Indian Railway / waiting list passengers boarding the reserved compartment

India Review updated:

I was travelling with my family from Kopargoan to Bangalore in Karnatak Express, reserved compartment S-2 on 17th April. During the day time I understand that most of compartment become unreserved compartment and passenger with open tkt also travel in reserved compartment. However I had problem during the night. There were so many passengers with unconfirmed tkts travelling in my compartment. When I enquired with Ticket Examiner Mr.S.Sivanand, I was told that such people also paid the same fare and travelling without the facility to sleep. Almost all the side upper births were occupied with 2 or 3 passengers.

My query is, whether any number of people with unconfirmed tkts can enter the reserved compartment ?
If no, who is responsible for evicting such passengers. If yes, why other passengers to pay reservation charges ?

It appears indian railway issue the tkts recklessly to earn more during the vacation / summer season, instead arranging more trains. Each compartment was filled with 50 % more than the allotter seats/berths, resulting horrible experience to passengers, who booked the tkt well in advance and the compartment become very unclean due to over crowding.

Comments

• Na
      15th of Nov, 2007
    Indian Railway - coach number not marked
    Indian Railway
    Alabama
    www.indianrail.gov.in

On 14.11.07,we travelled at Bhagirathi Express3104 from berhampore court to sealdah.
    1)Without any notice ,the position of reservation coaches had been changed and also the station master/TTE give us a wrong information about position of D1 coach.
    2)There is no mark indicating the reservation coach no.
    So, we were harrashed .With us there were aged man,luggagesand also children. If there is no marking of coach no. then how could we find out the seat.this is a created hazard.
    It is found regularly that at 3104 ,there is no marking of D1 and D2 coaches.Why? We are really shocked and annoyed.Why we will pay exact fare if no fair service??
    Kindly look into the matter urgently.
    we expect a reply from you.
    thanking you,
    nandini.

• Al
      9th of Dec, 2007
    Indian Railway - COACH SERVICE
    INDIAN RAILWAY
    Alabama
    India

I ALOK KUMAR AM TRAVELING IN TRAIIN NO 2204 GARIB RATH THE MOST POPULAR TRAIN OF OUR HON RAIL MINISTER BUT THE COACH SERVICE SPECIALLY IN COACH NO G 5 IS VERY POOR NOT ONLY BY THE SWEEPER BUT NO RIGHT ATTENTION TAKEN BY THE TRAIN MAINTAINANCE INCHARGE MR RAJAN. I WAS SOCKED TO SEE THE TOILET COMPARTMENT. I COULDN'T DO ANY THING DUE TO THIS REASON

• Su
      25th of Jul, 2008

With due respect sir i am explaing this event which taken place in front of me at that time on dated 22 july 2017. I was travelling in 2017 shatabdi exp from DDN to NDLS . In the cocach of my train a vendor wasn't providing good facility for cattering after departure of train that vendor has distributed eatables amongest passenger in the cocach but accept me when i asked why are you not serving yhr eatables.Then he asked''you are not able to eat the food perhaps he was drunken and no one provided complain book in train . i resquest to you plz take the action.

• Ar
      24th of Aug, 2009
    Indian Railway - theft of cash of RS. 2000/- in AC -2 coach
    India

I was travelling in AC-2 coach (seat no. AB-19)of mahananda express(Train no-4084 ) . i boarded at allahabad at around 8: 00pm on 23. 08. 09.
    and i took my seat .there wer no co- passengers in my compartment of coach.BY 10: 00 pm kept all my belongings (including my vallet )to my carrying bag and, keptmy carrying bag below the seat(as mine was the lower seat) switched off the light and fall asleep.

At around 2: 30 pm when i wake up i saw light of my compartment is on and attendant of coach is doing something( by laying down)
    on being asked he told that heis switching on the light of gallery . AS i was in very drowsy, i told him to go out of compartment and again fall asleep.
    when i wake up in the morning at 5: 00 am, as i had to get down at barauni station, i statrted checking all my belongings.
    on search it is being found that cash of RS.2017/-which was the only amount persent in my vallet is missing.

AS i was left with no money, so i became helpless. On enquiry the name of coach attendent who had come in night was found Rinku kumar yadav. No complaint register was found in coach to register a complaint.
    Insted of getting down at barauni station i got down at begusarai station, i met to station in charge over there, he told that this caseis pertaining to GRP. i went to GRP, no one was found there, i kept waiting for around one hour but went in vain.

This is clear case of theft.
    i request that a case against the attendent of coach Rinku kr. yadav must be registered and action should be initiated against him.

• Kl
      19th of Oct, 2009
    indian rail - Stolen & cancle of ticket
    indian rai
    jamshedpur
    Phone: 2303308

ticket print is not clear we cannot see date. time, and price.

• Ni
      24th of Oct, 2009
    Indian Railway - MISBEHAVIOUR&FRAUD IN RESERVATION COUNTER ON HATHIDAH JN.
    INDIAN RAILWAY
    India

TODAY (24.10.2017), I WENT FOR BOOKING OF TICKET IN JANSHTABADI EXPRESS ON HATHIDAH JUNCTION. AMAZINGLY THE PERSON WAS ON THE BOOKING CHAIR NIETHER HE WAS NOT ON DRESS, NOT WITH BADGES AND VERY BOLDLY HE WAS TAKING MONEY FROM INSIDE THE ROOM AND BOOKING TICKETS. AND WHEN I OBJECTED THE SAME HE BEHAVES LIKE A RAILWAY MINISTER AND MISBEHAVING WITH THE CUSTOMERS. AND HE TOLD ME THERE IS NO FACILTY OF TATKAL BOOKING IN JANSHATABADI AC CHAIR CAR. AND HE IS DOING BLACK MARKETING OF THOSE SEATS. WHEN WE ARE GOING TO CHANGE OUR SELVES. WILL YOU TAKE ACTION AGAINST THAT EMPLOYEE. NO ONE IS TRUSTING ON THE GOVT. EMPLOYEE I.E THE REASON.

IT' SEEMS VERY BAD IF A GOVT. EMPLOYEE ARE DOING THIS TYPE OF CHEAP THINGS. PLEASE TAKE SOME STRICT ACTION AGAINST THAT GUY WHO WAS ON DUTY ON 24.10.2017 @ 8 :15 AM. THEY ARE DOING THE MOCKERY OF THE WHOLE SYSTEM.

REGARDS,

NIRANJAN
    DURGAPUR

• Hi
      10th of Mar, 2010
    Indian Railway - Employee Misbehave
    Himanshu Kansal

Dear Concern
    Hi, this is Himanshu Kansal from Patiala (Pb.). This is regarding a complaint regarding the ticket availaibility at Patiala indian railway station. First of at every ticket counter there i in written that passenger could get a return ticket for journey above 200 km in advance. Then why the lady employee at the ticket counter refuses to provide the same when asked to provide the return ticket from delhi to ambala city. She said we can't provide the return ticket. This is not the first time when she refuse for the same. I just want to know that if railway didn't provide the return tickets then why same is written every where or if employee are not willing to work then why they are getting paid higher salaries. They should go home and sit. You will shoked to hear the incident i m telling you that this is regarding what happenz before 2 weeks ago with me. When i approach to railway station to get a retun tickt from delhi to patiala for the next day then the same lady said railway is not providing the return tickets after some time when i approach the another person on the counter regarding the same with someones ref. then he was about to provide the ticket lady sitting beside him said if i have said no then why you are roving the ticket and gets angry on the same. Then he also refuse to give the ticket. Same has been happend withe me toaday ( 10-Mar-10 08.05 pm.).So this is our indian railway service for the passengers. Emlpoyees are not willing to work even then they are getting paid to not povide the services. Another issue regarding the rupee change on the ticket counter. If anyone wants to buy the ticket and if ticket costs rs 12 the the emploee asked the passenger for change of Rs. 2. if passenger gave him/her change then its ok but if you didn't get the change then you will not get you balance back. Same has been happen with every passenger. I didn't understand if 100 passengers out og 200 give the change then what did they do with the same change. They didn't give the balance back to anyone. From this every employee gets approx. Rs. 200-300 extra per day in his packet. This is not fare. That money don't belongs to them. Even then this they do like to work. So plz take the necessary steps to keep the passengers interest in the railway.

11th of Apr, 2010
    Indian Railway - White Corruption in Indian Railway
    service
    India

I was to board local train from tilaknagar station on harbour line in mumbai.I entered from the end where there was no facility to punch the coupon.The train to panvel was standing there but i chose to find out where the punching machine was & so i did not board the train.The Second train came which i left it the same way only to find the ticket collector asking for the ticket.I tried to convince him the situation but he refused to listen & insisted on paying the fine.I was also having the first Class Pass from khandeshwar to CST but he did not listen.I want to know if there is a target given to ticket collectors for collecting Fine from the Passengers.If so then they are busy in troubling the passengers for their Promotion.The Guy however indulged hmself in quarrel with me though i was with my wife.i would like to receive reply from you regarding the action taken on the matter.please Stop this white corruption(giving pavati for uncommited mistake) .It is shame that railway is going for such irritating things for collecting revenue.great Shame Please take it seriously

• Ds
      13th of Apr, 2010
    Indian Railway - Railway Ticket booking
    Indian Railway
    India

I have booked railway ticket from indian railways at aroung 8:10 AM which was a 90 days before ticket.Still i was getting waiting list in all tha class. The ticket was from CSTM to AUBR. Was is it that if you book a ticket from Mumbai to any where in Bihar whether it is a 90 days before ticket u get waiting list. Was government is not ensuring and stopping agents who are taking tickets and selling them in black ( Even i had purchased a ticket from Pune to Patna which cost around 400 at 1500).There are various brokers who are selling these tickets at any price.

• Sh
      14th of Apr, 2010
    Indian Railway - Stolen & cancle of ticket
    RAJNEESH TATER
    indianrail.gov.in

Dear sir / madem,
    My train ticket is stolen from my office and cancled the same ticket at station. I want the xerox of canclation slip of the same. Please send me the slip by e - mail as soon as possible so i can take some action against my staff team.

My ticket detail is as below :

Train no. : 2833
    Pnr no. : 8463174755
    Date : 09 / 05 / 2017
    Class : 2 a / c tire
    From : adi to hwh
    Rajneesh tater 30 year male
    Reeta tater 28 year female

I am waiting for your reply

Rajneesh tater

• Di
      13th of May, 2010
    Indian Railway - Luggage theft
    Government railway police

Hi Sir/Madam,

I want to draw your kind attention to the irresponsive behavior of Government Railway Police, New-Delhi. Yesterday on 11/05/2017, I went to New-Delhi to log a complaint of theft in GRP. The matter was i made my sister and brother to board Gorakhdham Express on 01 st may 2017. In the due course of journey upto Gorakhpur they lost jewellery item. They came to know about it when they reached home.

Reservation details coach no..05, seat no..37 and 39.
    Date of journey 01 may, 2017
    Reservation from new delhi-gorakhpur.

But inspite of my request the officials at GRP, new delhi denied to log the complaint giving excuses, that this matter should be noted at some other GRP station in between new delhi and gorakhpur. It was around 8:00 pm when i reached there. They kept on pretending giving flimsy excuses. At last i returned back with helpless hand.

Please, look into the matter and do the needful.

dindayal gupta

[protected]@yahoo.com

3rd of Jun, 2010
    Indian Railway - REFUND CANCELLED RAIL TICKET
    INDIAN RAIL WAY & IRCTC

SUB: CLAIM PNR NO - 430-7574000, TDR - 139858 dt 26 June 2017,

Sir,

I was canceled my I- ticket PNR NO - 430-7574000, TDR - 139858 dt 26 June 2017, villupuram railway station, and sent TDR copy to IRCTC Chennai and photo copy to delhi

1. *As per chennai IRCTC Given TDR refund process no 12219 / 27 Dt 10th july 2017. I have made correspondence through by phone -044 253000000, 044 25348531 and sent so many e-mail, event though I was not yet received my refund, I have been getting reply that still under process.

2. It is once again requested that refund at the earliest, One year (12 month ) has to be completed for this process, It is reauested that I want my hard earn money.

4th of Jul, 2010
    Indian Railway - not confirming vacant seat
    indian railway

sir,
    i was on 4853, marudhar express on 20 jun210.i boarded the train from kanpur.i was on waiting list.i boarded in B-2 coach.one seat having no 25 was vacant due non boarding of passenger, this seat was from lucknow to jaipur.but TTE didnot confirm this seat to anyone RAC or WAITLISTING passenger.the berth remained vacant till jaipur.
    may i know the reason, why this seat was vacant either due to casualness of TTE or nobody was ready to give money
    can u provide me valid reason and accept this as a complain

• Pa
      16th of Jul, 2010
    Indian Railway - SERVICE PROVIDED
    India

RESPECTED SIR WITH A DEEP SORROW, I WANT TO COMPLAINT DURING THE TRAVELING LAST JOURNEY THAT I HAD, ON 15 JULY 2017 BY CHENNAI RAJDHANI EXP. FIRST OF ALL THE CLOTHING BOY WHO SERVES BED SHEET AND BLANKET, AFTER TELLING TO SEVICS BOY, HE DID NOT TO ISSUE CLOTHS. SECONDS THE WHOLE COMPARTMENT FLIES ARE THERE AL AROUND. THE TOILET WERE NOT CLEAN ENOUGH COMPARE WITH OTHER TRAINS TOILETS. NEXT FOOD SUPPLED TO THE PASSANGERS ARE NOT UPTO THE REQUSIT STANDERD AND WHEN IN NIGHT TILL 7:45 THE SERVICE PERSONS HAD NOT SERVE THE SOUPS. WHEN MANY PEOPLE ASKED FOR MEALS HE TOLD FIRST DAL HAS NOT COME TILL NOW THEN HE TOLD YOU ARE NOT AUTHORISE FOR NIGHT MEALS, AFTER TELLING MANY THINGS HE SERVES THE FOOD BEFORE THE HE ASKED FOR TIPS AS A RIGHT. HIS TREATMENT WAS VERY BAD. THANKS

• Ra
      5th of Sep, 2010
    Indian Railway - train cancellation before end station
    indian railway

Sir,
    I am writing in to complain that on the 28TH july 2017, I was travelling to jammu from delhi (anand vihar terminal) via train no.- 0403A anand vihar terminal jammu tawi special on ticket PNR no.2539234603.enroute to jammu the train halted at chakki bank station for almost half an hour and then all passengers were rudely in formed, not by announcement on the public address system, but by a sweeper who from outside the compartment just shouted at everone that the train would proceed no further due to water on the tracks ahead, and that a train coming from behind would take us to our destination.the passengers panicked and tried to complain to authorities but none came to our rescue. Worse they disappeared from the station and left the passengers to fend for themselves.this happened at 11:30 am and finally a train arrived at 1:00 pm to takes us to jammu. The train was already packed to capacity and one can imagine passengers from 2 trains travelling in one train.
    With kids and family it was a harrowing time to travel the distance from chakki bank to jammu.the kind of co-opeartion from the station staff and rpf and other railway staff is best known by the railway department.
    Sir, I would like to take this complaint to the highest possible level and demand an immediate enquiry as to what the circumstances were which led to just 1 train unable to proceed to jammu when all other trains could?
    I am not sure if you have ever suffered the ignominy that that proceeded the train cancellation and subsequent aftermath of the action?
    is the same treatment meted out to passengers who travel by airoplane?
    Do we not pay to get our tickets reserved(mine was a tatkal ticket) ?
    Are we not human enough to warrant such indecent behavior?
    Who is answerable to such rash decisions which leaves hundreds of passengers like me stranded mid way our journey?

Sir, I expect a fair enquiry into the matter and a speedy response from your end to the answeres I have raised and demand action against all concerned.
    If in case you are unable to respond within 15days I would be forced to approach the consumer forum to seek damages for the financial loss and mental agony I have had to undergo because of this decision.
    Looking forward to your response .
    Regards
    Rajnish dubey
    Mob.09811713829

• Ni
      21st of Dec, 2010

Sir i booked my bike on 17dec10 from new delhi to dimapur in Rajdhani express but still now i am not geting my bike and enquire to the railway station new delhi but they told me that they cant do anything then i spoke to the customer care they also told me they can`t do anything so what can i do