Indiatimes Shopping / Payment fraud

1 India Review updated:

I bought a mobile phone from Indiatimes shopping ( order DEL02052314). The product was courier delivered with invoice from some some fake appearing company. The invoice is unsigned and payment mode is written as cash. Though the payment was made by cheque to Times Internet Ltd.

No warranty card is sent. Invoice does not bear my name.

This is clear case of fraud by indiatimes.

I intend to initiate a legal action as the case is very clear. Cheque is collected by the company and some fake agents are asked to deliver products on which illegal tax saving is made.This is GREY Market operation by indiatimes.

Can anyone help me know what other options we can initiate to expose them. Can I seek compensation too?

Comments

• Sw
      6th of Jun, 2007
    Indiatimes Shopping - Double charged!
    India

I have purchased an AIPETK 3MP Digital camera + Video on date 4th February 2017 through Times of India shopping, Mumbai edition.  My order No: - MUM06021119, ORDER ACCEPTANCE NO:- 110513677 (Which I got through mail by Times of India itself).

 I wanted to purchase it through credit card for that I have given them my credit card number and the number behind my credit card. And the total amount including delivery charges is [Rs.2995+Rs.250=Rs.3245/- all inclusive]. They took my address and phone numbers.

 One day later they told me that as I am staying at Gujarat and the advertise was on Mumbai edition, they need an address of Mumbai only. Therefore I gave them my brother’s address of Navi Mumbai. Again they told me that I have to pay through cash on delivery. I did what they wanted.[They got cash from my brother ] to verify this You can call them on my name ask whether there system is showing that they have got money through cash on delivery or not, each time they will tell you that there system is showing cash on delivery.

 But after getting the cash they also credited money through my credit card of ICICI Bank. I came to know about this after 25 days when got my credit card statement. I complained against this to Times of India for several times (minimum 25 times) and my last complain number was: - 176804, on date 14th may 2017.

 Each time they promise me to solve the problem but not yet solved. Once I got a call from their side and that person again asked for my credit card number, he told me that within two to three days everything will be solved all the amount will be reverted from my credit card.

 But after 3 days again I got another credit card statement bearing the same amount with late payment fee plus taxes and other charges which is more than Rs.700/-. I talked to the customer care executive of ICICI bank credit card; they told me that they did not get any information about reverting of the charges.

Since the month of February we (I and my husband), are very much disturbed due to this. It is already too late for complaining again and now we don’t have patience or faith on neither Times of India people nor ICICI bank employees. Both are not considering us.

Stay away form this store!

19th of Sep, 2007
    Indiatimes Shopping - Shabby Dealing
    India

I'll never again buy or advise to buy from them. I ordered a dvd player from Indiatimes Shopping. It got delivered, but as it turned out, the piece was damaged, did not have a remote nor cord that connects it to the TV set. But here is the interesting thing. It had a handwritten letter from a gentleman by the name of Mr. Prajapati with the complaint that it had not been working and that he wanted a replacement for the same. He had put his rubber stamp on it with his name, address and phone number. I called him up and talked to him about his experience. He confirmed that he had not returned the remote and the cord.
    Next, I called up Indiatimes and lodged a complaint. It is the usual story with them…someone will call you up and talk about the refund…it will take 48-72 hours…if they did not call up, call us back with the complaint number that they gave during the conversation….etc…etc…

I advise everyone to steer clear of this and other so called biggies or reputed organizations and buy only what you can inspect, are reasonably sure the gadget will work fine and can get reliable service for it if needed.

• Me
      30th of Jan, 2010
    Indiatimes Shopping - Incorrect product / no refund
    indiatimes
    India

I had ordered for Sempr 4 pc bathroom set paying around 2017 Rs. However I have received some random 4 plastic glass which must not be worth Rs 50 also. I had called Indiatimes multiple times regarding the same this week and was kept jugling between the vendor and you people. I was also given a complaint number saying that someone will call and have my incorrect item picked up and get it replaced. But till date I have got no response regarding the same. It has been a very painfull experience shopping with you and the customer service is absolutely unfriendly and of no help. Never shop with them couse you will only end up wasting your time, effort and money. They are latest fraud company.

• Sn
      13th of Feb, 2010

Hello,

My name is Sneha and I also become cheated by indiatimes...I ordered two items and i didn't get it so far..Now its about one month..In that it shows payment verified...No other status..When I mailed there is no response...Tried to call, i didn't get the proper reply...You people know, I made shopping from Sunsim, rediff and tradus also..All the others, sunsim was the best..Its because they called me 5 times to verify that I got that product and also they delivered it in time...In tradus case, there was no correspondence or mailing, they gave the product within two weeks without any notice...No calls also...In my experiences, I prefer sunsim.in and all others made me little bit tensions and indiatimes made me cheat...

• Fa
      21st of Jul, 2010
    Indiatimes Shopping - 4 moths has gone, still I have not received the product
    Indiatimes Shopping
    indiatimes.com

On 17th January I have made a purchase on my credit card for a motorolla touch screen mobile and made the payment. They assured me to get it within a week. But already 4 moths has gone, still I have not received the product. So many times I have given complains but every time they are telling me that the courier person has deliver the product in wrong location. You will get the product within 5 days. But the same story happens.

• Mo
      26th of Jul, 2010
    Indiatimes Shopping - These guys are literally cheaters
    Indiatimes Shopping
    indiatimes.com

These guys are literally cheaters first i ordered Sanyo microwave oven the order was canceled after 13 days and they refunded the money. But even when i call their customer care several times. funniest thing is this the product sanyo microwave is still displayed on their website and ready for sale. Then i ordered for philips hdmi player and godrej microwave 18 days past what i can see is verified i called customer care several times but they can only do is pass your complaint and to whom they pass the complaint he never woke up means complaints goes to trash. my oreder no is 110771174, 110770116 Aug 23, 2017 Such a lousy service indiatimes gives one can’t think of it. I suggest never ever buy from indiatimes, ebay is far much better then this. I am planning to go in consumer court for this Publish in local news paper and taught them a lesson.

• Ha
      3rd of Sep, 2012

100% AGREED FOR ALL COMPLAINTS.
    IT IS MY HUMBLE ADVICE NOT TO BUY ANYTHING FROM INDIATIMES SHOPPING.
    THEY ARE ONLY FRAUD, WRONG COMMITMENTS, THEY TAKE MONEY, IF YOU ARE LUCKY THEY WILL REFUND OTHERWISE THEY WIL GET INTEREST FOR ALL MONEY YOU PAY & THIS IS THE WAY HOW THEY EARN THEIR BREADS.
    THEY SNACH OUR BREADS AND EAT. THESE ARE CALLED THEFTS, BEGGARS, ROAD SIDE PEOPLES.

• Ku
      30th of Mar, 2013
    Indiatimes Shopping - Regarding non delivery of product and wrong commitment
    indiatimes shopping

Respected sir/madam

my name is kuldeep dandotiya and i have placed an order for Voltas 1.5 Ton Split AC - Gold 3S-N on 16-Mar-2017 10:54 AM at indiatimes shopping and made payment of 24876 through my credit card against my order no 3002121119.
    As per delivery schedule product was supposed to get dispatch by 25th march and deliver by 29th march. when i called on 25th to confirm product dispatch details and they told me that we are unable to ship this product on your address (MIG 454 old housing board colony morena mp-476001) same time i have given my alternate address of gwalior and delhi and i told them to deliver product at my delhi address if there is delivery issue and while placing order i was confirmed that your area is serviceable and we will surely deliver product bt 29. On 30th march when i called to know that when i will get my product.
    customer care executive confirmed me that the product will shipped by Monday and after that i got a call from their department that the product is out of stock. i have purchased product for my sister's marriage and now after 15 days company is denying to deliver product strange but now i am helpless. kindly help me out as they are providing handsome discount offers to attract customers and once they receive payment then they have full right to take any decision and these companies are playing with the customers money and emotions according to them, they are just making money by cheating with customers and it is happening because there is no proper act or regulatory in india to stop all these. i am very depressed and even i am not able to face my family as i told them not to buy ac from market because i have already purchased. i am ready to file case against the company and i have all the screen shot, voice recordings and confirmation mail.please help me out.

thanks and regards