Instaspa Hot Tub / 3 bad motors

1 16801 East Gale Avenue Unit ECity of Industry, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866) 916-8188

I purchased an Instaspa from Internet Pool Store for $1, 249.00. The motor quit working a little before 3 months. I contacted the seller and the manufacturer. No one wanted to do anything until I stopped the credit card payment. Finally after 3 months CSA US Corp (the manufacturer) sent me a replacement motor. The motor had an open place on the motor about 3 inches long. I have pics. I tried to contact CSA again and they wouldn’t answer phones or emails. It must not be a large organization; it certainly isn’t a professional organization. I then contacted the BBB and filed a complaint. After another month they reluctantly (only because of the BBB complaint) sent another replacement motor. On their website it gives a new motor 6 months warranty. I had purchased another hot tub in the meanwhile; I was tired of the CSA mess. I sat the motor in the garage and listed the spa for sale. Finally I got someone interested in the spa and it turns out that this motor also was not working. At this point the motor is 5 months old and they have ignored the situation. In order to sell the Instaspa another motor had to be purchased. I have asked nicely for a credit for the motor and once again they have avoided the issued. In 7 months times there were 3 motors that didn’t work. If the seller didn’t TELL them to send another motor and if the BBB complaint wasn’t filed they wouldn’t have done anything. They told the BBB that they had done more than there share, so I guess that means that their spas are good for 3 months. This company also sells swimming pools and air mattresses. You can go on their website and see them. Please don’t buy their products to show them that they need to make good products and to stand behind their products.

Comments

• Ji
      18th of Jun, 2009

We are very sorry for the difficulty Mrs. Talubee had. The first we heard of the problem was on 9/28/08, five and a half months after the purchase. The product has a warranty direct from the manufacturer and is clearly stated on the web site.

We have been selling Instaspas and have not heard of any complaints. If we get any other complaints on ones we have sold we will consider taking this product off our website.

- Jim from Internet Pool Store

• Sn
      4th of Nov, 2010

Can someone please take a picture of the wiring of the circuit board on the instaspa motor and send it to me. I have been trying to get a new circuit board from CSA and they do not answer the phone, or when they answer they say they will send one and never did. I have not been able to use my tub for 2 1/2 years now due to this,
    In the meantime I fixed the circuit board myself but lost the wiring diagram I made.
    Please can someone send me a photo via e-mail. I really want my hottub working again.
    Thank you !
    Andrea fiddlinvetATgmail.com (replace AT with @)