Individual Seller / craigslist deleting account

I have experienced continuous flagging and deleting on craigslist of legitimate ads, placed within parameters of frequency, in sales, for merchandise and only that which I as a private person own and would like taken off my hands for some remuneration. In trying to find out why the ads were deleted, my account was placed on hold without explanation. As I cannot access my account to log in, I also cannot access the help line for some kind of human answer, such as one might get on forum, but where I often read a succession of unintelligible dribble in conversational form. So the lesson is clear, make waves and you get chopped, sit quietly and take it and be a good little boy or girl and nothing wil happen to you. I have appealed to craigslist to make the flagging process more accountable... make the flagger sign in, set up a verification word, and an explanation of why. Just one person can do a lot of damage if he has two accounts, a functioning index finger and a lot of time on his hands to sit around flagging and deleting for fun, or to eliminate competition, or to assure a product he might be considering is removed from the view of others. Alas, the latter has rarely been the case for me, as no follow-up inquiries have been received. But my appeals have fallen on deaf ears, clearly CL doesn't give a damn. I just wish some other organization would arise using the CL model for just sales, for sale, wanted, barter, etc. No jobs, apartments, chatrooms and personals, nothing erotic, just sales and for free items. From my mouth to God's ear...amen.

Comments

23rd of Dec, 2010

Dear Oceaneast -

I have had IDENTICAL PROBLEMS with CL - that you have had. I have written a complaint on here [that has been attack by a few of this site's TROLLS] - that also suggests a way that we can ALL get together and CReate Ad sites in our own States that will be an Alternative to CL.

My complaint was ATTACKED so often that it went up to the FIRST line of Craigslist complaints.

This is the title of my complaint ::

Substandard People Who Have Been Given Management Of Craiglist.

As most people of sufficient education know, who have used Craig's List ((that is craigslist.org )) - the power-management craigslist SITE TOOLS have been entrusted to poorly educated, rude people who are able to PREVENT those whom they have taken a dislike to from EVEN BEING ABLE TO GET AN AD TO POST ON CRAIGSLIST.ORG .

I assume that this is done from having allowed these low IQ weasels to have a site tool that can read and BAR any Individual permanent computer ID from the site.

If that PREVENTION TO POST tool is not the one these types are using on you - then they use an AD DELETION TOOL to DELETE your ad from the site 'CLAIMING' THAT 'OTHERS' HAVE 'FLAGGED YOU OFF FOR VIOLATION OF THE TOU ( Terms Of Use ) -
    Or sometimes they will 'SPECULATE' THAT SOME PEOPLE "JUST DIDN'T LIKE YOUR AD" for one reason or another and 'Flagged ' you off.

After changing and REPOSTING YOUR AD 5 TO 6 TIMES, ONE BEGINS TO REALIZE THAT THIS IS A LIE. No one is actually "FLAGGING" Your AD - it's just that some hooligan-level mind with Craigslist Deletion tools has BEEN DELETING YOUR AD.

HAVE YOU NOTICED THAT ALL CRITICISM OF FLAGGERS ON CRAIG'S LIST IS ALWAYS DELETED ? ? ? DOES THAT MAKE SENSE ? NO. THEY ARE SIMPLY LYING AND ARE TERRIFIED TO ALLOW OTHER PEOPLE WHO HAVE NOT BEEN DELETED YET - TO SEE THEM ACCURATELY CRITICIZED..

CRAIG HIMSELF - EITHER NO LONGER CARES OR JUST DOESN'T HAVE THE TIME TO INSURE THAT HIS "LIST" - (((( WHICH AT ONE TIME WAS THE BEST THING ON THE NET )))) IS CONTINUING TO BENEFIT PEOPLE AND TREATING ALL POSTERS FAIRLY.

SO I AM STARTING ANOTHER LIST - *AN ALTERNATIVE TO CRAIGSLIST* - THAT WILL BEGIN FROM PARTS OF STATES IN THE UNITED STATES - UNTIL EACH STATE IS MOSTLY COVERED AND THEN WILL HAVE EACH STATE CONNECT TO THE OTHER 49 STATES.

YOU CAN HELP ME DO THIS BY 'FRIENDING' ME ON FACEBOOK ON THE MARK GORDON Facebook page - From where I am beginning a Southern New Hampshire page. So Search for the 'Mark Gordon' from Manchester, NH on Facebook and Join me in creating a NEW and FRIENDLY ALTERNATIVE TO craigslist. THANKS, MARK

You can write me at gordonmark5@yahoo.com