Indiatimes Shopping / supply of defective products
CUSTOMERS ARE REQUESTED NOT TO BE LURED BY THE DAILY PROMO ADVTS BY INDIATIMES SHOPPING IN TOI/ET.
Disgusting to note that a group like Times is resorting to cheating customers.
Brief recap of my experience during last 5 months.
1. Purchased a Blackberry Storm handset for Rs 11389 from Indiatimes shopping vide order [protected] dt 17/3/11.
2. Faulty product delivered in end march for which complained lodged vide no 738842. After repeated phone calls and emails, I was asked to take replacement from their vendor as per their attached mail. Took physical replacement from their vendor in april during my visit to Mumbai.
3. Handset again broke down in early may and complaint lodged with Indiatimes. Handset was picked up by their courier agency and replaced after appx 3 weeks in may thru yr courier.
4. handset again stopped working in august and complaint lodged. Considering the frequent breakdowns with this product, Indiatimes was asked to cancel order and refund. Faulty product picked up by their courier on 26/8/11 and confirmation of order cancelled given vide no 301428. Refund promised after 2 working days.
5. The above details alongwith AWB no confirmed to Indiatimes customer care on 27/8/11 who promised refund in 2 working days after receipt of handset by vendor.Repeated follow ups with Indiatimes during this period. Followed up again on 19/7/11 for refund when I was shocked to hear from one Viren of cancellation deptt that this order cannot be cancelled because they do not have details of the replacement done in May in #3 above. This replacement was done thru Indiatimes and confirmed by them on 26/8/11, but am surprised to be told that this record does not exist in their system on 19/9/11!
It is shocking to see that a respected brand like Times has stooped to cheating customers by providing substandard products, fudging internal records and being completely insensitive to customers problems. The staff is insolent and possibly well trained in furthering these ulterior motives.
More Indiatimes Shopping Complaints & Reviews
- Indiatimes Shopping - Unacceptable time taken for delivery 
- Indiatimes Shopping - Payment fraud 
- Indiatimes Shopping - Received FAKE and DEFECTIVE product
- Indiatimes Shopping - Refund of money against order cancellation 
- Indiatimes Shopping - Indiatimes Shopping big cheater site
- Indiatimes Shopping - Non-delivery of the product 
- Indiatimes Shopping - Non Return of Refund
- Indiatimes Shopping - rude behaviour, incorrect order 
- Indiatimes Shopping - Fraud