Indian Airlines / unfair treatment!
While traveling thru India on our honeymoon, my wife and I booked a domestic flight from Calicut to New Delhi with a connection in Mumbai on makemytrip.com for December 17th, 2007. Our flight from Calicut to Mumbai was with Indian Airlines. Our connection flight from Mumbai to New Delhi was with Go Air.
We arrived at the airport to learn that our flight from Calicut to Mumbai with Indian Airlines was severely delayed and we would not make it to Mumbai in time for our Go Air connection flight to continue on to New Delhi. Indian Airlines decided to re-route us through Chennai in an attempt to get us to Mumbai in time for our connection. However, this flight was late and we still did not make it to Mumbai in time for our Go Air flight to New Delhi. Indian Airlines insisted that they had done all that they could and would not help us in any further way. Go Air claimed that we were “no-shows” for our flight and forced us to purchase new tickets for $190.
This whole situation is completely unacceptable. I understand that flights get delayed, canceled, and run late as a matter of course. But I should certainly not have to purchase new tickets because Indian Airlines did not get me to Bombay in time for my connecting flight. The blame for this incident lays squarely on the shoulders of Indian Airlines. I would like to be compensated for the new $190 Go Air ticket that I had to purchase to get to New Delhi.
I am trying every means available to get Indian Airlines to compensate me.
I am a frequent traveler, a good customer, and a reasonable person, and I have been treated unfairly by Indian Airlines.
More Indian Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- Air India - lost baggage and incompetent service 
- Air India - compensation problem 
- Air India - ltc - 80 fare
- Air India - poor customer service, missed flights 
- Air India - stolen items from checked baggage 
- Air India - double payment for online air ticket booking 
- [Resolved] Air India - prepaid excess baggage cancellation 
- Air India - on board meals 
- Air India - complaint against air india airport manager at mumbai dated 02/06/18 at 10pm 
- Air India - staff/passengers