting this sorry company to the better business bureau. I tried the one time $2.95 search. It turned nothing up and I did NOT want to proceed any further. Yet I was still charged without my permission. You people better get this fixed. Iwill make things very difficult for your worthless company if this stupid membership isn't canceled immediately and my $19.95 refunded to me.

• Je
      11th of Sep, 2008

I received an ubelievable report. I requested current address and was given one 50 years old. The 3 phone numbers submitted were as follows: 323.864.1841,
    847.864.1841 and 310.864.1841. I believe someone just wanted to fill the spaces. Please redo the report, check Evanston, Ill or Chicago, Ill. Search was for Jacqueline Duval LeBris. If a ridicul0us report like the first one is received I believe the BBB would like to fill up their file on Intellius. Please respond ASAP or refund my $9.94 (order #14111057

• Da
      11th of Sep, 2008

Please be advised that your service for me don't get the results at all that were expected of your service. I sent in for account #12644256 to be cancelled and it was not and my credit card was charged again with $14.95 I will notify American Express of this charge as I have a copy of what I sent to you. None of my two phone number address request were successful. Please see that it is cancelled this time. Thanks for your in this matter. David Haught Order #12644256

• Ca
      18th of Sep, 2008

I ALSO WAS TAKEN IN BY THEM.THEY ARE NOT HONEST.I WAS NOT ABLE TO GET THE INFOR.AND I WAS STILL CHARGE.

• De
      19th of Sep, 2008

I called twice thai week to make sure I was cancelled and no further charges would be made. I also contacted my bank on this matter so I will expect there will be NO FURTHER chargess! If there is I will take this to my lawer. THANK YOU.