Indymac Bank 2nd Mortgage / harassing calls

1 MI, United States Review updated:

I have had a second mortgage with this company, and have never been 30 days late - which is what is reportable as late on credit in the Mortgage Industry. I have only exceeded the 15 day grace period 1 time.
Since the bank was siezed by the FDIC I have begun to receive calls daily about my account after being only 5 days past the due date, and still within the grace period.
I have complained to them as this is harassing. I am told that they can call me daily and that the call is an attempt to collect on a debt.
Is this practice legal?
I do not get calls from my primary lender ever and use the same practice.

Comments

• Mj
      6th of Apr, 2009

I have the same problem and it is ridiculous! They call 10 times a day when it is in the grace period. We have never been late and always pay more. My primary bank has never called in the grace period which is almost every month now. How does Indymac get away with such harrassment. I tell everyone stay away from them!

• Ri
      16th of Jan, 2010

The same thing is happening to me. They began calling when I was 7 days late and would not quit, even after I talked to a supervisor.
    Now they have begun to harrass me about a NSF check. I called my regular bank and they agreed that no NSF check is listed on my account. Further, I can look back on my statements and see that no check has bounced. They continue to harrass even after I explained all this to Indymac.

Richard Adkins