Inland Auto, Boat & RV Sales / Fraudulent dealer, terrible service

1 681 E San Jacinto Ave, Perris, CA 92571Perris, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 951-928-4180

I purchased a boat from Joel Hensler at Inland Auto & Boats in October of 2007 and took delivery of the boat in May of 2008.

I have a long list of complaints but I will only list the worst offenses of my experience including, but not limited to:

- Removal of speakers and head unit AFTER I purchased the boat
- Trailering a boat 3000 miles with NO chains, unsafe bearings
- Brand new custom made top ripped on delivery
- Refusing to pay $60 for a hotel for us to wait after delivery 11h late
- Malfunctioning unsafe trailer
- Screening my calls during delivery - to date
- Don't answer emails regarding the equipment they STOLE from my boat
- Agreed repairs leaking, not installed properly, broken

I don't expect the world out of a used purchase, but this has been the worst experience of my life. Buyer beware isn't sufficient. Buyers stay away.

More Inland Auto, Boat & RV Sales Complaints & Reviews

Comments

12th of Jun, 2008

It is very hard to understand why after bending over backwards to help someone they can turn on a seller.
    1. We undercharged on the storage of this boat on our lot, and didn't charge for the extra month.
    2. We warned the customer about boat covers and how they can rip or tear when being towed. The customer insisted that we tow it with this cover.
    3. When delivering a boat 3, 000 miles away no one can determine the exact time the delivery will be made. We told her after noon, and when the driver called to say it would be around 7:30 p.m. she demanded that we pay for a motel room. I told her that we would not pay for the room and that there was nothing else we could do. The day that the delivery took place was an exceptionally busy day... I am in sales... it is my job to spend my time on the sales floor... and as she did have the driver's phone number there was nothing else I could do.
    4. The trailer on the boat had been inspected before it left. The bearings were inspected and greased. It traveled 3, 000 miles before it was delivered and was in good working condition when delivered.
    5. We received an email from the customer a week after it was delivered saying the stereo and speakers were missing, and that we had 7 days to replace them. When we replied by asking when she noticed they were missing we never heard back. Of course her complaint here was her response.
    6. Miss Jones had this boat surveyed by an independent surveyor. We repaired the items agreed upon with Miss Jones from his report.

I suggest that Miss Jones retracts the fraudulent claim as it could be construed as liable.

We have sold thousands of boats over the years and are one of the largest used boats sellers in the USA. We are proud that we have had very few complaints in our 27 years of business (and we do work very hard not to have those few).

Joel Hensler