Instant Imprints - Anchorage, AK / Treat customers in a sexist and disrespectful way!

1 United States

On Thurs, Oct 19, I visited Instant Imprints, a printing shop on Benson Blvd. in Anchorage, Alaska. I was deeply offended by their crude and sexist behavior. It was towards the end of the night and the shop was about to close. I was met by one older man and one younger man who were sitting in the store eating a snack. I was the only customer there.

I inquired about the cost, schedule, and options for having some T-shirts printed for my son's archery event, and the older man (the manager) answered my questions and then said, "If you're going to wear one of these we can print small so it doesn't get stretched out!" He smiled and laughed a bit and glanced down at my chest. The other man started laughing with his arm covering his face and he stomped his feet while he laughed. "What do you mean?" I asked, annoyed.

"Nothing, sweetheart, nevermind," he said. Both men were still laughing and I got angry and said, "I came in here to do business. If you don't want that business, I can leave right now." The older man said, "I was just saying. " Then more quietly he mumbled, " Lady, don't get PMS on me. I was just playing."

With that, I said, "Go to hell," turned around, and headed for the door. As I was walking out I heard the younger man yell after me, "Smells like fish in here anyway. ### you, b*itch. Have a nice day."

Later I told my husband about the incident and he called the store the next day to demand an apology, but they denied the entire thing and hung up on my husband while he was still talking.

I can't believe they would treat a customer in such a sexist and disrespectful way. Whether their reason was I'm a woman, because I was alone, or because I interrupted their dinner, they had no right to speak to me that way or laugh about it as they did.

Sincerely,