Infinity Van Lines / move

1 FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 781-307-6584

Whatever you do...never hire inifinity van lines for your move!!! They are liars and very sneaky manipulative people. They moved me from Fl to Massachusetts as well as stored my items for a 4 month period. They lost 3 mattresses, ladder, bose stereo, tv, curio cabinet, grill etc . etc. The list goes on. They would not accept my phone calls nor work with me on my lost, well actually stolen items. When they finally sent me an insurance claim check from their office, I could not cash it due to insufficient funds in their account. They have not received my phone calls since then!!! They state on their website that they are a proud member of the National Association of movers and storage, and I when I called that organization, I was made aware that they are NOT a member. They have fraudulent advertising on their website as well as sending me a fraudulent check. Horrible people. It's a shame that they do business this way. Take some time to look up all the complaints against them on the web. You'll find plenty of them!! STAY AWAY FROM INFINITY!!!

Comments

• Te
      11th of Aug, 2014

I feel your pain. Got sucked in by this company as well. Quoted us one thing, then doubled the price after they started loading all of our things. They arrived 3 hours late and stayed until 2:00am in the morning. We were told we would have our things delivered to us within 48 hours three times now and we still have not received our possessions. Its amazing to me that they can manage to load our things onto a truck at their distribution center 3 times and still not manage to get our things to us. They have lied every time they have spoken to us... and if you research the company its clearly obvious that they are buying good reviews because everything is either 5 stars (paid for by the company) or 1 star (the certain reality that so many of us have faced). Stay far far away from this company and be ware... once they have your things there is no telling when or if you will ever get them back. BTW I have a 4 month old daughter who has no crib because of this company and we've been sleeping on a couch we've had to buy because of this company.

• Je
      15th of Aug, 2014

Your story is the same as ours. However, please act and report them to the BBB so this stops happening to people! It's so sick. It took a month and half to get our stuff and when we did boxes were smashed, things stolen and many things broken. They also did the same thing with the quote...doubled it once they had our stuff on their truck! Soooo bad! This company needs to be taken down.

• Kc
      5th of Sep, 2014

I am so upset. I am formally using this as a way for me to vent my frustrations with Infinity Van Lines. We hired them and paid our deposit of $1300 weeks ago. We were supposed to pay a total of $4200 to move 887 cubic ft from Hampstead, NC to Denver, CO. We even had two WALK THROUGH companies come through our home and all gave us the same cubic footage.

Infinity Van Lines were supposed to arrive was yesterday at 9:30 am. At 11 am I called to find out where our movers were. They told us they would not arrive until today (Friday). Our scheduled time was 3:30 pm - 5pm. At 3:45 pm our driver calls to tell us he's 2 and a half hours away in Raleigh (actually 3 because he can't drive 70 mph in a big truck) and still has 2 hrs of work left to do in Raleigh. At 8pm 4 Mexicans show up in a Ryder truck with Classic Van Lines t-shirts. They brought a 24' RYDER truck - NOT WHAT INFINITY told us would be picking up our belongings. Infinity "reassured" me four different times that a 53' semi would be showing up with multiple entry doors in order to load our belongings.

I spoke to the "Classic Van Lines" boss on the phone who then proceeded to tell me that his foreman said our actual cubic footage was more like 1300-1400, DOUBLING OUR SPACE!!

Needless to say, since they arrived at 8 pm, their office was closed and they have no after-hours service.

I want a refund and we are moving the stuff tomorrow through Rat Packs.

• Pr
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    Infinity Van Lines - Tv stolen/lost
    Infinity Van Lines
    San Jose
    California

I wanted to move from Houston, Texas to San Francisco bay area, California. While I was reviewing my options, Sales people from this company reached out to me and we started conversation.
    I got an estimate of around 1700 dollars as i did not have a lot of stuff. My major furniture was TV, home theatre, sofa, dining table with 4 chairs, mattress bed and night stand. Other than that I had some kitchen and basic house hold stuff.
    I was ok with the estimate and finalized on the move out date. The sales person asked for 2 dates, one primary and one backup. I provided Nov 29 and Nov 30 of 2014 and did mention that I will book my flight on Nov 30 at around 9 pm as i had to get to work on 1st Dec, 2014. All this was done in 1st week of November giving them ample time to plan my pickup.
    They sales person said that its fine and the pick-up will not be missed. I paid an advance of $500.
    I was told that I would be expecting a call from their customer service 48 hours prior to the pickup.
    It’s 29th Nov 2014, I get a call at around 10 am from their customer service saying that unfortunately pick up cannot be done on 29th but will be definitely done on 30th Nov.
    I did not have a choice but to wait. On 30th Nov I was kept waiting in total darkness till 3 pm. No one called. I tried reaching them on all the phone numbers that I could and must have left around 20 voice messages.
    At 3 pm their customer service person calls and says that they cannot have the pickup done on that day. I was livid and furious but they did not care.
    I had no choice but to take my flight that day and beg one of my friend to take a day off and take care of the pickup on 1st December.
    On 1st December they had the pickup done, but as I was not there they did what I had feared the most i.e. my estimate swelled from $1700 to $3900. I did not have a say as I was not there and my hands were tied.
    Now, they wanted to pay 50% before the stuff starts being transformed from Texas. I emailed them a photocopy of my cheque worth 1700$.
    The next day i see in my account that my $3400 has been charged from my account. When I reached the van lines people they said that by mistake they have taken the money out twice from my account. They also added that they need not refund the money as I would have had to pay the rest at delivery.
    So technically, they charged me the whole amount without the delivery.

Delivery:-
    I had to call them and enquire about the date and time of delivery but never got any call from them regarding delivery.
    Delivery was done on 13th. The person who was in charge of delivery was a rude and highly unprofessional person. He deliberately brought an 18 wheeler trailer. This was done so that they can charge money for extra distance while trying to deliver the items, as the trailer cannot go to every road/street.
    Once all the delivery was dine i found that My TV was missing. The driver who was in charge for delivery had no idea. When i called van lines people, they had no idea as well.
    How can you lose a 46 inch flat led TV in a box?
    I waited for 4 weeks as I was told in hope that they can locate the tv, but could not. Eventually I filled a claim in January 20th and have still not heard anything from these people.
    When I was discussing regarding my lost TV I was told that they were very sorry and will do their best to compensate the expensive item. But after the claim has been raised the only thing that they do is avoid. The person who promised (relocation specialist) doesn’t even answer the phone anymore.

So to sum it up:
    Pickup was late
    They deliberately make sure that customer is not available during delivery so that they can swell the estimate.
    They have unprofessional people who handle the whole business.
    Unprofessional delivery
    Lost/Stole my TV
    No regards for the customer