Indian Remy bulk human hair / Don't believe Priyanka from www.perfectlocks.com, she's ripped me off!

1 Concord CA 9520Concord, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 925.349.4829

I purchased the Indian Remy bulk human hair from perfectlocks, she claimed that the hair is real 100% indian remy human hair and she gets it from her factory in India. When my parcel arrived I looked at the hair and it looked ok until I applied in on my head. The hair started falling everywhere in my house, I had to wear a scarf when I cook that's how bad the hair was. The tangling was worst and I couldn't blowdry it or brush it. It didn't even last a week on my head I had to take it off. It really looked like horse hair. I'm very sure that she mixes the remy hair with animal hair. I sent her emails about six times and she didn't bother to reply. I still have a packet left of the horse hair she sent to me. Priyanka, you should learn to be honest, you don't even have a factory in India! Stop fooling the ladies. I hope my money makes you rich!

Bl

Comments

• Pr
      21st of Sep, 2008

My name is Priyanka and I am a co-owner of Perfect Locks. Do not listen to this customer, she is wrong on every account. I will break down her complaint and explain. First of all, we have a very flexible return policy. If she was dissatisfied with the hair or thought it resembled horse hair, why wouldn't she just send it back for a full refund! Secondly, we do have a factory in India and can GUARANTEE our hair is 100% virgin Remy Indian hair. I myself am an Indian woman, our company would never make such a false claim! We have thousands of satisfied customers (individuals, salons, and stylists) who can vouch for us! In fact, we go directly to the Indian temples where the hair is donated, we then process it in our own factory. Third, the hair this customer ordered was bulk hair, meaning that the hair is loose and not tied to a track. Shedding is in no way related to us or our products if it has not been properly installed. It is up to the customer and/or the stylist to know how to apply the hair, we cannot be responsible for improper installation procedures or lack of knowledge with hair extensions!

We pride ourselves on our customer service and strive for excellence in the quality of our hair products. If anybody still has questions please give us a call, we would be more than happy to answer your questions and/or clear your doubts.

• Re
      26th of Oct, 2008

I know perfect locks lies about everything. They post phony positive comment on forums and message boards. The Indianhairblog is their site. They act like it is a third party saying positive thing about the company, but its them. I look it up same owners as their site. They also have a page on squidoo.com/indianhair try to put up a negative comment about them it wont get posted. Perfect Locks is one big fraud!

• Re
      29th of Nov, 2008

I would have to agree with the comments posted here. I called on Friday 11/28/08 to order some hair. I spoke to a man (Guy was his name) who said he would put the hair aside for me for tomorrow. We were suppose to do the transaction on Saturday 11/29/2008 but when I tried calling at 10am the line was disconnected. I would say that this company is a big FRAUD also.

• Do
      3rd of Dec, 2008

Perfect Locks hair is GORGEOUS. I don't know if they have a factory in India, but I do know that their hair is consistently perfect every time I order from them. I'm a stylist in Atlanta, and I've place a few large orders with them. I have customers leaving my salon extremely satisfied and GRATEFUL. Better yet, they tell all their friends and I'm getting tons of new business! I have to thank everyone at Perfect Locks, they are very accomodating and it's really been a pleasure so far! And umm, they're phone number works I talk to them all the time, haha. I have to totally disagree with these comments here, sounds like shameless jealous competitors to me.

• Ab
      4th of Dec, 2008

There may be some technical fault from them or due to some reasons she could not listen you.this happens some time.but if you want to buy a product you should check the product throughly in front of them, if you don't do that at the end of the you will be the looser. As being human exporter i will sugest you to check hairs before leaving the shop.

• Mo
      10th of Dec, 2008

this complaint sounds very familiar, but i duno, the customer may be wrong on this one for this reason- i had an issue with my own stylist because she loved my hair and begged me to order hair for her too. i also get hair from an virgin remy indian hair company that is in the united states, and also say they have a supplier in india. well ive never had a problem with the hair because i read the instructions. i was excited for my stylist to recieve the hair but was shocked when she called me saying she was appauled with the poor quality of the hair. she said it was very bad hair, and i was completely baffled. so i contacted the woman at the company and asked her what could possibly be going on.
    she told me to ask my stylist if she read the care instructions. she explained to that it may seem a little backwards, but a lot of people including stylists will think they know how care for virgin remy hair without reading the instructions etc, simply because they think the hair will be lower matinence than store-bought "horse hair" due to the fact that is it real hair cut from somebody hair, and that belief is FALSE. store-bought hair has a a man-made processed pattern and shine that stays in the same direction until washing, etc wears it out. therefore, during the short course of the mane, not too many products are required to maintain that. virgin remy hair is real hair, meaning, contrary to the belief that you can apply extensions and "forget about it", you have to remember that if people did not use certain products to care for hair they grew out of their own head with particular shampoos, conditioners and other haircare products that "do the trick", their hair would dry out and become brittle, tangle, etc etc. so why would you think you would not have to do this for hair that you have that was also grown from somebody's head?
    my stylist expected this hair to basically take care of itself, and you can not expect that from virgin remy hair. depending on the genetics of the person that grew it, you have to use products accordingly, and you definately have to keep it moisturized. dont believe the inexperienced hype- virgin remy hair is not lower matinence. you have to take care of it. and when you do, your results are far more beautiful than any crappy store-bought hair, and it will last for years like my virgin remy hair has...

• Al
      14th of Dec, 2008

Hello all,

I purchased hair from Perfect Locks November 13, 2008 and I had my sew-in done the day before Thanksgiving. I'll tell you the first 2 days the hair was absolutely fabulous; I thought I was in heaven. However, on day 3 my cute spiral curls began to tangle and matt. I thought okay no biggie, let me just comb it out. That worked for like an hour, and then the hair began to tangle up once again. I thought okay maybe it was the spritz my stylist used so I washed and conditioned the hair. It was okay at first, and then guess what, it started to tangle and shed like crazy.
    Now I've been wearing weaves for seven years and I know when something just isn't quite right. Imagine how I felt when I went to work thinking I'm just too cute and can't nobody tell me nothing with my 16 inches of heaven on my head only to walk past a mirror and GASP. What I saw took my breath away. I almost had a heart attack. I see this raccoon hanging at the nape of my neck looking like it’s about to attack at any minute. Yes LADIES you know what Raccoon I'm talking about. I'm talking about that tangled matted ball of nappy hair that collects when you've been taken for a ride with some BAD HAIR.
    Anyways the hair was so bad that I had to cut 16inches of glory down to shoulder length and eventually had to have the entire sew in taken down after only 2 WEEKS. Now all my weave wearers out there know that it must have been bad to have a SEW -IN totally removed after only 2 WEEKS. What a total waste of money HUH!!
    To make a long story short I spoke with Pryianka the co-owner of Perfect Locks and informed her of this substandard product. For some reason she seems to have a hard time accepting the fact that I may have gotten a batch of bad hair. Ladies we know sometimes it just happens. I have several e-mails documenting our correspondence and she told me to send back the hair for inspection and they will do an investigation.
    Now I'm not sure what type of investigation they will do and I'm pretty sure they will find nothing wrong with the hair. After all they are a business and they have their business interest at heart. I told them I will only return half of the hair just in case we have to go to court and I have to prove otherwise that the hair I received was just plain terrible. Yes Darlings it is that serious. I just hope it doesn’t come to that since I consider myself a fair honest person.
    Any who, I can only share my experience with the company's product and I must say that I am very very very very did I mention very dissatisfied considering I just threw away $269. I trusted their website with those warm and fuzzy testimonials and those nice before/after pictures. Upon researching them a little more on the internet I found customers who were very pleased with the hair and I also found customers who encountered the same tangling/ matting and utter dissatisfaction that I experienced. They also have 2 complaints filed with the better business bureau and I make the third. I urge anyone else who has received poor products from them to complain to the BBB as well.
    In conclusion, I am only sharing MY EXPERIENCE and you can decide for yourself if you want to place an order with them. I know I will not be ordering from them any time soon in this life or the next.

• Do
      6th of Jan, 2009

Well, my experience with Perfect Locks was a very pleasant and satisfying one! One of my co-workers got their hair and it was so beautiful that I could not resist, even though it's my very first weave! I've been skeptical of getting a weave because they are so darn expensive!!! I guess I'm just a cheapskate, so be it LOL. Anyway, I decided to take the plunge because their hair was actually somewhat affordable... and because of the pressure I was getting from all my friends and co-workers, hehe. I ordered my hair on a Wednesday and it got here on Friday. The hair looked nice me, but I really fell in love with it after I had it installed. My stylist was also very impressed, that's a tough job cuz she's really a touch cookie (pretty particular if you know what I mean. It feels so natural and my hubby just loves running his fingers through it hehe. It blends in with my real hair so perfectly, I didn't need to do anything to it... it just works.

I also don't think it's fair that the above person didn't send the hair back to them, it's a pretty big assumption thinking they won't do anything. It's understandable that they need to look at the hair before they can refund your money, that stuff is expensive! It sounds like they were willing to take a look. I've heard that bad hair stuff from companies happens from time to time... none of them are flawless.

Anyway, enough of me blabbing. I'm glad my first hair weave worked out. I think I made the right move with these guys, and I know I deserve treating myself to something special. We literally have a dozen of us walking around my work strutting our stuff with Perfect Locks hair... ALL OF US LOOK GOOD! I'll be ordering from them again for sure.

• Kw
      10th of Jan, 2009

I purchased hair from perfectlocks.com and it took them forever to send me my hair. It took them like almost a week to send it. So when I finally got the hair I was kinda impressed. So I had my stylist put it in and it was coo. The only thing that I didn't like was it got kinda matted when I wet it and put gel on it. I treat it like I treat my hair, only using quality hair care products and it just doesn't work. So I just wear it straight so there won't be any tangling at all. I did notice that they do give you alot of hair in one pack, I bought two thinking I would need both but I still have a brand new pack in my room never used. I might send it back but I guess I'll keep it.It wasn't that expensive. Overall, I would have to say that the hair is okay. It's not the best hair out there, but it will do for now.

• Bl
      30th of Jan, 2009

These guys are very professional. I've been ordered from them twice and they exceeded my expectations both times. The first time I had many questions, I must have called 3 or 4 times... I felt like a pest! The customer service lady was patient with me and very helpful, which I am extremely grateful for. She suggested I get two of the straight hand tied wefts, it was more than enough. I usually don't order stuff like this online because I prefer to see and feel the product. When I found out Perfect Locks has a full refund policy for unused hair, I figured it was worth a shot. The hair I received is a blessing, it's very smooth and silky just like I imagined it would be... I will not be ordering from anyone else for quite some time! I've told several friends about them and they seem to all be happy too. I feel the people above could have resolved their problems by calling, rather than coming to a site like this and posting negative comments about a good company. This company is very understanding and accommodating from what I have experienced!

• De
      23rd of Mar, 2009

I purchased the indian straight machine wefted hair. 1 pack 12 an the other 14 inches. this hair was a mess. it constantly tangles i use quality nexus products. when u blow dry it it looks like a rats nest. i contacted pryanka who said she did not get my initial email. so told me to send the hair to her so she could look at it. if this is indain hair i should not have theses issues. i have had the hair in for 3 weeks. now i have spent 200.00 on the purchase of the hair and 150.00 to get it installed. this was the worse decision i have ever made my first and last. i dont have money to waste i am a struggeling student. i will definately be sending the hair to her...since she stated she would try to reimburse me. i will also file a complaint with better business beureau. i was recommended initially from a co-worker. i usually get extentions plus. please think twice before purchasing this hair. it cant be indian hair.

17th of Apr, 2009

I am dissappointed with indi remi hair because it tangles so bad. I will never buy it again. I was told to buy the expensive hair because it will be worth it in the long run because you can re-use it. I disagree, this hair is so frustrating. This overly priced hair manufacturer may have got me once but never again...

Also, I was so embarrassed to be on an outing to be laughingly told that my hair looked like I was in the back of a car getting busy!!

I would advise all to pass this product up and look for another.

• Rh
      24th of Apr, 2009

I am a big fan of Perfect Locks. They have the best product of all Indian hair companies in my opinion. The lady above sounds like she doesn't know anything about Indian hair... if managed properly the hair will not tangle and is guaranteed to last for a long long time. Mine is holding up for 6 months so far, and I'm very happy with it. I don't do anything out of the ordinary to maintain it, it's just common sense for the most part! I use good conditioners, moisturizers, don't sleep on it when wet, blah blah blah. All the standard stuff! I first ordered 2 hand wefts from Perfect Locks in October, was delighted with the quality of the product and fast shipping. I then purchased a closure which matched perfectly! To anybody having any problems with this hair, I would highly recommend you call them and speak to them in person, they are a very helpful in my opinion. I placed my order over the phone and got all my questions answered. I have passed the word on about this company to many friends and I get $5 for each referral, NICE!

• Ti
      3rd of Aug, 2009

Ummm... I have never ordered from perfect locks but after reading this post i will definitely think twice!!!. I was surfing the web with credit card in hand to find the perfect hair and price. I came across perfect locks and they had pretty good prices and beautiful before and afters. I don't know who to believe in this mess but i think I will be going to a retail store where i can actually see, touch and possibly wet a sample before I buy it cause ...small claims court is not in my forseeable future.

Peace and Love Ladies

• Br
      19th of Aug, 2009

I wouldnt buy hair from here if it was the last hair supplier on EARTH!
    The customer service is TERRIBLE! Let me start off..I purchased two bags of machine wefted hair from these people, and got it put in about 23 days ago. Hmmm, its now 23 days later, and my hair is so thin that I cant even wear it down anymore...its shed SO bad, that I had to buy another pack-Yes ANOTHER pack. Because the representative "(Priyanka-she should be ashamed of her customer service skills)cant refund me" because she doesnt believe that it has shed that bad. So once I purchased the 3rd bag of hair from them, I paid to get it within 2 days, because I had an emergency appointment with my hairdresser in order to fix this crap on my head. My package was supposed to be here Wednesday, and since Perfect Locks didnt add my unit number...I have to go and pick up my package from a FedEx locations...After paying money to get it shipped to me. After calling this company, the representative told me: "what do you want me to do?" Are you kidding me? She had an attitude, and was rude-to a CUSTOMER...After all the issues ive had to endure with this company you would think she would have a better attitude.
    Honestly, beware. I would NEVER buy anything else from this company, and I would recommend them to anyone. Spend your money else where...After I get this put in, I plan on getting a refund and if they refuse to do that-im going to small claims court.

• Ta
      5th of Sep, 2009

BrookeJ is right, Priyanka's should be ashamed of her customer service skills.
    She must be from the slums of Bombay! She talked to me with a racist attitude!
    They buy hair dirt cheap and mark up 10 fold because they are greedy. They sell hair to the salons in large quantities and do not care for customers like you and me. They people
    or give $ off to write testimonials on their website. Beware of their tactics - do not buy from them.

• Bo
      6th of Sep, 2009

You last two posters are out of your mind!  How can you say that she is from the slums of Bombay?  That makes you sound like a racist, doesn't it?   How dare you!  The fact that you even talk about Priyanka in this way is total BS!  She is nothing but cordial, helpful and sincere.  I have ordered from this company 4 times in the past 2 years (and sent in pictures), and have referred many of my girlfriends as well!!! I had problems with not receiving a shipment once (Fedex's fault) and she helped me by sending out another pack to make sure I got my hair on time... now that's more than just customer service! I take great offense to what you are saying about Priyanka and this company!!!  It's so easy for you people to come on here and blindly slam companies.  It's so obvious that some of these comments in this post are so unjustified.  You sound like jealous competitors with no class whatsoever, you might even be the same freaking person for all we know... sure sounds like it!

You need to take a lesson in manners yourselves.  If you knew Priyanka and/or this company at all, there is no way in hell you would be talking like this. You should get a life!

• Kr
      10th of Sep, 2009

Who are you kidding? “Bombard” you are not a customer. If you are a customer why don’t you come out with your own name and post your pictures?
    A customer does not get so defensive and take such offense about an employee of PERFECTLOCKS, unless he gets paid for it!
    You are the owner of PERFECTLOCKS posing and posting as a customer, just like you do all over the blogs. You should be ashamed, watch your WORDS!
    I am an african american and I know when someone talks to me with an attitude.
    Priyanka is nice when you are buying, but if you are not happy and want to return the hair, her attitude stinks. Beware, DON’T BUY from PERFECTLOCKS!

• Tj
      16th of Sep, 2009

I purchased so called natural straight indian remi hair from perfectlocks, last week, put it in my hair this past weekend and OMG!!!...this stuff is tangling, matted at the nape, shedding, etc. The worst hair that I have ever purchased...and I am a track star, been wearing weaves forever!!! I contacted Priyanka, and as many of you commented, she swore that she did not know why the hair was doing that. She told me to send it back and she will send it back to the manufacturer to investigate... sounds familar??? I too fell for all of those warm and fuzzy testimonials on their website. I wish I had viewed thes comments before I made my purchase!!! I too am going to file a BB complaint, hopefully, it will help others who are considering purchasing from her. I never will again! A rip off indeed, I wasted $250 because this is surely coming out this weekend!!!

• La
      2nd of Oct, 2009

oh my God! You Ladies are awful! I truly hope you are ever my customers. You sound like a couple of very nasty-attitudes. So what if you are African American, does that give you the right to be combabtitive & expect the customer service agent to bow down? I have had some nasty ladies like you s clients. I cannot belive this Brooke J said - 'I am adding this new hair in, then I'm getting a refund".. an dthe other sthat said she would only return half of the hair..?? Whoa! Really, I hope you are never my customers.

You bought hair online.. ! Online!

So.. take the time to review the hair you get & make exchanges befor eyou install it. Plain & simple! Perhaps you did somethingo ruin the wefts..?

I LOVe Perfect Locks & so do my clients. yep! I have hundreds of clients wearing this hair.. maybe your stylist did something wrong, like not cutting the hair to blend properly or not clearing the cut hair? Maybe Perfect Locks wefts aren't strong enough..? I never order wefts, but I love the HAIR.