Indian Restaurants / Why can't some of these Indian Restaurants be original!

I am baffled to know how many people want to copy a good menu. The sorry part is, they screw up big time. Kumar Sanu is lost in the crowd after imitating Kishore kumar for years. Some of the new and upcoming Indian Restaurants in Washigton DC area want to copy Minerva and Woodlands menu and they failed miserably.

Instead I'd like to see someone come up with new concept and new menu all together. I personally care for food more than anything else. I eat out a lot and visit all ethnic restaurants. When compared to American Giant chains all these ethnic restaurants lack customer service!!! But then what is customer service???

I do not want to be bothered by Managers and waiters coming to my table and inquiring about the food dozen times. Some of the high-end restaurants know how to take the order but do not know how to prepare one. 7 out of 10 times I get a well-done steak, while I ask for medium rare. So I personally care for food and not their fake smiles etc.,

Anytime I want to eat a good south Indian food, I go to Minerva. For good Vegetarian food I go to Woodlands. Mayuri is a poor man's Minerva and I do not see any one close to Woodlands.

In Virginia Minerva & Woodlands rock. Anyone else is only cheap imitators and will be rolled over in short span.

Comments

• Xi
      14th of May, 2007

I agree with you for the most part except you comment about Minerva & Woodlands ."

I am a bit of a foodie my self and here is what I have to say about these places. Minerva is over crowded, poor service, unhygienic (get sick every time I go there). And Woodlands I don’t know what to say to the fact that they play bhajans in the restaurant while you eat. I like the food at woodlands. I would like the experience if they cared just a little bit. Both places treat you like they are doing you a favor by feeding you.