Indian Airlines / unfair treatment!

India Review updated:
While traveling thru India on our honeymoon, my wife and I booked a domestic flight from Calicut to New Delhi with a connection in Mumbai on makemytrip.com for December 17th, 2007. Our flight from Calicut to Mumbai was with Indian Airlines. Our connection flight from Mumbai to New Delhi was with Go Air.

We arrived at the airport to learn that our flight from Calicut to Mumbai with Indian Airlines was severely delayed and we would not make it to Mumbai in time for our Go Air connection flight to continue on to New Delhi. Indian Airlines decided to re-route us through Chennai in an attempt to get us to Mumbai in time for our connection. However, this flight was late and we still did not make it to Mumbai in time for our Go Air flight to New Delhi. Indian Airlines insisted that they had done all that they could and would not help us in any further way. Go Air claimed that we were “no-shows” for our flight and forced us to purchase new tickets for $190.

This whole situation is completely unacceptable. I understand that flights get delayed, canceled, and run late as a matter of course. But I should certainly not have to purchase new tickets because Indian Airlines did not get me to Bombay in time for my connecting flight. The blame for this incident lays squarely on the shoulders of Indian Airlines. I would like to be compensated for the new $190 Go Air ticket that I had to purchase to get to New Delhi.

I am trying every means available to get Indian Airlines to compensate me.

I am a frequent traveler, a good customer, and a reasonable person, and I have been treated unfairly by Indian Airlines.

Comments

Sa
  10th of Mar, 2008
Hello sir,

This is to inform that I am very depressed with your services. as i[including my family and relative] am a regular passenger of your airline, but this time I am going to terminate and switch to some other airline.

Reason:

on march 8, I was travelling from jammu to mumbai through go air airline at 12:15 and expected to reached mumbai at 15:50 and moreover I had a connected flight to nagpur through india airline at 18:40.[more than enough time gap].

Due to reason of delay of go air airline, reached mumbai at 18:30 [excluding bagage receviing time], I missed my india airline flight.

Earlier samething happened with spicejet, I had request spicejet attendents, they understood my problem and refund me whole amount instantly.

But go air attendents were not atleast trying to understood my problem, they just neglected me. this result I had spent whole night in outside airport.

Really I am very dissappointed with your services. I [and my near ones] will not using go air airline from today onwards if you will not refund my money soon.

Flight details :

Using makemytrips...

Flt id : flt1352235
Airlines departure arrival pnr no booking date travel date e-ticket status
Go air jammu mumbai confirmed fri 07 mar sat 08 mar not allowed

Hyderabad
Sa
  26th of Mar, 2009
Dear sir/madam,
I am sorry to inform you that one of your cabin crews, her name is ms. sutapa saha, had misbhaved with me on floor of netaji subhash international airport, kolkata on 25th marth, 2009 which is not done. I am a regular customer of indian airlines and I atleast expect a good behaviour from your staffs. I asked a question regarding the flight but in reply she used a slang which was not expeceted. please take immediate action and do inform me through e-mail. I don't want to see that girl any more in this airline. thanking you.

Thanx and regards,
Santanu saha
Ak
  18th of Sep, 2009
Dear sir,
Your service is very poor because my parcel booked from bhopal to patna via delhi & parcel hold in delhi from 03 days. so please look into this matter seriously.
Air waybill no: 058 - 49418751.

Thanks,