Infinity Auto Insurance / did not pay all the bill for car rental!

1 Los Angeles, CA, United States Review updated:

My boyfriend was rear-ended by a driver who is insured by Infinity. We immediately contacted them and they sent an adjuster to write an estimate. When he came over to my house to look at my car he wrote the estime the cheapest possible, he even missed a part from the car. He also said they were going to replace my baby's car seat that was in the car at the time of the accident. The adjuster also said that we could take the car to any shop of our choice for repairs (by law, you can take to any body shop). The total estimate was a little over 2, 000.00.

About a week later I received the check. I didn't want to cash it because I knew that if I did and the repairs were to cost more a wouldn't be able to collect any additional money from them. I took my car to a shop of my choice for the repairs. They wrote the estimate for a little over 4, 000.00. The shop said my car had to be in the shop for almost 1 month. I gave the uncashed check that I received from Infinity to the shop and they said they were going to request the rest from them. Infinity sent the adjuster to the shop to review the new estimate and approved everything.

I also requested a rental car from them because I didn't have another car to move around. Infinity said I had to use Hertz Car Rental. I went to go pick up the rental car and they asked for a credit card because they couldn't release a car without a credit card. I gave them my credit card info and asked if they were going to charge it and they said only if the insurance company didn't pay on time.

My car was ready from the shop a few days earlier than expected. I picked it up as soon as it was ready. Infinity payed for all the repairs but did not want to pay for the car seat and I didn't argue on that. But Infinity only payed the car rental for about 2 weeks and Hertz had to charge my credit card for 289.00 which is another 14 days. I called them immediately and they blamed it on the shop that they took too long on the car. I contacted the shop and the estimator said Infinity took about a week to go over there to see the car and new estimate. Then the shop couldn't find a used part and contacted the adjuster and he told him to keep on looking that they didn't want to replace for a new part. It took a few days to find the used part. Infinity does not want to accept that they prolonged the repairs. They expect for me to pay. I have been calling the adjuster and his supervisor and both do not answer my calls and messages. Hopefully I get paid or else I will take this case to small claims court. All I want is my rental car money.

This company has the worst service and they are very rude. They try to scare the people, but they are not scaring me. They talk a lot of BS. Stay away from them.

Im

Comments

• Ro
      16th of Apr, 2008

I am having the same problem with them, It took 6 weeks to fix my car and they only paid for 4 week. Which is against the law, I will be filing a complaint with Insurance board. My body shop is backing me up all the way on this. And there are still problems with my car and has to go back for more repairs.
    But what gets me is SOMEONE should of let me know when they stop paying for the rental car...
    So anyways we are fighting the same battle as you.

• As
      7th of Mar, 2012

I am also having a similar problem. I was in a car accident and an appraisor came to my house and gave me an estimate. They told me I could go to any body shop I wanted. When I took it to a bodyshop they told me it would cost more than the car was worth. They faxed all this information to Infinity and to send someone to appraise the car again. . Well it's been a month now and I've called the adjuster and her manager several times, but they never answer. I keep leaving messages but they never call me back or the bodyshop. I had never been in a car accident before and the autobody shop told me they would arrainge everything with the insurance. Now I'm afaid that I'm going to be stuck with the storage fee, which is not cheap. And here is the kicker, I have infinity insurance too, so when I call my insurance adjuster she tells me I need to talk to the other driver's adjuster. I'm their cliant too and I feel like they are not helping me any other way. This is a nightmare!

• As
      7th of Mar, 2012

I am also having a similar problem. I was in a car accident and an appraiser came to my house and gave me an estimate. They told me I could go to any body shop I wanted. When I took it to a body shop they told me it would cost more than the car was worth. They faxed all this information to Infinity and to send someone to appraise the car again. . Well it's been a month now and I've called the adjuster and her manager several times, but they never answer. I keep leaving messages but they never call me back or the body shop. I had never been in a car accident before and the auto body shop told me they would arrange everything with the insurance. Now I'm afraid that I'm going to be stuck with the storage fee, which is not cheap. And here is the kicker, I have infinity insurance too, so when I call my insurance adjuster she tells me I need to talk to the other driver's adjuster. I'm their client too and I feel like they are not helping me any other way. This is a nightmare!