Indian Postal and Customs Department / Non delivery of Registered Parcel from US
I would like to introduce myself as Jayanta K. Naik, a Non Resident Indian (NRI) based in USA. This is to draw your kind attention and necessary action towards the incident mentioned below.
I sent a Registered Parcel weighing 2 pounds and 12.90 ounces on August 26, 2008 from Groton Main Post Office in the state of Connecticut, U.S.A. The Registered No. is RB315700651US. The parcel was containing some ladies cosmetics of value $50 USD.
The copy of the Registered receipt is attached herewith for your kind information. The matter of regret is that the parcel is not yet delivered.
On the same day and same time another Registered Parcel was sent to the same address from the same post office (Groton MPO) and that is already delivered on 3rd. September, 2008. The Registered No. for this parcel is RB315700648US.
Two Registered Parcels sent to the same address from the same Post office at the same time. How come one is delivered and the other is not? Is it not a matter of surprise?
I have lodged a complaint with the United States Postal Services in this regard. They informed me that both the registered parcels left U.S.A. on 31st. August, 2008.
On enquiry with the Indian Postal authorities, it was found that the parcel is yet to be received by them and held up by Delhi Airport Customs. I have no idea why that is held up for such a long time. If the Customs Department has anything to object or claim duty on the parcel that should be informed to my wife who is the recipient.
Now, I can feel that the items are stolen by Customs people or Postal people in India.
More Indian Postal and Customs Department Complaints & Reviews
- EMS Speed Post - Mumbai, India - Parcel not delivered 
- Indian Postal Services / EMS Speed Post-EHO 12713468IN - Poor service! 
- Speed Post By Government Of India - Package delivery problem! 
- Indian Postal service - Undelivery of Parcel from Saudi Arabia 
- Speed Post India - Poor service! 
- India Post / Department Of Posts - postal department gave wrong information
- India Post / Department Of Posts - product not delivered
- India Post / Department Of Posts - I am complaining about two speed post articles meant to be tender documents having financial documents in form of bank drafts in it
- India Post / Department Of Posts - not delivering parcel
- India Post / Department Of Posts - Delay in delivery of speed post