Innovative Resorts International / Timeshare sales/SCAM

1 Jericho, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877-855-7778

I was contacted by "Charles" at "Innovative Resorts International" who stated that his company had a buyer for the timeshare I own. This was a total surprise to me - I had not previously contacted this company. Charles advised that if I did not have a "Title Insurance" policy in effect I'd have to buy one in order to complete the sale. This is an immediate red-flag, as Title Insurance is issued by an excrow company to insure that the deed to your property is free of all liens or claims. It remains in effect for a period of time and covers the time prior to your purchase - it does not insure against future claims. After being transferred to the "supervisor", "Jim Brown", I was advised that I would need to submit a "deposit" for $1995 with a credit card in order to provide for the title search at the resort and the county offices. Since the resort is in Hawaii, this immediately raised another red-flag, as it is NOT necessary to physically travel to the actual resort to confirm records. When I advised "Jim" that I would not be paying out any money to sell the property, he became arrogant and dismissive, as if I was the one with a problem.

After reviewing the internet for information about the company, I found other websites advising that this company is indeed a scam. Please do your research carefully and don't believe everything you hear.
Be advised - as many people have said, don't pay an up-front fee to sell your timeshare. Most likely you won't ever see the money again.

Do

Comments

• Ed
      2nd of Jun, 2011

I must say the information Doug commented on is partially true, however my experience with this company had a long awaited positive end result. The two units my uncle and I have paid a few companies to market unsuccessfully was handled by Innovative Resorts Int. very professionally by a gentleman named Gary. He was very knowledgable and educated us on the realistic ways that buyers are attracted. We did in fact sell both units for a fair price and Innovative even found families to rent our unused weeks that were banked. I just could not sit around being a satisfied client of this company and not comment I'm sure that there are many more satisfied customers than my uncle and myself. Thanks again Gary and the rest of the Innovative Resorts Int. staff for your help!