Infinity Group Services / Unauthorized charges

When researching the company, Hope to Homeowners had a (A) rating with the BBB. I contacted HUD and was advised HUD used Hope to Homeowners to do loan modification. After checking out this company I agreed to send them all my personal information and a check for $995.00. With a promise that if the loan could not get modified the money would be refunded back to me.

A month later I was told Hope to Homeowners could not process my loan. They said that they are also called Infinity group services and now under this new name they would try to get my loan modification done. I was very up set so I checked out the new company name Infinity group services which just so happens to be affiliated with Hope to Homeowner. Checking with the BBB they have a rating of (F) and have ripped of many homeowners trying to get a loan modification.

Nether one of these companies did anything for me. Both of these companies were deceptive, misleading and misrepresentative. After contacting the company numerous times regarding my loan I was passed from loan officer to loan officer. Each one had no answers for me. I spoke with a supervisor named Matt Zurbuck, which told me that this company was working hard on my loan that I would not get my money refunded.

I am a single 60 year old disabled woman who has survived Cancer twice who is a foster parent to 43 teen in the past 9 years and adopted two medically fragile children. I can not effort to just give $995.00 to a rip of company. I need very much to get a loan Modification so that my family has a stable home to reside in.

Al

Comments

• Sy
      26th of Apr, 2009

I just learned this morning on Clark Howard's program on HLN t.v news that it's illegal for a company to charge advance fees for a Loan. Sign, Sylvia

29th of Apr, 2009
    Infinity Group Services - Home Loans
    163 Technology Drive
    Irvine
    askigs.com

This company is a fraud... do not give them 995.00 up front. You will never see that money again. If you have, hopefully you put it on a credit card and hopefully the credit card company will go after them. The people at IGS are a joke! They lie, cheat, and scam. DONT TRUST THEM WITH YOUR MONEY OR TIME!!! CALL KFI AM 640 AND TELL THEM TO STOP ADVERTISING THEM!!!

• Ho
      30th of Apr, 2009

I worked for this company sad to say. They had me telling people day in day out how we would save there home and change there lives. I left after 3 months and over 250 people had paid me the $995.00 fee with the intention of IGS helping to save there home. If you come in contact with this company run the other way and save the loss of time and money

• 4t
      1st of May, 2009

I agree! What a complete joke that company is. DO NOT get sucked into their lies. They will say anything up front and then last minute, throw on additional fees.

12th of May, 2009

This company are scam artists and im afraid to say I got suckered by them.

• Mo
      15th of May, 2009

I got scammed with this company as well. Paid them $995 back in January and they did nothing. As a matter of fact they were very rude. They actually called my current Mortgage company and yelled at them. They told them that I was too incompetent to handle my own loan. They were so rude that my current mortgage company called me to let me know they would not take anymore calls from them ever. Luckily prior to all of this I had already been contacting my mortgage company on my own and was able to obtain an offer for a loan modification. I spoke to a supervisor at Infinity Group Services named Scott Dormaier who also told me they worked very hard on my loan and would not refund my money. That is a bunch of lies. I filed a complaint with the BBB and I am planning on filing a complaint with the Department of Real Estate as well! Never work with this company, try calling your lender yourself, most are willing to work with you.

• Ta
      21st of May, 2009

seems like this company messed with the wrong guy. Its a website specifically aimed at those who were ripped off by Infinity Group Services... http://igsripoff.com/

• Ta
      21st of May, 2009

GO TO http://igsripoff.com and tell your story. Infinity Group Services needs to be stopped before they do this to someone else.

• Fe
      29th of May, 2009

Complete con artists. They truely live up the the stigma of ### MORTGAGE GUYS. Use another company. They have not refunded my money despite it being 90 days and promising to do so countless times.

• Fe
      29th of May, 2009

Complete ### MARTAGE GUYS. No refund. Complete run around. SCAM. Plain and simple - stay away - use someone else.

They live up to the stigma of the ### MORTGAGE GUYS!!!

1st of Jun, 2009

It's been over 2-weeks since I've heard back from anyone at IGS. I'm in the process of having my mortgage refincanced with IGS.

First, they gave me a rate and fees much higher than expected because they claimed my credit score was lower than expected. I was able to downoload my credit scores from Free Credit Report. Com to prove that I have excellent credit. IGS then sent a revised Good Faith Estimate and mentioned that they are waiting for Fannie Mae to release funds before they can complete my refinance.

I've tried contacting my representitive over the past two weeks but I have not received a call back. I'm getting a sunken felling that I've been ripped-off. My experience mirrors the complaints shown on this site. And of course, IGS withdrew the $995 fees almost immediately. Is there a class action lawsuit we can make to recuperate our money?

• Mo
      2nd of Jun, 2009

Angry in VC,
    Let me know if you pursue a class action suit, I would be very interested. I have been unable to get a refund from them. I even tried to dispute the charges but my credit card company said we signed a contract where IGS stated no guarantees, so they were unable to go after them for my refund.

• La
      10th of Jun, 2009

Please contact Pamela at pbozanich@yahoo.com. We need to join forces to file a class action suit. I have an attorney looking into this and the more plaintiff's the better.

• Fr
      28th of Jun, 2009

I was also scammed! I was promised a 30 year fixed at 4.625% and even signed the loan docs. I made several calls to the company to cinfirm the loan was funded and eventually received a call that the loan was not and that the rate expired. They would not refund my money. I'm callin teh Nicholas & Butler Attorney in San Diego at Cathy's request and have writted several letters complaining about the scam. Anyone have any luck with the Attorney service I mentioned above?

Fred

28th of Jun, 2009

I am a plaintiff on the class action. Right now I believe the attorneys are gathering all the documents together. Welcome aboard but sorry to hear you were ripped off as well.

28th of Jun, 2009

I had the exact same experience as Monica. A total scam and Joseph Coonens and Jaime Ruiz should be ashamed of themselves. But we have a class action coming so when I told Jaime that he hasn't heard the last of me I wasn't lieing.

• Mr
      29th of Jul, 2009

The IGS ReFI division is no longer running ads on my local station. Next I expect them to disappear or go out of business with our money,

DIG!! find every references to any divisions of IGS and file a complaint with the provider. I told a national Reverse mortgage database about my problem with IGS ReFI and they pulled IGS from there Reverse Mortgage providers list.

Lets make the parent company clean up the mess or pay the price!!!

19th of Aug, 2009
    Infinity Group Services - Loans/Refi
    Infinity Group Services
    Irvine
    California

I believe they have either changed there phone number or they are temporarily out of business !!! lol finally

• Em
      25th of Aug, 2009
    Infinity Group Services - Did not honor rate
    Infinity Group Services
    California

IGS offered a 30 year fixed at 4.875% and when it came time to sign papers, they said the rates went up and could not honor the rate. I asked for my $995 back and now they dont return calls.

• Ha
      2nd of Sep, 2009

I got trapped twice. Since, I had my loan process started, I thought that I shall give them a chance to deliver at the current rate. It started with Kirk Smith; offer: 4 7/8% at 1.5points and the loan will be delivdered by the July end. It never happened. These guys have collected $995 from thousands of us and lived lavish life, running the scam. It seems that they are gone for good. There are no one picking the phone and no one returning the emails.
    Hahun Huntington Beach