Inphonic / Rude and bad service

I purchased a wireless phone though Wirefly to continue my Verizon service with my original number. When the phone arrived it had a new number. It took me months to straighten it out with Verizon, then I got a notice from InPhonic that I must pay for the phone since i didn't begin a 'New' contract. I checked the box on the order form to continue my old number.

Their customer service people have been very rude and threaten to charge my original credit card if I don't pay. Can they do this legally?

Comments

• Va
      10th of Jan, 2007
    Inphonic - Rebate rip off!

My mail in rebate was approved as early as 10-18-06 but still no check. Rebate center in Minnesota processing claim. I purchased my phone thru Cellular Choices www.cellularchoices.net. A complete address is not shown on its website as it ABOUT US shows it is Oregon based. I searched the yellow pages thru various internet sites but was unable to locate an address . I searched the BBB's website serving Alaska, Oregon and Wetern Washington. It lists Cellular Choices www.cellularchoices.net. Address is 16004 SW Tuala Sherwood Rd Ste 166 Sherwood OR 97140-8521 telephone 877-699-9461 fax 877-314-9944. It is shown as a sole proprietorship and business start date is February 2002. Note: the phone is still connected.

19th of Mar, 2008

I just had the same thing happen to me!! I unfortunately had the same situation happen with two phones so got charged $500. The customer service was awful. The whole experience has been a nightmare. I am looking into ways to rectify this situation. I cannot believe these people are in business.

10th of May, 2008
    Inphonic - Terrible service, cheating me out of my money, etc
    InPhonic
    Florida

I started a phone service with At&t last May and opened two lines of service. Two nunbers were to be ported and an error was made on one of the numbers so that had to be corrected. When that was done InPhonic thought that I took the phone and cancelled the service when only a correction to the phone number was done...I still had two phones sent to me for the two lines of service that I have!!! They have sent me notices and I have called and spoke to their collections personnel and they hung up on me each time. All they had to say was that I had to pay it and the one lady I was speaking to just kept hanging up on me and she said she's the only one in that dept so she was the only one I could talk to. They have now sent the case to a collections company and I'm sure by now it is on my credit. At&t's customer service dept tried on numerous occasions to help me clarify the situation and they refuse to make any type of adjustment. The biggest mistake I made was doing business with this company and I discourage any one in their right frame of mind from doing the same and I will be complaining to the BBB and any other agency that I can. Customers cannot be treated in this manner!!