Infinity Of Tampa / Don't stand behind their sales

I went into the dealership on March 30 just looking at cars. The salesman, Antonio, introduced himself and showed me the car, 2000 BMW Z3. We looked it over and found several small problems with the car of which were some small upholstery problems, and an oil leak. We discussed the problems and was informed that the problems would be fixed. I agreed to the purchase of the car with the understanding that it would be fixed. I took the car home for the weekend and told them I would bring it back on Sunday. I did take the car back in left it to be fixed. On Thursday they called and said the car was available and it had been fixed. The upholstery shop repaired their part, and was "told" the service department had replaced the valve cover gasket. I took the car and drove it. Still had the smell, but the salesman said that it was residual and would not last long. I took the car to get it registered and tagged in NC, only to find the dealership had not sent in the needed paperwork. So I had to drive back from NC on an expired tag. I called the sales manager and told him all about the mix-up and told him the oil leak was never fixed. He said no problem to bring it in and they would fix it. I took the car in last night May 15, 2007, and left it with the finance person since the service department was closed. I got a call this morning from the service department saying that their is a leak on the valve cover, and nothing has ever been done to the car. They also stated that they were not going to fix the car, even though I have a signed document saying that the items listed at the time of sale would be fixed. I have left a message with the general manager in hopes that he can help resolve this issue but have not heard from him.

Comments

Jj
  26th of Jan, 2008

I am sad to see that you had to go through this. I was looking at the same dealership and got a weird feeling and decided to hold off. This was 3 weeks ago and since then, coworkers and people I have met that have infiniti's all say the same thing..... They will never buy anything from that company again.

Sh
  6th of Mar, 2008

I purchased a used Lexus 2006 from the infinity dealership in tampa last summer. The car had a known factory defect, that I didnt know about until I took it into lexus for service. Lexus had it all documented in the computer. I believe this is fraud, on Infinities part, and I am currently hoping to dump the car back off to them or lexus. There is no fix for my car. Lemon.

Ro
  9th of Oct, 2008

I went to this dealer to look at a car that I had discussed with a sales person over the telephone. He wasn’t there when I arrived but another guy said he didn’t recall seeing a car of the color combination and equipment I described. I suggested going to the computer. He said he didn’t know how to work it. I offered to go to the dealer website as my computer was in my car (wireless) and I could go to the dealer website and show him the inventory. He responded that they don’t really enter accurate information in the website and the car depicted in their site may not actually exist. He was also somewhat unkind in suggesting that I am too old to be driving a stick shift. He insisted that it would be faster to walk around. We walked in circles for about an hour until I gave up and left. Incidentally Infinity or Tampa's website gives a telephone number under the “internet sales” icon. In other words for Internet sales you use a telephone or physically go to the dealer and walk aimlessly through the lot because no one will admit knowing how to use a computer.

Jl
  17th of Nov, 2010

I bought a 2007 Inifinit G35 that was listed as a one onwer, certified with only 15, 000 miles on it. I purchased it although they did not provide the carfax at the time of pick up as the sales guy Jason said he would but the sales guy had left for the day and the finance manager took care of the sale at that point so I was not too worried about it considering the car was one owner, certified and still under a factory warranty. I paid cash for the car and thought I got a great deal. NOT... The car turned out to be a loaner vehicle before from another dealer. I only found it because a few day later when driving, I notice the windshield had some words on it at the top of the windshield. Well I figured it was where they had one owner, certified at the top and it was just sticky residue left. The words when I lookd closed stated, Loaner vehicle with a name of another delareship. I went back to them upset and wanting to return the car as it was deceptive but the Manager Ron said they cannot do anything and the car was one owner. one owner ives the impression as if the car had one main driver I told him not that it was owned by one persoon for use of a loaner car. He fixed a few minor things such as a stain, some scratches and repainetd an area where that was some chemicle spots on the mud guard area of the car and that was all I could seem to get done. So now that I am selling the car, a lady who was about to buy it just informed me that she pulled the carfax and seen that it was in an accident in Oct, 2007. Now I am shocked that they id not tell me and how can a car be certified if it was in an accident???? I called them upset and he said they did not know that (Ron, the manager of used cars) and said it may not have been on the carfax. I explained that they conviently forgot to give me the carfax on the pick up day and although it is my fault for not ensuring this, who would think that a almost brand new car, one owner and certified would have been in an accident and being sold by a large infinit dealer here in Tampa. I will be contacting Channel 8 on this and am looking into the laws again deceptive advertising. Stay away from this delaership... I promise, they are bad news and have no remorse for how they sold me the car. I since have bought a 2008 g37 and 2007 FX35 for my wife.. I think that lost more then they would have gained had they been honest with me. Making a few dollars on deceiving me turned out to where $60, 000 in car purchases went somewhere else. maybe they should act with ethics and integrity if that exists anymore in this industry and they would have loyal customers that continue to spend money with them a refer people now instead they have these comments...

Tr
  21st of Dec, 2011

i am preparing to lodge a complaint against Infiniti. I wish I had read these comments prior to purchasing a vehicle from them. Their salesperson Aaron appears to be a doubletalking liar and the others walk around in a fog. I will never do business with this dealership again.

Da
  4th of Nov, 2012

worst deal ever made. I bought a 2003 accord for 14, 200 with 3000 down should be 11, 200 ... i was hit with state cap and still paying 17% i have made 57 payments of 320 that equates to 18240... the crazy part is the statement says I owe another 6300!!! I will take them to court if I have to.