Instant Tax Service / 2081 e main st

1 OH, United States Review updated:

I went to Instant Tax Service and had my taxes filed they went through every thing with me and told me that I was only being charged $250 plus 100 for the bank fees, I selected 24-48 hours and they said that if it took longer then it would automatically be charged less than that since you pay a little more than if you wait 5-7 weeks. They still charged me 380. I wish that I would have filed it myself at Free tax USA.com like I have done for like 3-4 years in the past and even for other people had never had a problem I won't make that mistake again.

Thanks for listening.

Al

Comments

5th of Feb, 2011

your telling me twice i got screwed by then should of learned the first time

• Dh
      23rd of Feb, 2011

I went into the location in Charlotte, NC and it was the same scenrio. I have filed a formal complaint with the BBB here and called the news network and the network told me that since I have a complaint with the BBB they are not going to do anything because it is the same legwork. Only I was charged over $500 to wait 2 weeks. I called my the lady who has done my taxes over the past 5 years or more and she told me that basically no one and I mean no one can do last pay stub or RALs. She said that though she could not prove it, she believes that the other two big names ( H&R Block and Jackson Hewitt) were loaning out their own money. That in the past the banks were loaning off of the earned income credit. Even if you were approved for a RAL through the other two, that you had to have stellar credit and getting back at least $2000 in federal refund without the earned income credit amount. I should have driven the hour and fifteen minutes back to my hometown and had her do my taxes. Even when Instant Cash Loans were being done, I never paid that much and I walked out of the office with a check that day. RALs are a thing of the past so don't be fooled by the advertisments no matter what they say.

So for anyone out there, do your own taxes with turbo tax or the places that will file for free. Even with turbotax it is $67 and they will take it out of your refund for $30 more and that is still less than going to any tax preparer and paying all that money and still having to wait 2 weeks. For me, I will go back to the woman I have always used or do it myself. At least she is honest.

• Ge
      23rd of Jul, 2011
    Instant Tax Service - Audit

My husband is in the military, we went to tax services because we were told that we could get a better deal with Instant Tax Services...NOT. We are now beig audited because they failed to list his income incorrectly, they were deducting in one area and not claming it! They said that they were familure with military W-2's. Once we recieved the IRS paperwork we contacted the office and were told that they would need to contact the IRS and take care of it because they would not speak to us due to the fact that we are not tax prepaiers. Dummy us, we believed them.

1 month later we recieve the same paper ork form the IRS saying that they have not heard a reply and notifying us that there are penalties adding up, now no one is answering the phone and I am now having to hunt down someone at the Corprate office! Not to mention that all the numbers the IRS has, there is no live body to answer a question or direct my husband and I in the right direction.
    Did I mention that there is a Triple Tax Guarente that not all Instant Tax Service franchises offer! It is optional when they open their franchise and is not mandated by the corprate office! That makes me feel so much better!

• La
      27th of Nov, 2012

I filed my taxes wit instant tax services in lorain, ohio jan. 2012 and I was supposed to get 3600 dollars back, well for starters I didn't get my refund back until the end of feb. They told me I would have it back in two weeks I filed jan. 17 that wasn't true, next when I did receive it back on my debit card it on had 2600 dollars on it I called everyday for a month straight and the lady mary or lisa just kept saying that there was a mistake and told me some famous ### lie that the irs had changed the amount of earned income a bunch of ###! I've filed taxes for over 13 years now and I've never been through this crap before . I will never ever ever file with this rip off company again I hope the bbb have them shut down for good they even messed up my sisters refund as weel I think their probably stealing a lot of our refunded amounts they even had the nerves to charge me a over 400 dollars just to file that ### is crazy and so are them!!!...

20th of Feb, 2013

Our office has filed suit against Instant Tax Service in the State of Missouri. If you have had your tax returns prepared at any Instant Tax Service location, we would be interested in speaking with you regarding your experience. Please contact us at (314)522-2312 or email us at [protected]@fortmanlaw.com

Law Office of Jonathan E. Fortman, LLC

22nd of Feb, 2013

We have filed a lawsuit against Instant Tax Service in the State of Missouri. We are currently looking to talk to people who have either used their services and have had problems. We are also looking to talk to anyone who was employed or is employed by Instant Tax Service who has information about the Instant Tax Service policy and procedures. Our communication will be kept confidential. Feel free to call us at (314)522-2312 or email us at [protected]@fortmanlaw.com. Thank you in advance!