Indiatimes Shopping / Refund of money against order cancellation

1 India Review updated:

Based on the offer given in the Mumbai Mirror, I had booked HP All-in-one printer model 4355 and 1 GB Pen Drive vide the order reference MUM3011611 dated 30th November 2006 on phone.

I received HP Business Inkjet Printer model 1000 along with 512 MB Pen Drive and 400 VA UPS by me on 7th December 2006 from M/s Ingram. On seeing the merchandise I found that the merchandise is not the one that I had ordered. I had lodged complaint on the helpline No. [protected] on 8th December 2006 and the Complaint Number given to me was 44005. Since then I had been pursuing with helpline people on phone every second / third day. I was getting only standard answers that my complaint has been forwarded to the concerned department and someone would get in touch with me in next 48 hours.

I had also communicated through the text message on the website (Ticket No. 257561 dated 18/12/06, Ticket No. 258937 dated 26/12/06, Ticket No. 260450 dated 3/1/07, 5/1/07, 9/1/07. 11/1/07, 12/1/07 and 15/1/07 and from their also I received a stereo type communication that my complaint is forwarded to the concerned department and someone would get in touch with me within next 48 hours. These 48 hours stretched into more than 2 ½ months without any solution. Finally with great persuation around mid-February ’07 I was informed that I should send back the merchandise and can cancel my order.

I had returned back the merchandise through AFL vide their Airway Bill No. [protected] dated 15/2/07 and had informed the helpline number on 17/2/07 and I was given cancellation No. 112199 dated 17/2/07. I was informed that I would be getting my refund within next 7 days. On inquiring on 1/3/07 I am being informed that the order cancellation was done erroneously. My order cannot be cancelled since the merchandiser is not willing to accept the rejection as the execution of the order from his side is as per the communication received from Indiatimes Shopping. The said complaint has been registered as complaint No. 125002 dated 1/3/07. Since then I have been pursuing the matter with helpline center but again the same stereo type responses I am receiving that my complaint has been forwarded to concerned department and someone would get in touch with me in next 72 hours. Recently someone got in touch with me to communicate that the order cannot be cancelled because the merchandiser is not accepting the cancellation. The person has not even gone thru the communications that I had sent and have understood the background. I am spending my time and energy in pursuing for refund of my money that indiatimes is enjoying.

All my efforts to know from the helpline people to go beyond them to get this issue resolved is stonewalled by not providing any other information.

This is the way this organization who is a part of a reputed group conducts its business. The Print media company talks of India Poised for future and one of its group company is contributing in this manner towards the India Poised campaign.

Why this kind of harassment is happening from a reputed group company.

Why the customer is penalized for the errors committed by the employees of the organization.

I am looking forward this is read by the concerned persons and immediate action is taken to refund my money.

Comments

An
  15th of Mar, 2007

Refund the money this is the only solution. And nothing else.

An
  16th of Mar, 2007

I had made purchases of about Rs.7900 on Indiatimes during the cash back scheme period. I was to get a gift voucher of 15% of this value by 15th February. Repeated reminders to indiatimes have not been met with bad responses, but NO responses.

I recommended all those thinking of using this site to make purchases to immediately cancel their plans or prepare to suffer for a LONG time!

Anyone else sharing the same fate on 15% cashback offer?

Gu
  15th of Aug, 2007

On an ad.in Times of India dt.3-10 -06,I ordered (110384717) for Sony Ericsoon Camera Phone, by paying Rs.3590/-vide Cheque No.335421, PNB Palsore(UT Chandigarh), which was encashed on 9/10/06. Phone was to be supplied within 15 working days from date of realization of payment or to refund the payment. By Dec., 06, neither phone was supplied nor the refund was made.Complaint was made on phone 1800-180.8800. Few inquiry phone were received and in Feb., 07 was assured to receive refund within a week's time, but nothing happened so far. Beware!

Ma
  25th of Apr, 2008

dear sir
my younger sister sujata sharma's indiatimes ID is www.sharma.sujata@indiatimes.com one day before her password is amit123sujata.but in this present time she's password & security Question is changed by other person. what is password/answer right now. pl. help me.

manoj kumar sharma
Alternate email is www.sharma_mk76@aol.in

Thanks

Gu
  27th of Jul, 2011

Very Bad service,
parcel lost,
very poor courier sercives, deliver to some one and do not know to whom the deliver.