Info Experian Direct / charging acct and now acct bounced due to the charge. no permission to charge acct.

1 PA, United States Review updated:

I went online to check my bank acct and found that there are charges going to my acct of $14.95. I do not understand why. My husband nor I ever approved for the monies to come out. Now my acct bounced from this transaction. $61 overcharge fee. This is rediculous. They should not be allowed to take the monies and should have to pay the monies back that were taken without consent. I see at least three times when they took the monies. that is $105.85 that should not be on me.

Comments

• Be
      25th of Oct, 2009
    Experian Solutions - Stolen money
    Experian Solutions

Police reports, credit dispute letters, results and Federal Trade Commission documents available. This company stole money from my credit card.

• Sl
      11th of Nov, 2009

This happened to me today to. Same amount, same company. I never agreed to a subscription. They just randomly charged me out of the blue like 6 months after I got a credit report. Kinda ironic, a Credit report company using business practices that can trash your credit...what crooks. Fortunately, my bank caught the charge as fraud and declined, but alerted me nonetheless. I guess its the last time I get a credit report from experian.

• Ca
      15th of Nov, 2009

This has happened to us on several occasions now! We have been trying to find the site that is charging our account without our consent but today is the first day that I was able to locate one. This month alone they have charged my account $14.95 twice. I will be contacting them tomorrow but I am sickened at the fact that they think they can do this to consumers! Enough is enough!

• Ro
      15th of Nov, 2009

I also did not authorize Info Experian Direct to charge me $14.95 a month. How did this happen? I will be stopping payments immediately. How did they get into my ATM account to do this? I am outraged! What can I do to stop this from happening to others?
    A Very Angry Rockygirlcat

• Ar
      20th of Nov, 2009

i am being charge 14.95 a month for something i don't want .I need to know how I can stop this charge. I did not approve this charge.

• Uj
      29th of Nov, 2009

Exact same thing happened to me. I was charged $14.95 a month for 6 months and customer service said they can only return one month of charge to me since by not telling them I don't want the membership after 7 day trial period I authorized them to charge me. I asked to talk to the manager, they said he is busy and I should take my complaint and write a letter to a POB. I did and never heard back from them. This is a dirty trick they play on us the innocent consumer. I probably threw away their membership letter in the trash since I get hundreds of junk mails and they knew so they prey on this. This is not a matter of money, it's deceptive business practice and if they can con 20 customers a day they will make millions of dollars in a few month. This calls for a class action lawsuit.

Angry and won't let up Ujustwait.

• Re
      30th of Nov, 2009
    Info.experiandirect.co - charge i'm not aware of

I JUST WENT INTO ONE OF MY CREDIT CARDS AND FOUND A CHARGE, I DO NOT REMEMBER . IT WAS FOR "INFO.EXPERIANDIRECT.CO" IN THE AMOUNT OF $47.58. PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS CHARGE TO ME. OR BETTER YET REVERSE THE CHARGES BACK TO MY ACC'T.

• Ny
      1st of Dec, 2009

Call them. You might have been scammed like my husband was. He wanted a free credit report and instead was signed up for a free trial for seven days. If he did not cancel before then he would be agreein to join and charged $29.95 monthly. Find out their website, get their number and credit card charged. Ask them to cancel you subscription to whatever it is they are subscribing you to. Do it soon since my husband was only refunded present month. When you call I suggest you get the name of the person you are talking to and their agent number if they have one. Keep it for your records. We cancelled our "account" and yet were billled again just yesterday. So when you call you can have some refernce, because they will probably try to keep charging you otherwise.

4th of Dec, 2009

Stop this nonsense of charging people for services that were not properly explained nor ordered, this is the perfect recipe for a class action lawsuit that Experian Direct will end up with, , there are demonstrating the classic predators that are in this world!! I have been charge the sum of $14.95 for three or more months for services I don't even know about. I called my credit card company and they will put a stop to this, as I am not the only one that has experience this, , This people should be ashamed of themselves for being part of a credit monitoring company and someone in the government should be monitoring their practices as well. I will make sure that a class action lawsuit is filed against this company and will never use their services ever again.

Beyond Angry.

• Mi
      9th of Dec, 2009

THESE PEOPLE ARE INCREDIBLY DISHONEST AND HAVE NO CONSCIENCE ABOUT STEALING AND LYING ABOUT THEIR SERVICES. THE CHARGES THEY STICK TO UNSUSPECTING CONSUMERS ARE TOTALLY UNREASONABLE. THEY LET UNAUTHORIZED PEOPLE BILL A CREDIT CARD THAT DOES NOT EVEN BELONG TO THEM AND THEN REFUSE TO ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR PERPETUATING A CONTINUED FRAUD. I HOPE THEY ALL BURN.

• Mi
      15th of Dec, 2009

I also got a fraudulent withdrawal of 14.95 from my checking account. Called my bank and they called Experian and we had a conference call. Experian will not refund my money
    stating that I requested a credit report in back in May which is a bunch of bull. Experian said they will not deduct any more money from my checking acct. Woopy but I'm still out $14.95. At least call Experian and have them cancel future deductions

• Wo
      16th of Dec, 2009

Same problem here in Austin TX.
    Has anybody found a way to get rid of these charges?
    Wolf Metzner
    512-329-8100

• Ed
      17th of Dec, 2009

I'm the latest to be caught in this fraudulent scheme; charged 14.95 for two months before noticing it and like many of you Experian won't rescind the charges. Ujuswait and Masc, your class action lawsuit seems like a good idea.

21st of Dec, 2009

I have the same problem. Luckily, I caught it immediately, so only incurred one month. But it took me over 10 minutes to convince the woman on the phone that I don't want the 14.95 package or the 9.95 package or the 5 dollar package, I am trying to CANCEL. (Needless to say, I am steamed.)

• Di
      21st of Dec, 2009
    Infoexperiandirect.com - unauthorized charge
    Kansas

For the last few months I have been billed by experian on my credit card for credit reports I neither requested nor used. You have been continuing to charge my Bank of America credit card (no. 4888940080942697, ref. no. 24351789341372532888181.) I WANT THIS TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY AND MY EXPERIAN ACCT. CLOSED.

• In
      23rd of Dec, 2009

I fell victim of this experian direct scam this Dec 2009. I went to experian.com to check my credit score. While I browsed their website I saw the their offer for a free credit report and score. I clicked on it and applied noting that they offer it free for 30 days before charging the credit card. But to my amazement, I caught them charging my credit after only 9 days hence I am now in the process of disputing with my bank. I am not sure where else to complain about their scam. Please email me if you have an idea at [email protected] TY.

25th of Dec, 2009

This has happen to me and I want to know howto stop it. I cancelled the subscription within tha alloted time frame not to be charged and I did notice the charges until they had colleted two payments. This is nonsense and should be stopped. I want to scream for what I have to go throught to stop them from charging my acount.

• Da
      4th of Jan, 2010
    Experian Triple Protection - Subscription Scam
    Experian
    Milan
    Illinois
    Phone: 3097377152

Went to Experian website to get credit report and automatically got signed up for credit protection service I did not want. I thought I had followed all of the rules about cancelation, but still got a monthly charge that I didn't pick up until six months later. Ironic, the people who advertize a service to notify you of unautherized credit card use, uses your credit card to rip you off.

• He
      11th of Jan, 2010

On Credit CARD statement, charged $16.28, WHAT FOR???????Please explain...

• He
      11th of Jan, 2010

Please explain why I am being charged $16.28, what for and I hope not again...