INE*GrantSearch / being charged for services not rendered

im being charged 39.95 for a product that i have never heard of and supposedly ordered a cd or something that cost me both 1.oo and 1.29 go figure im not the only person out there getting screwed by these people.

Be

Comments

• Li
      5th of Jun, 2008
    INE*GrantSearch - Checking account charge
    INE*GrantSearch
    Virginia

I am getting charged $7.95 out of my checking account. I have no idea what is for and how I got signed up for it. I have no information to contact these people to have to stopped. Any help would be appreciated.

The charge shows up on my bank statement as:

PURCHASE

lindafaulk@verizon.net
    lindafaulk613@aol.com

• Ph
      11th of Jun, 2008

I had the same experience! I was checking my bank account online and I saw a charge for 1.29; the next day 1.00 and then one week later 39.95. I called their 'customer service' number and after 30 minutes of trying to communicate with the lady who barely spoke English, she said she would transfer me to a supervisor and I was disconnected. Next step- call my bank!

• Sh
      11th of Jun, 2008

I asked for the cd to learn more about the program and didnt get it ($1.29 and $100) Then they charged me for the program, which I didnt get cd to inroll in the program. I call the bank and saif they would have to get with them to refund back on the account, but the bank said they coulnt do nothin till they refund . I called on monday 6-2-08and they said they will refund my $1.29 and $1.00 and $39.95 and to this day they havent. When they took out for the $39.95 they bounced my account in fact they bounced the others too.

• St
      13th of Jun, 2008

The same thing just happened to me. I ordered the CD (hadn't received it yet) and was billed 39.95 for being a member of the program. I called and a barely speaking english woman said that the 39.95 is non-refundable. My account was overdrawn as well!

• Da
      15th of Jun, 2008

I agree wholeheartily with the complaint as presented. I have been charged not only$2.95 which was the front to get my credit card number but also the the $39.95 plus $9.95 plus $7.95 which is pending processing. To dispute the charges is a very long and drawn out process via the the credit card company. There is no address, phone number, email address or contact information whatsoever, in the billing documentation other than a MCC code (merchant commercial code )and the State. To date all I know is that I have not recieved any material, via email or written or by any other means concerning any grant data base that is mentioned in the reply above. I will contact the above customer service department and seek a resolution. There may be thousands of unweary and not so knowlegable patrons on the internet that have fallen victim to this same and unfortunate senario . I monitor my credit card transactions daily and it is recommended that others do so to keep predatory legitimate scams as the one above from legally preying on the hopes and desires of those desiring to attain the American Dream.

• En
      21st of Jun, 2008

I agree completely with the complaint: I NEVER received any of the material promised, and my credit card has been charged for both the $39.95 for: PURCHASE INE*GRANTSEARCH800 05/28 (no phone number or contact info) and for $ 9.95: PURCHASE NW-AG.COM 800-418- 06/13 (no phone numebre either).
    SCAM, SCAM... SCAM!

• Ir
      22nd of Jun, 2008

I have had the same thing to happen to me. I need the phone number you called so I can request the refund of the $39.95 and also the monthly charge of $7.95. I am going to have my bank stop these automatic deductions from my account as well. I purchased the cd for $1. The cd arrived, but I was unable to pull up any information. What a rip off.

• Du
      24th of Jun, 2008
    INE*GrantSearch - Unauthorized charges to my account
    INE*GrantSearch
    Nevada
    Phone: 800-479-0979

My wife needed a pair of expensive hearing aids and I thought perhaps I could get some help paying for them. Unfortunately, it appears that they only want your credit card number so that they can keep adding unauthorized charges to my credit card account. I'll likely have to cancel my card and start over to get rid of their phony charges.

• Da
      26th of Jun, 2008

I just received my credit card bill and I was aghast at what I saw. However, I called the number on my statement and was able to resolve every charge at 1-800479-0979. Although, I tried to use the UT number with no success, I simply called the number listed here again and was able to resolve the rest. They gave me confirmation numbers for $39.95, $7.95, and the $9.95. I do think it is bad that we can't trust anybody these days just for some honest info. My personal opinion is that they are betting on those who are not paying attention or are passive and not trusting themselves to check every concern and investigate it. I'm sure we all been there at some time or another. At least most of us have.

• Ba
      27th of Jun, 2008

Same thing happened to me. didn't get CD and keep getting charged. Cancelling it is impossible and not to mention getting a refund. Yeah right. It got so bad I had to cancell my Credit Card. Thankfully I didn't put it on my Card that is attached to my Checking Account. Just to give heads up make sure that they didn't give your info. to any other companies that are charging you for things you never signed up for. It happened to me. What can we actually do about it???

27th of Jun, 2008

I can't believe you people are so damn stupid!!! Your looking for a easy way to get money and then you get charged its kinda ironic in a way.. quit looking for free money and go get a damn job!

• Aa
      8th of Jul, 2008

WHAT A SCAM. I am in debt to who ever started this site. My bank account was charged $39.95 x 2 and I never received the $1.95 CD I had a originally signed up for. I too had no idea what the charges were for. Thanks to this web page, 1/2 my money has been refunded.

• Ru
      20th of Jul, 2008
    INE*GrantSearch - Unauthorized charges
    North Carolina

I was charged $39.95 on my account that was unauthorized. I am contacting my bank and also the BBB to make sure this does not happen again. There is a phone number on my account beside their name that I am going to call and complain to also. There are enough crooks in this world without adding more. They were only authorized to charge $2.29 and no more. I have my receipt showing that. If they do not rectify this I will take measures to ensure they don't get any more.
    For anyone else out there that does not have their number here it is. 1-800-479-0800.

• Ca
      20th of Jul, 2008

I thought I would check this out for my son. 1st they charged me $1. Then the $1.29. Now for 2 months 39.95. This needs to stop.

• Ry
      22nd of Jul, 2008

I apologize for any misunderstanding regarding the services you've been receiving from our company. There are no commitments with the free product. However, there is a bonus free trial period to membership websites that accompanies the free CD and we do our best to disclose this as it is stated 4 times throughout the ordering process - on the sales page, the order page, the confirmation, it is then also explained in the 1st paragraph of the Terms and Conditions of the offer. We offer the trial periods to give our clients a chance to use the service and see the value of it for themselves before they are billed for it. The trial periods are free for 7-30 days from the order date depending on which bonuses apply. We would not have charged you had you called customer service and canceled during the trial period. It is not our desire to bill clients who do not want the membership after the free trial offer. That is why we have the Terms and Disclosures posted on the sales site directly above or below the "Ship My Kit" Button depending on the site you order from.

Here are the Terms and Disclosures that is directly below or above (depending on the site you order from) the "Ship My Kit" Button.

Terms and Disclosures. By clicking "Submit", I am ordering the Grant Master CD™ and trial membership for $1.29 for Shipping and $1.00 for Handling/Insurance, after the 7 day trial I will be charged $39.95 a month thereafter if I do not cancel. I also agree to the 14 day and 21 day bonus trials to Express Business Funding™ and Network Agenda™ for $7.95 a month and $9.95 a month thereafter, should I choose not to cancel. I have read and agree to the Privacy Policy & Terms & Conditions. Charges will appear on credit/debit statements as "Easgrant1". For questions, call 800-479-0979.

For customer service you may call 800-479-0979 and they'll be happy to assist you.

The Information on our Grant Master CD is general information that you can find for free on the internet. We have gathered the information and put it on an easy to access and navigate CD for your PC. This saves our clients the time and let’s face it frustration of having to search out this information on their own. That is why our Grant Master CD is free and you only pay $2.29 for the Shipping and Handling. Along with the Grant Master CD you receive a 7 day free trial to our Grant Resource Center. This is our members website were you will be able to learn the entire process on how to write and submit a grant proposal. It is easy to start utilizing the Grant Resource Center by simply watching the tutorial videos that explain how to access all of the features on the site. Our team of writers headed by acclaimed Grant expert Dr. Porter provides a monthly cover story that provides the newest information on grants and grant related topics. We also provide a quarterly news letter that provides in-depth information on current trends in government and private funding. As well as the latest financial advice on how to find and manage grant money. You will be able to search grants through multiple grant sources. You can search for Federal, State, and Private Grants you can also search for Scholarships. Another exclusive feature of our Grant Resource center is that you can enroll in the Grant A Day program where a Grant is given out daily. In three easy steps you can apply for the Grant a Day program and you will be eligible for it as long as you are a member of the Grant Resource Center. Here is the link to our testimonials site http://members.ravenmediainc.com/granttestimonials/ were you can read what some of our successful clients had to say about our program. Another feature we offer is our live one on one chat representatives. They are available to answer any questions you have along the way. All these features and more are designed to help you be successful in locating, applying for, and receiving a grant. The information that is offered through the Grant Resource Center website is more extensive than what other companies sell in coaching programs that cost a thousand dollars or more. So we feel that we are offering our clients the best value in the industry. We offer all this for a reasonable monthly fee of $39.95. Ordering our Grant Master CD also includes two fast action bonuses. The first fast action bonus is for Express Business Funding (EBF) which has a 14 day free trial. This program is designed to help customers through each step necessary to obtain a loan for a small business. This includes researching and putting together a business plan, presenting that plan to the SBA, filling out a loan application, and anything else that may be needed along the way. After the trial period, it is a reduced monthly membership fee of $7.95 because you are already a member of another of our programs. The second fast action bonus is a 21 day free trial for Network Agenda an affiliate company. That offers an online date book service that will allow you to keep track of your daily schedule and will even send you reminders to your email and or cell phone. After the 21 day free trial the service is $9.95 a month membership fee. We offer these trial periods to give our clients a chance to use our service and see the value of it for themselves before they are billed for it.

If you are another customer reading this and you can contact our customer service department at 800-479-0979 and they will be happy to assist you. If you've already tried our customer service department and feel like you weren't treated fairly please contact me ASAP and I will address your concern immediately. Please email me at ryanr@wskc.org or call me directly at 435-773-1795 and I would be happy to address your concerns ASAP.

Sincerely,
    Ryan R.

• Al
      31st of Aug, 2008

this is such a mess i orginally asked for the free c.d. and agreeded to pay 1.29 for shipping i have since been charged 39.95 and 9.95 and 1.25 over 6 times on a daily basis and i don't see any end in sight i've posted complaints but as of today i haven't received any of my money back i can't believe how these people get away with this.

• Gi
      18th of Sep, 2008

I have been charged several times the $39.95 for NOTHING! I want to cancel what everservice I am being charged for!!!

• Cy
      21st of Nov, 2008

I have experienced the same - 1-800-479-0979 does get you off the account. I recvd nothing in the mail. I found the number and info. at www.center4grants.com that is how it appeared on my acct statement.