Infinity Spa/ Wholesale Recreation / Crappy Product and Customer Service

1 2212 Buffalo Rd, Johnson City, TN, US Review updated:
Phone: (423) 477-7796

We had nothing but problems from Wholesale Recreation in the beginning. It started with us being required to pay IN FULL (over 3K) in December 2007, but not receiving the product for over 3 MONTHS!!! Repeated calls to WR talked about problems with the manufactor and not receiving shipments. We should have cancelled the order at that point. Now, 14 months later, the pump and motor has died. And shockingly enough, Infinity Spas has gone out of business and is not honoring the warranty on their product. The "new" Infinity Spa, at the old phone number, gave me a number for the bankruptcy lawyer for Infinity, which of course doesn't go through. Wholesale recreation says its not their fault. Now, as I read more online, it appears that we probably received a refurbished tub, as opposed to a new tub which we were told we were getting. Why else would a pump that is warrantied for 5 years go out within 14 months of normal use? Do not buy from Wholesale Recreation.

Upon attempting to purchase a replacement pump, after quoting the 6 HP pump that Infinity claims to have in the spa, the spa parts company informs us that it is impossible to have a 6 hp pump at only 240 V, and that Inifinity LIED about their product compartments. What a suprise.

Maurice K. Guinn is the lawyer from Gentry, Tipton & McLemore, from Knoxville, that is supposedly handling the bankruptcy case, but of course I cannot get any calls into the firm, as promised, to be able to talk to him. The number online is listed as [protected] ext 113. I will keep trying. If anyone else has had these problems or has any luck solving them with the law firm, please post!!

Comments

• Ge
      Dec 02, 2009

Not surprised to hear Infinity went t*ts up. I am trying to remember the name of spa manufacturers who ARE still doing business. I am in the middle of replacing a pump on my 26-month old Infinity. Funny thing is I got out the warranty info sheet and decided to tackle it on my own after reading that I was on the hook for 100% of the labour costs, and 40% of the materials for a spa older than 2 yrs. You took a gamble, you lost. You've got to be prepared to be handy when you look for a deal (I'm sure you went to the spa stores and the prices were twice what you paid) chances are unless you get something professionally installed and have a service contract... sooner or later you're on the hook. It's a damn shame for ANY product to be marketted by pushing the warranty benefits only to have it all taken away by bankruptcy. big guy wins, little guy gets screwed.
    Geoff in Canada

• Cl
      Mar 24, 2010

I have had some problems as well as of late! Cant figure out why a fuse keeps blowing after 10 days or so. Around December they did honor some warranty work but as of March now for the last two weeks i cant get through to the warranty place ( Larry was his name). The lady who sold the tub still works but at a little different name on the web and says shes going to email larry to call me which he hasnt. If you find that lawyer or whatever let me know because whatever goes wrong we need to have fixed because we all payed for it! Give me a call on my cell at [protected] if you have more information. Other wise the tub has worked well instead of a few little things. The future is what im concerned about though.

• Pa
      Nov 19, 2010

Same problem here. Doubly dubious, is the fact that we bought our hot tub at ChooseDirect.com approx 16 months ago & they sold the hot tub KNOWING they were selling a product from a bankrupt company.