Info. Freecreditreport. Infofcr.com CA / Cancelled request for free credit report and being billed

1 P.O.Box 19729,Irvine, Ca.92623Hinsdale, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-877-481-6826

I ordered a free credit report from Credit Report.com and somehow I was connected to info.freecreditreport.infofcr.com CA. I cancelled my account with Free Credit Report.com on 1/28/10 and now I am being billed from Info.freecreditreport.infofcr.com CA. I was informed by Free credit Report that my account was cancelled and now I am being billed by Info.freecredit report when I do not want their service. My Pay Pal account is being billed as follows
1/26/10 Info.free creditreport.infofcr.com CA $24.95
1/26/10 Creditreport.com $14.95 and
2/4/10 Info.freecreditreport.infofcr.com CA $14.95

I want this account cleared and do not want to receive any further information from either entity.

The account is under Philip Dindia and the Pay Pal account is under Barbara Dindia

More Info. Freecreditreport. Infofcr.com CA Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Do
      20th of Jan, 2010
    Info. Freecreditreport. Infofcr.com Ca - Charges Amount from Credit Card
    Dominador Bona
    1733 View Park Way
    Chula Vista
    California
    Phone: 619-271-2852

info.FreeCreditReport.infoFCR.com Ca keeps charging my credit card with reference number 75309560016580449603170. Request refunds from said company.

• Ms
      5th of Mar, 2010

I was told that my account would be charged after 14 days. Unless I canceled. My account was charged after 5 days and I did call to cancel. The slime in this world will do anything to make a quick buck. Whatever happened to honesty and integrity in this world?

• Sh
      9th of Mar, 2010
    Info. Freecreditreport. Infofcr.com Ca - money
    Texas

My name Shynice Trew. I don't know who gave my card number to take money out, but I am currently deployed and I would like an e-mail stating that I will be recieving my money back.

• De
      9th of Mar, 2010

i dont want to be charged this bill anymore i only used it once and i would like if u guy refund my 3 months my number is 415 793-6266 name Delma Valencia. thank you

• La
      26th of Mar, 2010
    Info. Freecreditreport. Infofcr.com Ca - didnot authorize this company to charge for this information monthly
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Virginia

The ad on TV states get your free credit report, not to open a account. I have been charged 14.95 on my Visa account in
    which I donot need.

• Aa
      3rd of Apr, 2010

I recently got into the same trouble, when I found a $14.95 charge from Info.FreeCreditReport.infoFCR.com
    I googled for the company information and stumbled upon a lot of complaints against this company about illegal credit card charges.

Here is how it happened, I went to the http://www.experian.com/ site.
    Clicked on Get your credit score and report - now here is where the users get scammed. They have put a important notice about the users putting into the Triple advantage membership, cancellation and charges. I think what most of the people (including me) misunderstood that if you follow the steps by clicking the advertisement they'll let you know at some point about the possible charges and membership. Which it does not.

Experian designed the whole process very interesting and tricky way (which might remind you of scamming)
    They charge you $1 (and donates that dollar) to get your credit card information, so that they can charge you later.
    All the information about charge and trial membership is only sent to you once by email when the account is set up.
    You'll never get another email even though you don't use the service. They'll just keep charging your credit card monthly.

All the information about the membership is always represented to the prospective customer. But they'll always put a distraction first before they disclose the information first. for example on the experian.com site, the distraction is the button which will lead you to get what you want (and a great deal for $1); now once you clicked on the link you missed the chance to see the important notice that says

"IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
    When you order your $1 Credit Report & Score, you will begin your 7-day trial membership in Triple Advantage®. If you don’t cancel your membership** within the 7-day trial period, you will be billed $14.95 for each month that you continue your membership. You may cancel your trial membership anytime within the trial period without charge."

again when you get the membership email you'll find a glowing colored button saying access your account surrounded by a lot of texts when at the end (at the bottom) it says,

"Remember that your free trial membership is available for 9 days from the date you enrolled. To continue enjoying full access to all the benefits that membership has to offer, no action is required and the credit card used to enroll will be billed at the prevailing monthly rate. However, if you wish to cancel your membership, call us at 1-877-284-7942 before your free trial expires and your card will not be charged."

Legally I don't know if you can do anything. I would way its a improper business practice since the customers are getting confused and Experian should really clear the process more transparent so the users don't miss the hidden charges.

Now what you can do about it. You can call the number 866-578-5408 (you can get the number from http://info.freecreditreport.com/TakeAction.aspx) and tell the whole story. You'll need to emphasize on the facts that you had no clear idea and you didn't want it. They might want to offer some alternate memberships or lower the membership fee. Consider what suits you. But if you don't want the service then keep asking to get the refund. One more suggestion that I can give you is, threatening them about complaining works (as they also get the point that they'll not achieve anything out of this deal by bulling customers).

They promised to refund my money in 7-10 days and canceled the membership (I got a confirmation email). But that took me about half an hour argument with the lady over the phone.

Downside of the deal is you personal data is stored in their server now (as a part of the membership which you probably didn't know about) and you can not remove it even if you want to.

Goodluck getting your money back.

• Fe
      11th of Apr, 2010

I WANT TO KNOW WHY I'M GETTING CHARGED FOR SOMETHING I DON'T USE. I CANCELLED THIS BEFORE AND WAS REFUNDED MY MONIES. WHY IS IT YOU'RE STILL TAKING MONEY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT. SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE ABOUT THIS!!! I AM UNEMPLOYED AND I NEED MY MONEY, SO WHEN SHOULD I EXPECT MY REFUND?

• Ar
      26th of Apr, 2010

I did not authorize 14.95 to be billed to my credit card monthly.

• Jw
      29th of Apr, 2010

I too was scammed about the "Free Credit Report".com. I was getting a new loan for a home refinance, so I was
    directed from a new action on the interet to go to "Free Credit Report".com which I did. There "IS" simply nothing "FREE" about this site. They charged me & the next day, 3/10/10 a charge of $24.95 appeared on my credit card and then on3/19/10 a charge of $14.95 appeared. It is now April & yet another charge on 4/19/10 has been billed to my credit card of $14.95. All together "FREE CREDIT REPORT.COM has SCAMMED me of $69.80 in 6 weeks. I've called their customer service & made sure that this account is cancelled. Of course there is no "REFUNDS" of money. You just have to swallow it & go on. I"m a senior citizen
    and social security is my only income & I'm also disabled.

This site is totally misleading & does not tell you the whole story. Don't get caught in their trap.

J W in Tennessee

• Li
      16th of May, 2010

I too have been scammed for $24.95and called and canceled and less then thirty days later I have a charge for $14.95. this charge acurred over the weekend and on Sunday when discovered they are closed. I will be calling tomorrow at six AM and this will stop.They have on right to do this to people . I wish I knew the fisical where abouts of this Company because Iwould pay them a visit and put an end to this once and for all.

25th of May, 2010

I did not order this.

25th of May, 2010

This was not order

• Am
      2nd of Jun, 2010

I would like to cancel this account. It is coming out of my checking account every month but I never used it. Stop taking the money out or I shall have to go further. You cause me to overdraw my account almost every month and I cannot afford this any longer. I only have social security to live on.

• Ro
      3rd of Jul, 2010
    Info. Freecreditreport. Infofcr.com Ca - Unauthorized Charge to My PayPal Account
    INFO.FREECREDITREPORT. INFOFCR.COM CA
    California

This company has made an unauthorized charge of $14.95 to my PayPal Account! I thought that I was on the FREE Credit Report.com website that was shown on TV Advertisements, this company is taking advantage of everyone, and invading our personal information while ripping us off !! Something needs to be done and I agree with another person that said 'LAWSUIT '.
    Roz

• Na
      7th of Jul, 2010

I too was taken by these scam artists. I can't figure out how to get ahold of them to cancel, they've taken out 14.95 for months now cause I can't figure out how to reach them. Can anyone help me?

21st of Jul, 2010

I would like to cancel my account. Please stop taking money out of y checking account.

• Su
      28th of Jul, 2010

Same thing happened to me also. Is there any way we can sue this company?

• Ra
      6th of Aug, 2010

To: INFO.FREECREDITREPORT. INFOFCR.COMCA

You have been taking $14.95 out of my account and do not respond to requests to cancel the account. I am formally demanding you close my account. This is illegal and I will prosecute charges if it is not immediately cancelled and the charges reversed. You may obtain my bank info by calling me. I will provide my info on secure window.
    Larry Shelton
    Vancouver, WA 98664
    Bank of America

• Ri
      9th of Aug, 2010

I just got off the phone with them. I got a refund for 6 months. The operator stated that there was no refund because it was clearly stated that it was a recurring charge on the email and the web site.

I told the operator that she is well aware of the scam they are running and that I am looking at a website as we speak of others who have been scammed the same way I was.

I said that if you do not give me a refund Iwill spend every spare minute I have posting thier name on every scam site I can find.

I was put on hold for about 5 minutes and the she informed me that I would recieve a full refund.

Worked for me, (for once)

Hope it works for you.

• De
      11th of Dec, 2010
    Info. Freecreditreport. Infofcr.com Ca - Did not know we were being charged
    Loucreeta Gardner

We have a card that we rarely use that has been being charged $29.90 for something our daughter got for free over a year ago. we want it stopped now, please. How do we contact the company directly? Comtact me please at delrey77@litewire.net.