Ino*intelius.com / Sb / repeated unauthorized charges

1 2118 N.JEFFERSON STREETOttumwa, IA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 6416805458

Repeated unauthorized charges applied to my prepaid debit card for nothing. this company is scamming people and I am sick of it once and for all. done!

11/18/2012 ino*intelius.com/sb pending -$19.95

Comments

• El
      26th of Dec, 2012

i got the same thing...this company INTELIUS charged my credit cart 7 times...i finally had Capital one changed my card number...
    this is such a scam...what kind of business are you running...i will make sure everyone i know knows what you are doing...this is ridiculous...!!
    None of you apologies will make me change my views...so keep it i wont accept it...(you arent sorry anyways... you sorry you got caught !!! ooooh im so pissed!!!

• Re
      5th of Feb, 2013

this is such a scam. Where is the FTC on this? ----DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE+++ SCAM SCAM

• Iv
      26th of Feb, 2013

The same happened to me. They are just a bunch of thieves. They should go to jail. Why do these kind of criminals are not prosecutted by the government?

• Je
      1st of Mar, 2013

I can't get it stopped, i get an email but when I put in password it says email not on fille WTF

• Li
      8th of Mar, 2013

MY BANKACCT WAS CHARGED 19.95 AND I HAVE MADE NO PURCHASES FROM THIS SITE .rEMOVE THE CHARGES FROM MY ACCT IMMEDIATELY. GOING TO THE BANK TODAY AND STOP THIS AND IF I HAVE TO I WILL CONTACT THE ATTORNEY GENER'S OFFICE

• Di
      16th of Apr, 2013

Please stop charging my account and cancell my card. I will be calling my bank tomorrow to have them put the money back so remove my card

2nd of Jul, 2013

I DID NOT ORDER THIS SERVICE EXCEPT FOR THE 1.00 DOLLAR FEE FOR A ONE TIME USE. I want a refund for all the charges since 2011. And you can keep the dollar. Thank you

19th of Jul, 2013

I am getting this charge to my account too, sometimes twice a month, I don't know what this is and have NOT received any merchandise for the money they are taken out? what do I do to stop it? PLEASE HELP

19th of Jul, 2013

STOP TAKING MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT!!!

• Su
      22nd of Aug, 2013

Has anyone stopped the charges successfully without canceling their credit or debit card? What a pain in the ###! I have all my bills set up to charge automatically. I don't want to disrupt my financial life just to rid myself of this parasite!

31st of Aug, 2013

I am a nationally known consumer advocate and there is a temporary authorization from Intelius on my Barclays card as we speak. Unbelievable. I was in China and not using this card when the amount posted to my account. I will file a complaint with my card but clearly something should be done about this scam company, and NOW.

• In
      12th of Sep, 2013

I HAVE BEEN CHARGED FOR 2 YEARS AND DO NOT KNOW HOW THIS GOT ON CREDIT CARD WAS FOUND WHEN I WAS AUTED FORPERSONAL REASONS

• In
      17th of Sep, 2013

We apologize for any confusion arising from the use of our service and would like the opportunity to assist you.

Intelius offers a variety of services during the purchase process. All of our services are non-contractual so there is no obligation to continue using the service.

If you still need assistance with your account, please visit the contact us page on the Intelius website for a variety of options to contact Customer Care.

www.intelius.com/emailcontact.php

We value your feedback and look forward to hearing from you.

• Ca
      20th of Oct, 2013

ino#intelius.co had been taking out 19.95 from my check card for over a year. I got very upset we are retired and can not afford this. I called 614-445-2727 spoke to a very nice person I hate to yell at on the phone people but was very angry. I explained to me how this all came about and even though I disagree with how this all came about and lost $240.00 I was able to cancel this charge .

• Lo
      3rd of Nov, 2013

I had a unathorized charge from ino inteluiscom/sb charged on my credit card for $39.95. I didnt run a back ground check on anyone so wy is my credit card getting charged that amount. What a scam.

31st of Dec, 2013

I got charged & tried to file a complaint on the customer service site, but got a message saying that they want me to prove my identity & that I would need to send a copy of my identification card, or driver's license. WTH?! Are you serious? I NEVER signed up for their service. I want to be removed from their data base. I don't know how they got my information & now they want me to send them a copy of my ID card, or driver's license? WTH?! Something needs to be done about this company!

31st of Dec, 2013

Here is the exchange: Subject: How do I remove my information from your site?

Your Message:

I did not sign up for this. I don't know how you guys got my info & charged me. I did not make any online purchases, or sign up for any subscriptions within the past two weeks.

Quick Response related to your Message:

In order for us to suppress or opt out your personal information from appearing on our Website, we need to verify your identity. To do this, we require faxed proof of identity. Proof of identity can be a state issued ID card or driver's license. If you are faxing a copy of your driver's license, we require that you cross out the photo and the driver's license number. We only need to see the name, address and date of birth. We only use this information to process your opt out request. Please fax to 425-974-6194 and allow 7-14 days to process your request. We will only process opt out requests received by fax and no request will be processed without complete information (i.e., name, address and date of birth). Requests for opt out will not be processed over the phone or via email.

Sincerely,
    Intelius Customer Care

9th of Feb, 2015

I heard through the grapevine that my exhusband was in jail so I logged on to Intellius to check it out. They charged me $19.95 for 15 year old information. Now, 2 months later, they have charged $19.95 to my debit card for nothing. I did not authorize a continuing charge. I want it to stop immediately and the current charge to be removed.

9th of Feb, 2015

I hope you can make them do something about this. Thanks

• Re
      26th of Oct, 2015

I am being charged $19.95 every month for something from this company. I have no idea what this charge is or where it came from.