Inphonex - Varphonex / RIPP OFF

1 Miami, FL, United States Review updated:

YOU DO NOT SPEAK ENGLISH. THEY ARE CHINESE, ARGENTINES, AND FREAKING BRAZILIANS. DOES ANY ONE SPEAK ENGLISH IN THE COMPANY? IN ADDITION, ONE OF THE EMPLOYEES IS SUPER RUDE FROM NEW YORK. ###S... STAY AWAY FROM THEM... THEY STOLEN A LOT OF MONEY FROM MANY MANY CUSTOMERS

Comments

10th of Dec, 2008

I was a victim of Inphonex. I agree with her comments. I was a reseller (varphonex) and I lost my m0ney. Stay away from this company by the way, CS is suck and they do not speak English... ### you guys...:(

Cu
  12th of Dec, 2008

InPhonex is proud to hold an A rating with the Better Business Bureau and has strict standards of customer service. In order to serve our customers better, we employ a diverse group of service representatives who are proficient in English, Spanish and Portuguese. The assertion that we have stolen money or in any way acted unprofessional or deceitful is unfounded. If the author of the above post has a legitimate claim, or requires further further assistance with their account, please contact us at service@inphonex.com and we will be pleased to assist.

- The InPhonex Customer Service Team

Al
  4th of May, 2009

INPHONEX sucks ... now and then. CS terrible, service terrible ...

Ra
  7th of Dec, 2009

They advertise as "Unlimited" World call but after using the service for about two weeks, I received an email asking to upgrade to a higher plan ($90 more per month) in order to keep my service. They claimed that I was using their service for business purpose which it's a lie as I don't own a business. Not worth and not reliable.‎

9th of Dec, 2009

Our unlimited plans are designed to be unlimited for the typical residential usage. This concept is used by most telecommunication companies in the industry. InPhonex is proud to offer a money back guarantee and a no-contract policy on all our services. For more information, please visit: http:/www.inphonex.com.

- The InPhonex Customer Service Team

La
  14th of Dec, 2009

"Our unlimited plans are designed to be unlimited for the typical residential usage. This concept is used by most telecommunication companies in the industry."

Why does Inphonex, or any other telecommunications company, feel that they can redefine the English language? "Unlimited" means without limits. If there are hidden limits of any kind, like 2000? minutes, then you are being intentionally deceptive and are guilty of false advertising.

Just because AT&T, Comcast, Verizon, Inphonex, et al have found a legal loophole that allows you all to get away with it does not change the truth of the matter. The plan is most definitely limited and your advertising is intentionally deceptive.

Please visit: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/unlimited

15th of Dec, 2009

Yes InPhonex does suck, I also got their unlimited plan, and I get nothing but disconnected calls, I think they limit people on purpose so they do not go over their hidden limit on the "unlimited" plan... stay away.

16th of Dec, 2009

Inphonex is nothing but a big fraud, I too was taken by this company..I signed up for their service only to receive an e-mail saying my service is inconsistent with normal residential usage and therefore i should upgrade to a more expensive plan because there is this one number i call a lot..turns out i only wanted their service to stay in touch with my daughter and hers was almost the only number i ever called, , , , , what a scam these guys are running...

Re
  15th of Jan, 2010

So I just received the email from InPhonex today stating that one of my customers was using their service for business purposes and I had to pay a lot more money to keep their unlimited plan. I am a reseller and I am not even sure what to do at this point as I know for sure that the customer is a residential customer and not a business. The customer is threatening to sue; the problem is that I am in the middle.This company gives no explanation of why, and I am afraid they will start doing the same thing with other customers. Any ideas on how I should proceed?

Al
  20th of Mar, 2010

I'll have to disagree with certain comments in these posts. I have been a Varphonex user for 3 years now and so far all my customers are happy with the service. I had certain problems in the past and you are right their customer service is not so good... language is always a barrier but I speak spanish, english and french... so communicating with them is not a problem. Over the past 3 years I had to open just 4 tickets due to problems while calling to Central America. They need to improve their service quality for central america that is true. But most of the time we call US. (We are located in Nicaragua) Calls get connected without any problem and since I have a lot of bandwidth available calls are really clear and stable. Overall their service is good, they have a great control panel for resellers that allows you to do almost everything. I can't really complain probably because I am a reseller who is happy with its VOIP company. I have around 70 users using the service and they are happy with it. You need to read both versions of the story that is why I posted.

Dd
  23rd of Mar, 2010

I agree with everyone here, I am too a victim of InPhonex false advertisement and I filed a complaint against them with BBB and I suggest everyone do the same, I am also organizing a lawsuit against them unless they deliver what they are promissing and I would like to extentd the offer to all of you.

Here is the e-mail of InPhonex's CEO: kooei@inphonex.com

I wrote to Kooei but I doubt he will do anything about it.

Here is what inphonex is doing wrong:

1 . False advertisement, I signed up for the Unlimited world wide plan but now they are shutting down my account claiming that I am not using the services for residential purposes
2. Invasion of Privacy, what in this world gives them the right to monitor my calls? When I call, Who I call and how long we spoke is not of their business!

Contact me if you are interested in my lawsuit and lets as as a group force them to comply with the law!

ddapper@msn.com

Daniel

Gi
  29th of Apr, 2010

I just received a call from someone within the Inphonex company. I did not answer the call but the voice mail was horrible. He told me "if you want to save your life call me back". I filed my complaint with the BBB.

15th of Jan, 2011

I think the FCC should investigate these guys and the FTC too.There is something very dishonest about the minutes usage also on pay-per-call-as-you-go credit.It is not consistent, maybe they have cash flow problems in a tough economy but pinching customers minutes in this "discreet" fashion is not the way to go and does not cut it.Also there is always a balance of .5 cents or .3 cent when they disconect you call for the credit having run out, but then when you recharge, this credit balance somehow disappears, it is not rolled over to the new credit.So obviously they have a cunning programmer tweaking their servers to do so and while .5 cent may be insignificant to thw individual user if you multiply this with the number of Inphonex subscribers(who knows maybe 1 million) then it starts to make perfect sense to Varphonex.They have a good business model but the greed gets in the way.Also if a customer calls vai the Varphonex local number, somehow this number is cloned to the customers numbers(cell or home) and the people she or he calls will see the Varphonex access number instead of the customer number.Imagine what this does to a reseller?

Di
  25th of Jan, 2011

i agree to all of the above i'm too a victim of them.

Us
  15th of Sep, 2011

Any know what the 1-800 access number is if you are in Thunder Bay, ON. Canada? Which appears to not be on the local access list?

Obviously you wouldn't dial winnipeg, toronto, calgary, edmonton, hamilton, ottawa access numbers from Thunder Bay just to call London, ON.

I cannot seem to locate the 800 access number anywhere...please help

Wi
  17th of Oct, 2011

I just want to thank everyone for alerting me to this scam. I always google complaints, etc before buying ANYTHING. I notice they are trying to protect theirself with a vengeance, but that does not work! I know about shill/fake reviews. Will not be buying this BS. I also recommend [redacted] com to have this company practice show up on search engines to protect consumers.

De
  19th of Dec, 2011

hi there, my name is Dela and I was just about to subscribe for this service as a reseller in Ghana. Now I am so scared to do this meanwhile i need to start some VoIP service here in Ghana. Kindly advice.

An
  13th of Sep, 2012

Have you started your service in Ghana? Please feel free to contact us @ perfect_ventures@medinagc.com for your VOIP solutions