India Today Book Club / ITBC-Domestic Holiday Package & Vijayadasami Offer with Phone/Camera/HomeTheatre

1 India Review updated:

I had placed 2 [protected]s with India Today Book Club:

1. Domestic Holiday Package including a) 12 Books, b) 3 CDs, c) Return Air Tickets with Taxes for 2 Adults and 1 child and d) Stay in any of the 5-Star Hotels in India with Breakfast and Dinner.

Complaint: I have received only the books and CDs. I have not received any further information about the Holiday Package which is what was marketed by the marketing people. The agent, Rajendra-[protected], who had convinced me by giving his mobile no., had informed me that within three days of receiving the books, I will be contacted by ITBC for delivering the details of the Holiday package. But there is no such sign even after 3 weeks and he is not receiving my calls anymore.

2. Combo offer of SAMSUNG MOBILE PHONE + PHILIPS HOME THEATRE + FUJIFILM DIGITALCAMERA with all accessories.

Complaint: I have received only the phone. There is no further news about the Camera and Home Theater. I called up Dilip-[protected], the senior marketing advisor from ITBC who had dogged me for one complete week, handled this [protected] and had given his mobile number also as an assurance. But this person received my call only once and after coming to know the reason of my call, he simply disconnected the call. He is not taking my calls anymore. When I called up the customer care, they are playing a different game by telling that there isno such offer.

I once got reply from [protected]@[protected].com that I have to claim my gifts from http://bookstoday.in/promos.htm. But this site shows that it is down for maintenence and that I have to login after 3 days. This condition is not changed for the past 10 days.

I have written several emails to all the available IDs: [protected]@[protected].com, [protected]@[protected].com, [protected]@[protected].com, [protected]@in.com and [protected]@offers.[protected].com. I have directly tried calling these people over phone and sent several SMSs to them to convey my concerns. But there seems to be no [protected] of any kind from these people.

It is so surprising that these people have no limits in so conviniently cheating people and just carry on this as their day-to-day activity.

Comments

• As
      10th of Nov, 2009

I have a similar complaint. The free offers promised have to be claimed through a website that doesn't exist viz. bookstoday.in/promos.htm.

On calling the call centre, a new person answers each time and they are not willing to put your call through to a more senior staff member.
    Today I am told that the website is : bookstoday.in(backslash, instead of forward slash)promos.htm. The call centre person further informed me that one shouldn't log onto it through Google but directly and that too, tomorrow, not today ! What is that supposed to mean ??? He was unwilling to spend any more time on my call.

Considering the number of increasing consumer complaints against ITBC free offers, can we not start a group and take them to the consumer court ?

• Ra
      26th of Nov, 2009

My order number is 0GB090003555
    Invoice Number is ORB090003049
    Unique number is 114034115B090003049
    I got my booked Item i.e 9.2 m.p kodak digital camera C-160 in which 2GB Memory card, battery charger AV cable & Camera pouch is not there in this box which is mention on the box. I have also not recieve my offer package i.e 2n & 3d holiday package and one round trip air ticket in india as per choice & a discount boucher worth Rs 3000/-.Kindly look into the matter otherwise nobody will have faith in u. You tell something and give something.

rajesh

• In
      8th of Jun, 2010

Dear Sir,

Kindly provide the order details.

Please refer to the email sent to you on your id. If you have any further queries, please mail back to us on the given id:

Would request you to kindly mention this subject: ONLINE COMPLAINTS
    Whenever you mail us for quicker response,

or call us on our customer care No.

011-40502424

• Ba
      24th of Jun, 2010

Dear Mr.Rao,

Kindly provide the order details.

Would request you to kindly mention this subject: ONLINE COMPLAINTS
    Whenever you mail us for quicker response,

or call us on our customer care No.

011-40502424

• On
      11th of Jul, 2010

Dear Ms. Asha Shenoi

We have come across your on line complaint on

We have gone through your complaint, we request you to kindly provide us your membership number and your order number along with your complete address so that we can check the details and inform you the same.

We value your association with India Today Book Club and thank you for your patronage & co-operation.

For any further query or assistance please feel free to write us on [protected]@bagittoday.com

or call us at 011-40502424.

We would request you to kindly mention this subject: ONLINE COMPLAINTS whenever you e-mail us for quicker response.

Thanks & Regards,