Instant 411 / Rip Off

1 Louisburg, NC, United States Review updated:

Apparently they are a background interent scam company that has you sign up for their service without realizing you're doing it. I called them as I wasn't aware of this service and/or why they were billing me through my phone company. When I asked for a refund as I wasn't aware of signing up for their service and/or even used their service and they stated they won't credit me for this month -- beware when you're on the 'net!

Comments

• Lb
      7th of Oct, 2009

I received an e-mail indicating that they would be billing me through my phone company. I immediately e-mailed back a cancellation notice and told them that I WOULD NOT PAY THE ADDITIONAL CHARGE, since I had not ordered their service.

LBCambra

• Sp
      22nd of Jul, 2016
    Instant 411 - Strange charges
    Instant 411, Inc
    Pennsylvania

The company claims 3rd party charges on my phone bill were for a service they provide. They never mentioned what the service is nor do I care. They claim I signed up on the internet and authorized via email account that has been dead for over a year. They charge $14.95 per month plus tax. Who the heck would pay for 411 info if you can get it on the web for free? Scammers just trying to steal money out of the pockets of hard working people. Why don't they get out and get a real job and stop scamming people. CHECK YOUR PHONE BILLS OFTEN.
    The phone company should not allow new charges without our consent.
    It's time for our lame ### goverment to step in and protect the ones who pay their salary.