Indiatimes & Wespro / Aiptek 8800 / Defective Digital Camera from fraud Indiatimes shoping site!

1 India Review updated:

I had purchased one Digital Camera (Aipitek DV 8800) online from Indiatimes shopping site and the Seller of the Product is Wespro Corporation Mumbai and the cost of the product was rupees [protected]) with bill & warranty. I got the delivery of the product on 5th of October but after 10 - 12 days Camera had stop working. Then I contact the customer support of the Wespro Corporation So then they ask me to send back the product for replacement and within 7 days I will get my product back. I had done the same and send it through courier and it was under 21 days when i got the delivery. But now after 55 days I am still waiting for camera and even after 20 days they asked me about my shipping address and after they said we don't have the same product, which you have purchased earlier and now you can choose another product of our company. Then I had chosen the product, which had the less, cost then the first product. In this case they said we will give you your money back. But now after so many commitments from their side I did not get my product back. I have call them near about the hundred times always they said that within two days you will get your product back & I am not sure when their 2 day will end .....then i contact to the india times .... they assure me that i get my product as soon as possible or if I want cancel the Order so I an do it. ....Then i canceled the order in this case i had to get my money back As per the indiatimes but today 19/12/2006 i got the mail from indiatimes that seller sending the same product ....from which i was dissatisfied and indiatimes cannot cancel it. They are just imposing me the Product which i had cancelled as per the rules and regulations .. Now indiatimes said do whatever you want we cant do any thing in your case go for consumer court....now i am feeling the big fool that i have purchased product from indiatimes... i am advising you people don't purchase any thing online or from fraud!

Sites like indiatimes....i am going in Consumer court Now please who also suffer this type of thing through indiatimes should also go for consumer court.....i am very frustrated and faced mental tension too.

Manish Sharma
System Executive
NIIT -Tech (British Airways)
[protected]
Service that Matter for people who value How they fly

Comments

• Wh
      16th of Apr, 2008

Hi, just don't buy aiptek again, and warn everyone you know about these piece of junk cameras. I to was unfortunate enough to purchase an aiptek and when I tried dealing directly with aiptek I was insulted, my life was threatened, and then hung up on. Shocked I called back and asked to speak with a manager. Who was not quite as rude. but refused to take any action against his employee. Since then i have been looking around on the net. It seems this company has a long history of bad business practices.

• Mr
      30th of Nov, 2008

I fully agree. No one should buy any product from India Times in the name of WESPRO. I too bought a digital camera ( Model - Premier DC 2302) at exhorbitant price. It does evey thing except taking the snap / recording a video clip. and I do not any person to approach to for attending the proble. The problem appeared soon after warranty.

What is the use of such product. Initially, they will advertise waning products and then, will not provide a ny after sales service.

• Vj
      19th of Aug, 2009

ALL WESPRO PRODUCTS SUCK>.. i unfortunately bought its dual mobile nd within a month the screen cracked, ...the technical agent of theirs said it can even get damaged via keeping it in the vaulet/ or pants ...

WTF...plz dont deal with wespro nd home shop ever...

regards,