Indiatimes / Terrible customer service

1 India Review updated:

I got very bad experiences with indiaTimes shopping. I placed two order through Indiatimes. The first order was canceled after 10 days citing "Out Of stock". The second order has been shipped 15 days back and i haven't yet received it. I have called customer care multiple times for no avail. When i asked them to at least cancel the order they took down the request. When I asked them by what date would I get my money back, they told me that - WITHIN 7 DAYS I WOULD BE TOLD ABOUT THE STATUS OF MY CANCELLATION REQUEST!!

They are ridiculous on top of being arrogant.

Ni

More Indiatimes Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Pi
      8th of Apr, 2007
    Indiatimes - Non delivery of defective product replacement
    India

The story sees to be everywhere same with indiatimes. I purchased a bluetooth headset. Their supplier Teknix supplied wrong model. I returned it, never got back the correct replacement. Atleast 15 e mails every time generating new complaint number promise response and action but I believe that Indiatimes is only for looting people and they are running a scam on internet shopping.

Shame on Indiatimes.

• Cr
      12th of Dec, 2007
    Indiatimes - Non delivery of product!
    Indiatimes online shopping
    www.indiatimes.com

On 8-10-2007 I have participated in online auction for a degital camara, on 9-10-2007 i received a mail stating that my bidding was confirmed (Order No.200298540) and Rs.12850 was deducted from my credit card, and the product would reach my address D.No.969, 25th A Cross, 2nd Sector, HSR Layout, Bangalore-34(Ph.No.91-9342513636), but I did not receive it so far. Inspite of hundreds of mails and calls to local (Karnataka state) customer care center; neither the product delivered to me or money returned. They sent me a POD of TNT Couriers showing some Saroja Reddy has signed and received the product; but I stay alone in my house; it has been clearly usurped or delivered in wrong address by the TNT Couriers delivery boy. Inspite of so much of correspondent the Indiatimes shopping people are shedding their responsibility just by saying that the product has been delivered in right address, though it is very clear that the signature of the product receiver is showing as Saroja Reddy but not Raja Shekar (ie.,me). Please assist me how can I claim back my money looted by India times shopping.

Indiatimes shopping is worst and most irresponsible on earth. I want to ### on their face, kick black and blue my making them nude on the road, as what they are doing is white collar robbery/looting by cheating the common public.

• Pr
      30th of Sep, 2008

hear sir
    i got a e mail from wipro as follows:

Company
    Determination. Constantly driving us to do more.
    Wipro InfoTech is the leading strategic IT partner for companies across India, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific - offering integrated IT solutions. We plan, deploy, sustain and maintain your IT lifecycle through our total outsourcing, consulting services, business solutions and professional services. Wipro InfoTech helps you drive momentum in your organization - no matter what domain you are in. Backed by our strong quality processes and rich experience managing global clients across various business verticals, we align IT strategies to your business goals. Along with our best of breed technology partners, Wipro InfoTech also helps you with your hardware and IT infrastructure needs. Wipro InfoTech is a part of USD 5 billion Wipro Limited (NYSE:WIT) with a market capitalization of USD 24 billion. The various accreditations that we have achieved for every service we offer reflect our commitment towards quality assurance. Wipro InfoTech was the first global software company to achieve Level 5 SEI-CMM, the world's first IT Company to achieve Six Sigma, as well as the world's first company to attain Level 5 PCMM. Currently, our presence extends to 9 regional offices in India besides offices in the KSA, UAE, Taiwan, Malaysia, Singapore, Australia and other regions in Asia-Pacific and the Middle East.

DEAR APPLICANT
    Ref: Selection and initial response of your Resume online.

It is our good pleasure to inform you that your Resume has been selected for our new plants in Delhi and Bangalore " WIPRO INDIA Ltd Unit - 4". The Company is the collaboration concern of "WIPRO India Ltd". Dealing in IT and Electronics manufacturing business in India. The Company offered you to join you as an: - "HRD Executive". ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT, PPC DEPARTMENT FRUNT OFFICE ASISTANCE.
    You are selected according to your resume in which Project you have worked on according to that you have been selected in Company.

Your interview will held on 10th of October. 2008 in DELHI.

You will be pleased to know that Company has advise you in the selection panel that your Application can be progress to final stage. You will come to Company corporate office in DELHI. Your offer latter with Air Ticket will be send to you by courier before date of interview.. You have to come with photo-copies of all required documents.
    First You have to deposit the (Cash) as an initial amount in favor of Company HRD. Department for Rs 4, 250/- through any UNION BANK OF INDIA Branch from your Home City to Company Senior HRD. Account NO-306102010904518 - Name of Mr.AMIT SHARMA. This is refundable interview security. Your offer latter with Air tickets will be send to your Home Address by courier after receiving the confirmation of interview security deposited in UNION BANK OF INDIA. All the expenditure will be paid by Company to you at the time of face to face meeting with you in Company. The Company can be offer you as salary with benefits for this post Rs. 20, 000/- to Rs.45, 000/- P.M + (HRA + D.A + Conveyance and other Company benefits. The designation and Job Location will be fix by Company HRD. At time of final process.

REQUIRED DOCUMENTS BY THE COMPANY HRD.

Photo-copies of Qualification Documents (Must)
    Photo-copies of Experience Certificates (If any)
    Photo-copies of Address Proof (Must)
    Passport Size Photo-graph (Must)

The Job profile, salary offer, and date -time of interview will be mention in your offer latter. Your offer latter will dispatch very shortly after receiving your confirmation of cash deposited in UNION BANK OF INDIA. The last date of interview security deposit in bank 29/09/2008 . We wish you the best of luck for the subsequent and remaining stage. You have to give the information after deposited the security money in bank to same Email ID Your offer latter will be dispatch same time after recd. the information of security deposited by email..

Thanks

HRD WIPRO
    YOU CAN CALL ANY TIME TO THIS NUMBER
    Corporate Office:Wipro InfoTech
    145-A BHGIRAT PALACE
    OKHALA NEW DELHI
    MR. Ashok Jain (Assistant Manager- HR)
    Talk to us :-09720455570

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 4:02 PM, wrote:

Dear teracom

You have received application from pragyan for the position of urgent requirement

Click here to view the Resume and download it in a Word format

Resume Summary

Title:cont. executive MBA in XIMB, Bhubaneswer

Professional Details
    Work Experience : 5 - 6
    Level : Junior - Executive, Assistant

Functional Area: Accounting/Tax/Company Secretary/Audit(Other Accounting)
    Current Employer : nagarjuna construction company limited

LINK ROAD,
    CUTTACK
    Mobile No. 09861564677
    Objective:
    To work in a professional organization, which believe in quality and value of its employees by providing working environment where they can be contribute the maximum achieving the goals of the organization and serve beyond your expectation.
    Skill Summary:
    Good communication skill, with provability to be a part of team, motivate colleague to perform better. Dedication to career and relentless pursuit to new challenges.
    Education Qualificaiton:
    * (a) Execuvive MBA in XIMB cont ...
    * (b) M.com Utkal University - 2007
    * (c) DISM APTECH Computer Education - 2000
    * (d) B.Com Ravenshaw College (ACCT) - 1998.
    * (e) I. Com Ravenshaw College - 1995
    * (f) 10 S.A.I.H.S.R - 1993

Professinal Experience:
    * (a) Presently working as SR Asst (Com.) in Nagarjuna Constructions Company Limited a till date.
    * (b) 2003-2005 as Finance executive in Kirti Industries Pvt. Ltd, Cuttack.
    * (c) 2000-2003 as senior Faculty cum Administration in STG International Ltd, Cuttack.

Extra Activity:
    Compute Software as well as Hardware.

Personal Information:
    Link Road,
    Cuttack
    Salary Earned : 12, 000 per month
    Salary Expected : 18, 000 per month

I wish to join the organization where learning opportunities are immense so that, I can exploit my knowledge and skill personality and p-professionally for the betterment of organization.

(Pragyan Dash)

Page 2 of 2

This is a www.TimesJobs.com resume.

the point is that they have taken my id from inditimes
    tell me what will i do after depositing the amount .as i have already deposited rs 4250.

please advice

pragyan dash

• Ap
      15th of Oct, 2009
    Indiatimes - Bad Refund policy and Cancellation
    shopping.indiatimes.com
    indiatimes.com

i ordered finidng nemo dvd on 4th october they charged my citi card and after more than week they cancelled my order(reason :out of stock) funny thing is they still has this dvd listed on their website to order
    ..i tried to email their customer servcie which is given in email(customerservice@indiatimes.co.in) but all my emial got delivery failure messages.and now they refunded in the form of india times gift voucher which is useless. as i dont have what i want their site and i dont need what they have. more over the cancellation was indiatimes fault so they should refund in the form of original payment..i tried to contact my citi bank in india they also helpless.i used my nri account to purchase.
    india times cheating customers by stealing their card info and makingg money out of them after that they are issuing gift voucher which, one should use on their website with in specified time .if you forget about card they make full profit.i dont know how to deal about this in india, hope my citi card will take care of this.. do we have any complaint boards which can take actual actions against such things(like BBB in usa). let em know if you guys have any more details. i just want to share my first and last experience with india times. be aware search before you shop that was my experience.

• Ri
      30th of Jul, 2010
    Indiatimes - The major management of this company does not seem to have enough staff
    Indiatimes
    indiatimes.com

I renewed recently email(what they call meramail) recently on my domain.But iI did not use the same and asked for refund.But these cheats have become totally quiet despite several legal warnings and notice under conusmer protection act.The intentions are very clear to not refund money for p[roduct not purcahsed and used by me.It seems these guys think that as they belong to times of india, they can get away with anything in the country.It is matter of shame that times of India group behaves with such irrsponsible manner.Not only their customer service is only one sided comunication by customer, it is simply fourth grade.It is a badly managed ’bania ’ company and cheap organisation and source of continuous harssment, stress and cheating. The major management of this company does not seem to have enough staff and they are third rate idiots and poorly trained with bad behaviour. if you phone after spending tens of rupees, computre talks and finally no one talks.It is mockery.Avoid these guys completely and spread the message to save others from falling in trap of this third class company. It is shame on them.

• At
      8th of Jun, 2013
    Indiatimes - Charged without subscription
    Indiatimes
    India

I am being charged Rs 5 every two to three days when I have not subscribed to any indiatimes services. I recieve the following msg. after I've been charged---"You have been charged Rs 5 for the follo". This is highly exasperating. Please take my complaint in all seriousness and terminate the service immediately. My no. is 8765355109.