Indian Railway / waiting list passengers boarding the reserved compartment
I was travelling with my family from Kopargoan to Bangalore in Karnatak Express, reserved compartment S-2 on 17th April. During the day time I understand that most of compartment become unreserved compartment and passenger with open tkt also travel in reserved compartment. However I had problem during the night. There were so many passengers with unconfirmed tkts travelling in my compartment. When I enquired with Ticket Examiner Mr.S.Sivanand, I was told that such people also paid the same fare and travelling without the facility to sleep. Almost all the side upper births were occupied with 2 or 3 passengers.
My query is, whether any number of people with unconfirmed tkts can enter the reserved compartment ?
If no, who is responsible for evicting such passengers. If yes, why other passengers to pay reservation charges ?
It appears indian railway issue the tkts recklessly to earn more during the vacation / summer season, instead arranging more trains. Each compartment was filled with 50 % more than the allotter seats/berths, resulting horrible experience to passengers, who booked the tkt well in advance and the compartment become very unclean due to over crowding.
More Indian Railway Complaints & Reviews
- Indian Railways - illegal passengers! 
- Indian Railways - poor facilities 
- Indian Railways - ticket issue problem for physically handicapped person 
- Indian Railway - excessive rate of food by the pantry car service 
- Indian Railways - officials corruption 
- Centre For Railway Information Systems - misbehaving of the reservation ticket issuing officer at railway counter (simhachalam)
- Indian Railway - charge extra amount in pantry service
- Indian Railways Irctc - terrible experience 
- Indian Railways - regular late running of train 
- Indian Railways - misbehavior by tte