Inphonic / IPI Wireless Sales / Be careful of these two companies

United States Review updated:
My credit card information was stolen recently and an illegal order placed through "IPI Wireless Sales"for $614.97. I received an invoice from Cingular Wireless for $279.28 for two phones that were ordered from Inphonic. Cingular suggested that I call Inphonic to let them know that the order was illegal. When I called them an gentleman who sounded like he was based in India began asking me for a lot of personal data such as date of birth before he would "help me". He said he was verifying information but did not answer when I asked if date of birth was a common field on an order. I hung up with the unconfirmed suspician that Inphonic may be a clearing house for illegal orders using stolen information. This was further supported by my Google search of IPI Wireless which yielded a report of an illegal withdrawl from man's bank account by IPI Wireless.

I reported my experience to Cingular's fraud section but still have not idea what happened to the other over $300 of the illegal order as Inphonic would not answer my questions. I believe that my electronic
bill payment to my Mastercard was somehow intercepted (likely a worm or spy bot of some type and I use three spy bot removal softwares nearly daily). Be carefull of these two companies and do not give them personal information that they try and squeeze out of you.

N  3rd of Oct, 2006 by

IPI Wireless Sales - Unauthorized charge for $9.99

IPI Wireless Sales on june26 06 out of my checking acct was taken out $381.92 called # 888 378 8094 no one answered it was a recording i was taken and it seems there is nothing i could do they are a nothing person i was taken and it doesn't fell so good maybe you can help
N  24th of Oct, 2006 by

IPI Wireless Sales - Unauthorized charge for $9.99

Upon reviewing my credit card statement, i saw a charge for $9.99 from ipi*wireless sales. I tried to contact them at 888-378-8094, did not get an answer. I will try to get my card company to retrieve the $9.99. I do not know the location of this company.

A  2nd of Dec, 2006 by
Also ripped off by IPI Wireless, who apparently stole my debit card number and billed me for $9.63. I called bank and had card deactivated ASAP and am disputing the bogus "charge".
A  14th of Dec, 2006 by
I had same charge as you shown on my credit card statement. and the phone number lead you no where. I will call my credit card company to retrieve this charge.
A  18th of Apr, 2007 by
IPI Wireless also charged my debit card $26.72 after I cancelled my order.
A  30th of Apr, 2007 by
IPI took $10.76 from my acct too. I tried to contact them with no luck. BEWARE!
D  30th of May, 2007 by
I have the 9.99 charge from IPI as well but its origin is from YouNeverCall.com and is the correct processing charge for my sprint phone order.
A  30th of Jun, 2008 by
IPI*WIRELESS charged my debit card $233.48!! Who are they?? I cancelled my card immediately (my bank was up on this and they called to notify me that they found a charge that wasn't inline with my spending habits (yea, I don't drop a few hundred a day). Again, who is IPI??