Indian Airlines / flight missed due to indian airlines staff and ticket cost not refunded

1 India Review updated:

I have booked ticket form self and family vide pnr no. reih7y (in the name of jha binay mr) and rhtqwq (in the name of jha anjana mrs and jha mayank mstr) for dated 8th february 2007 delhi (del) to kolkata (ccu).

But unfortunately due to delay in delivering air ticket booked vide pnr no. rhtqwq (in the name of jha anjana mrs and jha mayank mstr) at the counter in kolkata airport we have missed our flight and thereafter I have contacted one lady, dy manager or like, at kolkata airport she has taken note of our pnr no. and assured that only tax portion of ticket will be refunded to me and that will be credited back to my credit card account although we missed flight due to delay in delivering ticket by the indian airlines staff.

But till date I did not get any refund from the indian airlines nor received any feedback that when it will be credited.

Comments

• Mv
      3rd of Apr, 2007

Last week I was traveling from bangalore to nagpur. I booked two tickets for bangalore to bombay by indian airlines and from bombay to nagpur by indigo.. the flight was at 11:20 am from bangalore. but it was delayed by 15 mins and took off at 11:35am... it was supposed to reach bombay by 12:50 pm. but reached at 2:10. pm. and because of that we missed our indigo flight to nagpur which was at 2:00pm.
    So we went to this indian airlines duty manager who was a lady didn't respond to us properly. the customer service is very very bad. I have checked their site which says that if the flight is delayed by one hour there will refund the money but didn't happen so.

Plz check the below points from their site:

If a flight is delayed for more than one hour, the following facilities are provided to the passengers:

Full refund of fare is given if desired by a passenger. alternate arrangements are made to take the passengers to the destination, either by air or other modes of transport. this is subject to availability of alternates.

Involuntary re-routing through circuitous and even longer routes, subject to seat availability.
    Complimentary service of beverages, snacks or meals to the stranded passengers.

If there is enough time and if the passengers so wish, transportation back to town can also be arranged.
    Personal messages to the passengers' destinations using the indian airlines communications channels.
    24 hour hotel accommodation if the passenger wants to travel by the next flight/next day (in case of cancellation of flight).

The service the very bad. never travel again!

• Gu
      12th of Apr, 2007

This is very common with Indian Airlines. They did the same with me and did not refund any money to me . It seems that these people just earns money from such issues. However, in case u were successful in getting the refund, pls let me know the way followed. As per i am concerned, i spent lot of time in explaining them. I wrote a mail to them regarding my concerns. I also registered complaint in consumer court and awaiting their response.

• Ga
      11th of May, 2007
    Indian Airlines - Fare shown less, after selection fare is more
    India

I was trying to book a ticket on Bangalore to Mumbai sector. It showed 925 as base price for IC110 but when actually selection was made, it jumped up to 1990. Weird! And wasting my time.

• Vn
      27th of Sep, 2007

Due to the delay in my bag delivery while I was traveling from hyderabad-lebanon, new hampshire. usa on 22-09-07.. I was traveled by indian air lines flight fromhyd-delhi. one of my baggage was missed I lodged a complaint on that. the tag no is ic614201. the delhi indial lines information is that we have forwarded newark in continental air lines to newark. I didn't get any information about my luggage. my travel was
    Hyd-delhi — indian airlines
    Delhi-newark — continental airlines
    Newyark-lebanon — us airlines

• Di
      28th of Nov, 2007
    Indian Airlines - unathorized charge
    Indian Airlines

i got charged after i cancel the produc of google grow rich program and i want to know why and i wanst a refund.

• Ra
      1st of Feb, 2008

i need total airlines in india airlines owner names please.

• Ka
      15th of Sep, 2008

Dear sir

i was forced to board the next flight with extra cost without my mistake due to negaligace of airindia staff

28th of Oct, 2008

I missed my connecting flight too - and Indian Airlines/Air India did nothing but harass me.

5th of Nov, 2008

My son who is 14 year of age, was travelling from mct to raipur via del. getting down in delhi airport he was shifted to domestic terminal, after reaching there no one guided him to reach counter. though he asked many of the gound staff, none of them gave any assistance and the flight from del to raipur left. after some time one goround staff came to him and asked why he was waiting here and for his reply he answered the flight hsa left, now you have to get another ticket and you have to pay money. my child was put is a very ciritical situation, but one of my friend came to know about the situation and managed to get in the domestic airport and talked to the person concerned to take my son out and scheduled the flight for next day. though indian air lines people were aware of the unaccompnied passenger they never thought of taking any responsibility to guide him nor did they assisted him, insted they started asking money from that 14 year old inside the airport and harrased him. he still speaks of the most bewitched act of the so called educated people in that incident. I can very well say this is the reason why a good citizen get into terrorist act, where in he don't find any security and moral in home.

• Br
      12th of Jul, 2010
    Indian Airlines - I have given a notice to the airlines to reimburse for the mental stress cause, but they have failed to reply
    indianairlines.com

1) I had bought 2 tickets from Indian Airlines for going to Udaipur from Mumbai on 10/10/2005. my departure date was 8th December 2005 at 5.45 p.m
    2) tHe staff called us and said that the flight was rescheduled to go in morning 11.00 instead of 5.45 p.m. My husband could not go as he had some offic commitments on that day. He was to take the flight on Friday (9th ) at 11.00 a.m
    3) at 10 a.m on friday i got a call from teh airline staff saying that the flight is delayed and would leave at 2.00 p.m
    4) again they called me at 10.45 a.m to say that the flight would be on time and assured me that they would waite for teh passengers since they had not given enough notice. However when my Husband landed at teh airport at 11.15 a.m teh airline staff said that the flight has left.
    5) There was no other flight to Udaipur teh entire day and my Husband could not make it to attend an important function.
    6) I have given a notice to the airlines to reimburse for the mental stress cause, but they have failed to reply.

• Di
      13th of Jul, 2010
    Indian Airlines - I feel cheated and caught in trap
    indianairlines.com

I booked ticket under unchecked fares. the website is very confusing . In front page if one looks at cancellation rules, it says one can cancel tickets, however only when you look at cancellation rules under net ticket, it says one cant cancel or prepone under unchecked fares. There is no transparency and no similarity . I say, they should have atleast mentioned in front page cancellation rule, that the cancellation rules are different for the net ticket unchecked fares. I feel cheated and caught in trap.

• Re
      14th of Jul, 2010
    Indian Airlines - I could not retrieve my baggage on the day i landed
    indianairlines.com

I had my indian airlines tickets to singapore. I was to take a tigerairways ticket to fly to ho chi minh city from singapore. I had my baggage through checked in to ho chi minh city. I was not told by the official that I need to take a singapore visa to catch the tiger airways flight to ho chi minh. the immigration officers insisted I shouldhave a visa to enter into singapore. I could not retrieve my baggage on the day I lannded in ho chi minh city vietnam. the next day I got my baggage but the purpose of my bringing the baggagaon time was not accomplished as it had a few medicines which my husband takes on a daily basis.

• Ra
      28th of Jun, 2011

In case if the problem is still persisting, please consult lawyer at your local district courts and file case.