Indian Railways Irctc / terrible experience

1 India Review updated:

I booked a I-ticket on 30th January, 2008 for my office staff S. Naskar, on 3008 U A Toofan Exp. for 12th February, 2008 from Mathura to Sealdah, vide PNR No. [protected] and transaction ID. [protected]. The train was subsequently canceled by the Railways, and the passenger had to make alternative arrangement to return to Kolkata facing a lot of hardships with no co-operation from Railways. Till date I have not received my refund.

I sent the 1st e-mail to etickets@irctc.co.in, care@irctc.co.in, tdrprocess@irctc.co.in on 12th February 2008 at 11.45 am before the scheduled departure of the train and when it was announced canceled. At first you acknowledged receipt of my e-mails.

Till date I have been writing nearly every day, but IRCTC seems to have blocked my mail address and do not even acknowledge receipt of my mail now.

Comments

• Mg
      17th of Aug, 2008

My Ticket PNR No.436-5669781 and
    Ticket No.30382808

I booked ticket from Bangalore Cantonement Railway station for Thanjavur to Bangalore return for 4 persons.

They allotted one person in S6 coach and others in S8 coach. Then what is the use of booking in single reservation form for all the persons.
    Then they allotted the Upper Berth for ladies aged 48 and 68 years and male 55 years old. They don't have no common sense while booking. The availability is not there, it is OK but still plenty of seats are avilable. Please look into the same and take necessary action.

• Dk
      1st of Sep, 2008

GOOD AFTERNOON!
    I HAVE SOME SUGGETION TOWARDS THE YOUR SERVICES.
    I WANT TO INFORM U THAT MOSTLY TRAINS ARE ALWAYS LATE. THERE IS MANY REASONS BUT SOME REASONS CAN BE SOLVED LIKE : NOT AVAILIBLITY OF PLATEFORM IN DELHI JN.
    AS YOU KNOW PLATFORM NO. 15, 16, 17, &18 ARE NOT OPENED FROM BOTH SIDES. IT'S POSSIBLE THAT WILL OPEN FROM BOTH SIDES. YOU SHOULD HAVE TO JOINTS THESE PLATEFORMS FROM PLATEFORM NO.-11
    THANKS

• Su
      1st of Oct, 2008

Its bizarre that in north indian trains reservation compartment is also for general people. There is no authority to check this too.Also there is a huge menace of transgeneder persons and beggers. I feel too harassed after a comparatively short journey between Mumbai and Vadodara. So onwards i have decided to not opt for sleeper class.

• Se
      8th of Jun, 2010

To,
    The general manager of Indian railway

Sub: inconvenience to passenger,
    Reference: PNR no: 124-6123408
    Train no: 2797
    Travel date: 07-06-10
    Station name: kachiguda

Sir,
    We are regrets to inform you that, my father is traveled in the VENKATADRI EXP, they have reservations for the handicap quotas, they gave the seats in SL1, as the un reserved people occupied the seats complained to the deputy stations manager on the spot, I am very sorry to inform you that, he gave me info that he is UN able to vacate the unreserved people from that a compartment, as I complained to R PF, they ignored my complaint due to the deputy stations manager suggestion .so my father and mother faced the problem up to tirupathi, , is this way to give services for the reserved passengers, please pursue the mater, expecting the positive response from your side& waiting

T.M.seshadri.

1st of Jul, 2010

Dear Sir,
    I purchased one e-ticket as detailed below:
    1. Transaction id : 0224484039
    2. PNR No. : 6343396223
    3. From : HWH to PTRU
    4. Date of Booking : 25.06.10
    5. Date of Journey : 29.06.10
    6. Name of Passenger : B PAL
    7. Sex : Female
    8. Age : 63 yrs.
    9. Train Name : Shaktipunj Exp.

Before boarding from Howrah station I enquired at Enquiry Counter twice whether the train would travel through Patratu Station since it was learnt sometimes the said train was plying bypassing Patratu. But each time they confirmed it would follow its normal route through Patratu station.

At Dhanbad Station it was learnt the train would not go to Patratu and I had to drop at Dhanbad.
    Now my questions are :

1. Why it was not announced at originating station the route of its plying ?
    2. Why the TTE on duty did not make me alert to drop at Dhanbad?
    3. Why Dhanbad booking counter / Station Manager refused me to refund Rly Fare from Dhanbad to Patratu?

I think you will understand the difficulties of a Sr. Citizen Female Passenger traveling alone and faced the above cited problems.

However, I again claim to refund the Railway Fare from Dhanbad to Patratu at the earliest.
    Thanks,

• Pa
      25th of Jul, 2014

Sir,
    I am going to last two years every month round trip to venkatadri exp CTO to kcg. Nowadays time very imp important but last 1 year every trip 90 min to 120 min average late pal's give resolve ASAP. Thank you pal's consider the value of the time.